Thread: Who is the better long term target? Sanderson, L. Hughes, Simon Edvinsson, or Bouchard? Please rank them if possible. Thank you.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Who is the better long term target? Sanderson, L. Hughes, Simon Edvinsson, or Bouchard? Please rank them if possible. Thank you.

I a full keeper and want some more depth at D. Which of these young D should I target. Please rank them if possible. I can also attempt to acquire Lane Hudson. Will be probably moving Matt Boldy in the possible trade. Thanks
    14 teams Full Dyansty.Points-G/A3.5,Plus/Minus(1/-1),PIM .5,PPP 2, Blocks .5,GWG 3,Hits .25. Goalies- Wins 3, Saves .15, SHO 6. 20 Roster: 3C,3RW,3 LW, 4D, 1UTIL, 2Goalie starts C: Stutzle,Aho,Petterson. RW:Guentzel, Marner, Boldy, Hagel, Jarvis. LW:Laine, Draisaitl,Kaprizov, Huberdeau. D:Hedman,Dahlin,Heiskanen, Boqvist. G:Vas,Helly, Sorokin. Prospects​: Denisenko,Raty,Morrow,Lambert, Askerov, Wallsteadt.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Who is the better long term target? Sanderson, L. Hughes, Simon Edvinsson, or Bouchard? Please rank them if possible. Thank you.

I would say Bouchard has the best shot. After that, L. Hughes is my favorite, but he has Hamilton ahead of him. After that I would rank Sanderson then Edvinsson.

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Who is the better long term target? Sanderson, L. Hughes, Simon Edvinsson, or Bouchard? Please rank them if possible. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by zambronies View Post
    I would say Bouchard has the best shot. After that, L. Hughes is my favorite, but he has Hamilton ahead of him. After that I would rank Sanderson then Edvinsson.
    I agree with this ranking of the trade candidates.

That being said, I don't believe that I would deal Boldy for any of them. Maybe for Bouchard and another piece. Even if you are strong in one thing, unless it is directly going to lead to a title or cashing, don't make a trade in which you downgrade your talent. This is especially true in dynasty. Boldy's future is now, and he's producing, with no roadblocks in his future.

Dobber Sports Rookie

I say Luke Hughes has the highest upside of the group.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I like Bouchard here the best, with Barrie gone, as long as Edm doesn't bring anybody else in, he's the guy to ride shotgun with McJesus, I don't think he has the highest upside out of all of them, but he has the best floor with a high ceiling.

L.Hughes is next, I think him (along with Hutson) have the highest ceilings, albiet Hughes has a much much higher floor and a higher likelihood of reaching said ceiling. Only reason he isn't ahead of Bouchard is the Dougie problem, but if he can leapfrog him and be as good as ppl (and I) think he can be, with the way NJ is trending, I like him the best, 70+ point upside, bit more of a risk then Bouchard and a longer wait time to get juicy numbers, but he guna'be'gud.

Sanderson has Chabot and Chychrun clogging up the path in front of him, frankly I don't like any of those 3 D now, I feel like it will be a revolving door on the pp between those 3, 1 might stick and land it but pffft, I'd like to borrow the crystal ball of the person who knows that.

Edvinsson is going to be good, really good, Seider may eat into his potential or it may be a Pietrangelo/Shattenkirk arrangement where Seider eats all the hard minutes and Edvinsson gets all the juicy off zone starts and pp time, hard to say. That being said, even if he does get the prime minutes, I still like Bouchard and L.Hughes more then him.

Bonus: Hutson, along with L.Hughes has the highest upside, that said, he's also the riskiest of the bunch, he could be a big swing and a miss, or he could be one of the top ppqb's in the NHL years down the road. That said, he has the longest wait time, also the longest time til he's likely producing at his prime and as I've previously said, the riskiest of the bunch. His upside is real though and that pp1 spot in Mtl is wide open for him (I like Guhle but he looks more like a 1st pairing minute muncher then a ppqb). Mtl is looking good in the next few years as well.
    12 Team Dynasty League. $4 increase per player a year FP/ reduced salary for 3 years, Keep 8-12 (League Champion 14/15, 16/17, 19/20, 22/23)

Categories - D-G, G, A, PPP, SHP, SoG, Hits/Blocks, FoW, FoW%, Give/Take, Wins, GAA, Save%, Saves.

C: Tavares $33, Eichel $16 (1st yr FP), Trocheck $18, Jenner $9 Beniers $2 (1st yr RC)

W: Ovechkin $18, Hintz $17, Pavelski $11, Zacha $10, Kaprizov $7, Johnston $2 (1st yr RC), Reichel $2 (1st yr RC), Bertuzzi $1, Tippet $1

D: Burns $20, Jones $17, Werenski $16 (2nd yr FP), Matheson $5, Spurgeon $1, OEL $1

G: Shesterkin $7, Sorokin $3 (2nd yr RC), Raanta $1

MLP Bench: Rossi, Nazar, Kovalenko, Nikishin, Morrow, Ivanov

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by senryu View Post
    I agree with this ranking of the trade candidates.

That being said, I don't believe that I would deal Boldy for any of them. Maybe for Bouchard and another piece. Even if you are strong in one thing, unless it is directly going to lead to a title or cashing, don't make a trade in which you downgrade your talent. This is especially true in dynasty. Boldy's future is now, and he's producing, with no roadblocks in his future.
    I think this is pretty solid advice. Personally, I would consider moving one of Wallstedt or preferably Askarov for an elite D and, if your league is like most, that kind of return is to be expected. I think Askorov is years away and whether he meets current expectations is far from a given. I'd have no problem turning him into one of the D you have listed while sitting back and enjoying the production that Boldy will give you for years to come. Boldy is now, Askarov is a maybe down the road. Perhaps something to consider. As a last point, I'd also be asking for a + to go along with that D who BTW I rank Bouchard, Hughes/Sanderson and Edvinsson.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf