Thread: Perfetti vs. K. Johnson - Next Year? REP Given!

Dobber Sports Pro

Question Perfetti vs. K. Johnson - Next Year? REP Given!

Hey All,

For the bottom team in my sig, I've got more good prospects than I have prospect slots so I've got to keep one of them up with the main team as a regular keeper. As a result I want that player to be the one who will do the best NEXT season. Who do you think would be the best choice to keep as a minor (and keep down in the minors ALL next season) and who will contribute the most right away? Thanks!

BONUS Question - Should I keep Hayton over Lafreniere? Is next year the year Laffy pops?
    12 Team Keep 6: G/A:1 W/SO:2
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Schiefele
    LW - Draisaitl, Fiala, Meier
    RW - ​​Marner, Barzal, Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Morrissey, Dunn, Matheson
    G - Skinner
    B - Marchessault, Caufield, Saros

12 Team Keep 10 (& 5 Minors)
    : G/A/OTL:1 W:2 SO:3
    '24 Picks (16 Rounds) - 1,1,1,1,1,2,2,3,3,3,5,5,6,6
    F - ​McDavid, Rantanen, Point, Aho, Nylander, M. Tkachuk, Guentzel, Pavelski, Duchene, Nyqvist, Rossi
    D - Bouchard, Dobson, Matheson, Andersson, Letang
    G - Vasilevskiy, Markstrom
    B - Mateychuk
    M - Cooley, Michkov, Perreault, Hutson, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Perfetti vs. K. Johnson - Next Year? REP Given!

That’s a tough call. I think though I’m putting Johnson on the main roster. They have similar ppg but Johnson is showing quicker development and there’s that whole perhaps they get Bedard thing! Also no do not keep Hayton over Lafreniere!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Perfetti easily if it were not for injury concerns. As it is, I just take whichever guy you like better (KJ for me hometown kid and I like the future of CBJ)
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???

Dobber Sports Star

I like Perfetti. I would not let Lafreniere go to keep Hayton.

The Great One

I have kj- im.a big fan- but if your league is sog or goal weighted i think id take perfetti. Kjs sogs are concerning in the early going- not unfixable but not a great sign for optimism either. Perfettis playmaker is world class but he's a finisher too.

There's not a lot of guys id move mt KJ for but Perfetti is actually one I think id have to consider.

The lafreniere queation- thats easier. I own him and i am NOT moving him lol!. One of my leagues savvirst owners just let me know at the trade deadline that he'd be happy to take him if I've given up hope. I just look at Jack hughes- thats the level of upside. Maybe not as many goals or sogs- maybe not getting it done exactly the same way or maybe he doesn't "pop off" all at once like Hughes but thats the type of player you're looking at. People want to rewrite history but going back to his draft year most experts said he might not be ina league of his own so to speak but that there was a considerable gap between him and the field- especially past Byfield. The downside is hes more like a 65 point player and you might have to wait another season or two to get there. I DONT think thats the case but its possible.

Hayton has looked like dynamite- and is probably good for 65 (or even 70!) by next year. I think Hayton is better than we thought he was- i think he's coming into his own right now- but no I would not give up Laffy for him. Maybe thats just cause I'm always chasing the next shinier prospect though

Dobber Sports Ace

For next season I’m taking Perfetti.
    12 teams. Keep 9 any position.
    7 prospects. D scoring 3.75 for goal, 2.75 for assist. Forwards 3.5 for goal, 2.5 for assist. 0.5 for hits and blocks. Goalie scoring -1.5 GA, 0.3 for save, 2 points for win and extra 2 for shutout.

​Pre Draft

F: Keller, Zegras, Suzuki, Caufield, Cozens

D:​ Drysdale, Guhle, Perunovich

G:

IR:

Prospects: W. Johnston, K. Johnson, Guenther, Morrow, Mateychuk

Dobber Sports Icon

I'm leaning Perfetti here but that's just personal preference. Honestly it's a coin-flip for next year.

And no I wouldn't keep Hayton of Laf
    Without me, it's only "aweso".