Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Biggest fantasy regrets of 22/23 season

The Great One

Default Re: Biggest fantasy regrets of 22/23 season

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    In a 1-year league. Goalies just goalies
    In my first round elimination I got zero starts out of drafted goalies.
    I lost too simply because neither Oettenger or Vancek started on Saturday. All I needed was a start - a few saves - and I’d have won. Not to be. So frustrating.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Guru

In my points only league, I messed up big on one day. We have a waiver style draft in November. Only time of the year you can drop a player and pick one up, but we do it in a draft order so it's not a free for all. In the offseason, I drafted K'Andre Miller, thinking he was going to have a breakout season. He was sucking at that point with four points in 18 games. So I dropped him to pick up Jiricek to try to get some great prospects. Miller is now on pace for 45 points.

That same day, someone offered me Josh Morrissey for a third round pick and Brandt Clarke. I asked to wait a couple of weeks to see how good my team was. The owner wasn't willing to trade him two weeks later. Lol

So I could have had Morrissey and Miller, while dropping someone like Bryan Rust or Taylor Hall to draft someone like RNH. Would have turned me into a contender again this season.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by VintageVibe View Post

Now, he and a few other GMs weren't happy I won the previous season and I imagine there were growing levels of bitterness and concern with how competitive I was setting my team up to be for the next decade (after winning twice (would've been three times if not for the COVID cancellation) already). The head-commissioner went out of his way to slap my pee-pee the day trading opened up in the off-season after I admitted to having a verbal agreement with another GM during our "trade freeze" (8 years into the league and I had no idea we weren't allowed to talk trade during the "trade freeze").

It was growing more obvious that I was the next GM up on his "hitlist" (after many others quit before me for very similar reasons) and my position change request seemingly broke the old camel's back.
    LOL.. Whatever helps you sleep at night. <eyeroll>

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft