Thread: Looking for info on some lesser knowns

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Looking for info on some lesser knowns

Was just surfing around collecting some data on potential under the radar adds for a dynasty league and I came across a few names that I'm not that familiar with but look like they could be attractive options;

Josh Filmon, LW NJ
    Caedan Bankier, C Minn
    Tucker Robertson, C Seattle

Just looking at raw stats Filmon has made a huge jump from last year but his points are goal heavy. No one is really running away with that 2nd line LW spot yet
    Bankier is an overager but he has size and his statistical progress has been consistent across the board. Minnesota is just the kind of organization that would snuff Rossi and run with a guy like this.
    Tucker Robertson I know the least about, but it seems like they have alot of opportunities to make changes and build going forward, which makes a strong looking center seem like he could have a solid opportunity at some point.

Has anyone seen any of these guys that might have some insight on whether or not they're worth acquiring? It's a deep league and prospects get snatched up fast but I also don't want to sit on a bottom 6 guy for 2 years so I'm hoping to learn a little more here.

Appreciate any info and as I usually do, I will throw some rep in the direction of those who contribute valuable insight.

Thanks in advance.
    16 team Pts only dynasty league
    G, A, PPG, SHG, GWG, Svs, SO's, W's
    Pro Roster Starters: 9 F, 6 D 1 G

FWD: Hertl, Forsberg, Quinn, Rantanen, Debrincat, Couturier, Dach, Trocheck, Larkin, Seguin
    D: Chychrun, Grzelcyk, Trouba, Burns, Walman, Karlsson, Graves
    G: Kahkkonen, Keumper, Reimer

Farm (notables):
    F: Pekarcik, Dellandrea, Cowan, Puistola, Halttunen, Simoneau, Bolduc, Nadeau, Stankhoven
    D: Brzustewicz, Alexeyev, Jiricek, Reinbacher, Minnetian
    G: Fedotov, Tarasov, Kochetkov, Skarek, M. Gibson

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Looking for info on some lesser knowns

How deep is your league? It must be fairly deep to be inquiring about these 3 players. To me the only name that remotely stands out is Bankier however is he worth a spot? I guess that depends. Do you have to drop someone, can you carry as many minors as your want?

The Great One

You should really grab a copy of the Dobber Prospect guide. So much good info along these lines.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by DangerCat View Post
    How deep is your league? It must be fairly deep to be inquiring about these 3 players. To me the only name that remotely stands out is Bankier however is he worth a spot? I guess that depends. Do you have to drop someone, can you carry as many minors as your want?
    It's a pretty deep league. 16 team dynasty, up to 50 prospects per team, most teams don't carry that many though. I won't be dropping anyone, I traded away some prospects and I'm trying to restock a bit. Anyone that could generate some speculation at some point could be used as trade bait, so picking at the leftovers doesn't hurt.
    Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    You should really grab a copy of the Dobber Prospect guide. So much good info along these lines.
    I've purchased it every year for the last 8 years. I have a collection of players on my farm roster that I picked up because of it. Alot of the GM's in this league are just as savvy though, so I have to get creative and through some metaphorical darts.

FWD: Hertl, Forsberg, Quinn, Rantanen, Debrincat, Couturier, Dach, Trocheck, Larkin, Seguin

Farm (notables):
    F: Pekarcik, Dellandrea, Cowan, Puistola, Halttunen, Simoneau, Bolduc, Nadeau, Stankhoven

The Great One

Cool!
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Apprentice

In that case I’d look at bankier as he’s closest to a spot if his offence translates to the AHL next year!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Wow, up to 50 prospects per team!! Never seen anything with that many spots! While I don't have any names to help you with your quest, if I were in that league, I would try to stock my prospects list with about 30 home run swings - typically smaller players with big skills. If they make it, they'll make a difference. Maybe you get a Martin St. Louis out of it, if they don't pan out, easy drops. I'm sure some of the guys in the league already do that though. Happy hunting!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Ace

Yeah at this time of the year I usually just sort the Canadian league teams by points per game and filter for drafted players. That's where I got these names from, most of the "known" talents would have been drafted or picked up already by this point in the year. It's hard to find info on these guys though, I found a quick hightlight video on Filmon but that was about it.

Farm (notables):

Dobber Sports Titan

Usually in this kind of case, you take the wild cards that are a lot closer to the NHL. If you're waiting on a young guy like Filmon or Robertson for five years, that's a prospect spot that could have been used for 2+ guys over those five years that have a two-year timeline from picking them up to when you know whether they're going to make an impact or not. Bankier is the closest of the bunch, so he's my pick of the three, but Filmon/Robertson aren't guys I would be looking at, even with the size of the minors system.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)