Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Reimer stirs the Pride pot

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Reimer stirs the Pride pot

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    Nice deflection. I don't require him to participate at all. He absolutely has the right to not participate. Of course when he chooses to do this, everyone has the right to suggest that is poor behavior. It's called holding people accountable for their actions. Or should everyone be free to do whatever they want without anyone ever questioning it?

Rylant
    A bit of public ostracizing for sinning against the current social norm hasn't hurt anybody, right..?! A nice self righteous feeling that comes with it too. Just holding people accountable for their sins and poor behavior

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDog View Post
    I'm wondering how many people who are actually LGBT care about this. I happen to be in that category and I wish the straight people would just shut the hell up. We don't care. Same with the whole race thing (yeah I fall into that category too).

Just stop, it's pandering and virtue signalling, we don't want special days or events, just treat us like you would a straight white person. Can you do that?
    Word. I will, and do, treat any person without considering their sexual preferences unless, of course, I want to have sexual relations with them, in which case those become really important.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Deity

I'm wondering how many people who are actually LGBT care about this. I happen to be in that category and I wish the straight people would just shut the hell up. We don't care. Same with the whole race thing (yeah I fall into that category too).

Just stop, it's pandering and virtue signalling, we don't want special days or events, just treat us like you would a straight white person. Can you do that?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Awesome. So that means you’ll stop creating these stupid threads? It wasn’t Reimer that stirred the pot, it’s people like you that need to tell the world Reimer decided to stay in the room and meditate and focus on the game.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    Awesome. So that means you’ll stop creating these stupid threads? It wasn’t Reimer that stirred the pot, it’s people like you that need to tell the world Reimer decided to stay in the room and meditate and focus on the game.
    I'm sorry I upset you Skippy by creating this thread.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Grand Master

“We don’t care” ah yes the classic “individual speaks for the whole group” also known as “my personal experience and opinion must apply to all”

Dobber Sports Veteran

More fake outrage by fake individuals.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

“We don’t care” ah yes the classic “individual speaks for the whole group” or “my personal experience is everyone’s experience”.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    Nice deflection. I don't require him to participate at all. He absolutely has the right to not participate. Of course when he chooses to do this, everyone has the right to suggest that is poor behavior. It's called holding people accountable for their actions. Or should everyone be free to do whatever they want without anyone ever questioning it?

Rylant
    I cant have a reasonable conversation with you. Now with the Trump talk. I didnt deflect, you entirely ignored my response is all. Too thick to get it I'm afraid. Its fine, at least you are harmless.

Again, like last time. He took no action. (Lack of) Action was forced on him, and he let people know ahead of time what would happen if they went ahead. Not on him. Not his job to do it.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Kudos to you dude, those are exactly my thought on this and similar topics...
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by audiopile View Post
    I cant have a reasonable conversation with you. Now with the Trump talk. I didnt deflect, you entirely ignored my response is all. Too thick to get it I'm afraid. Its fine, at least you are harmless.

Again, like last time. He took no action. (Lack of) Action was forced on him, and he let people know ahead of time what would happen if they went ahead. Not on him. Not his job to do it.
    You are right. You can't have a reasonable conversation with me. Maybe if you tried to be a little more objective, we would be able to have a reasonable conversation. I have respectful conversations all the time with people who have drastically different opinions than I do on topics such as this. It's a shame that we can't do that.

And yes, you already made your ridiculous point suggesting that he was forced into action when he wasn't, and I already refuted it. Should we just keep making the same point over and over again?

Listen, I get it. You aren't interested in listening or changing your mind here. You have your mind made up. Its cool. I will be completely honest when I say that it will be really difficult for you to convince me that it is OK for a Chrisitan to condemn two loving adults who aren't harming anybody on the grounds that their God says it's wrong and their magical book tells them so.

This is important to me. I gather it is important to you. You aren't going to convince me that this is ok and I am not going to change your mind. Best of luck to you.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Titan

I've said it before, if a player chooses not to wear it and says "religious beliefs" as the reason, just start asking them a bunch of sins in the bible and see if they agree with them.

If you don't want to wear the jersey and say it's religion, I say you should be open to any questions about it. You don't need to answer them, but I've always thought if you care enough to not do something, you should care enough to explain yourself. Plus the statements that are released by players who do this are soooo annoying to me. "LGBTQIA+ community should be welcomed in all aspects of the game of hockey" But earlier says "I am choosing not to endorse them". It's too PR for me, but I understand why they have to make statements like this.

People grilled Kaepernick about kneeling, do the same to people who say you're sitting out of Pride events because of your beliefs. If you come out and say "it's cause I don't like LGBTQ+ community" then questions done. If you say it's for religious reasons, keep asking him questions.

If I was an owner, I'd make him go out for warmups in a normal jersey. I personally think holding them out is protecting them from a photo that will last forever of them in a normal jersey surrounded by Pride Jerseys. Then if they want to sit out warmups, I'd make him say why. People can feel whatever they want to, but hiding behind religious beliefs has always been taken lightly when it comes to LGBTQ+. I'd want a bit of pressure applied. Reimer did talk more than others have, but I do find it funny how he essentially said "I have a Muslim friend". It was very stereotypical white religious response, like out of South Park.

But like others have said, it'll pass in terms of media representation. But it'll always be there. Reimer is at the end of his career, and could be done after this season. He'll live in his bubble of people who likely think the same way and he'll never face an issue like this again likely. He'll probably be praised by people who have more hate in them than he does (My Fiances cousin who doesn't watch hockey at all posted a picture on insta calling him a "King"...)
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    “We don’t care” ah yes the classic “individual speaks for the whole group” also known as “my personal experience and opinion must apply to all”
    So is one person's opinion that actually qualifies for the group a better or worse opinion than one person's opinion that does not qualify in the group?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Wizard

I don't plan to participate in this year's Pride parade in Toronto. Someone should write an article being outraged.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    I don't plan to participate in this year's Pride parade in Toronto. Someone should write an article being outraged.
    I would rather write an article about how post #2 of this thread should have been the final post.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​