Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tkachuk Bros vs Hughes Bros

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Tkachuk Bros vs Hughes Bros

is this a two vs three (not including Luke?)

ive seen this thread and went back and forth on it and finally settled on Hughes. ya its tough but speed kills man..
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Titan

Individually, I think Jack ends up having the best career of all four. Plus, he's locked in at a cheaper cost than either of the Tkachuks, and for a premium centre position. Add on the defence premium, the cheaper contract for Quinn, and the Hughes' being a combined four years younger, and that would definitely be my choice.
    Really fun question though.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Titan

Brady (6yrs): $8,205,714 23yrs old
    Matthew (8yrs): $9,500,000 25yrs old
    Total: 14yrs, $17,705,714/yr, $125,234,284 total, 48yrs old. $8,945,306 average/yr

Jack (8yrs): $8,000,000 21yrs old
    Quinn (5yrs): $7,850,000 23yrs old
    Total: 13yrs, $15,850,000/yr, $103,250,000 total, 44yrs old. $7,942,307.70 average/yr

It's not a great comparison because it doesn't take into account age, but the Hughes are about $1,000,000/yr cheaper overall.

Very interesting debate. It's total contrast over styles and positions. I love this.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Individually, I think Jack ends up having the best career of all four. Plus, he's locked in at a cheaper cost than either of the Tkachuks, and for a premium centre position. Add on the defence premium, the cheaper contract for Quinn, and the Hughes' being a combined four years younger, and that would definitely be my choice.
    Really fun question though.
    I want to agree with you but man the numbers M. Tkachuk has put up man that’s tough..if the rough and tumble playing style doesn’t take its toll on Tkachuk I think, at least points wise he’ll put up better numbers…but I say that painstakingly as Hughes is so good and he very well overtake MT. Tough call. And depending on teams I’d say, at this point, Jack has the best shot at a cup. I think all 4 will be HOFs but who knows maybe I’m out to lunch.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    It's the blueline component for me that pushes me to the Hughes side. I love the way those idiot Tkachuk Bros play, but with Jack's offensive ability combined with an uber skilled defenseman, I've got to lean towards the skill. You would want to surround them with complimentary players that can play when the NHL decides not to call the rules (a.k.a. the playoffs), sort of what Edmonton has done with Evander Kane and to a lesser extent Hyman (not a tough guy, but will go through walls).
    I want to change my vote after watching Matthew Tkachuk (gesundheit) in these playoffs. Kudos to those who said it wasn't even close. I should have focused on the "important" games, a.k.a. the playoffs and then it would have been clear that the right answer was Tkachuk (bless you)
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket