Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Reimer stirs the Pride pot

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Reimer stirs the Pride pot

Here we go again, just like Provorov earlier. Get the pitchforks out.

https://twitter.com/cmasisak22/statu...vHsTEbJxw&s=19

James Reimer will not participate in warmups for the Sharks tonight, because it is Pride Night and the team is wearing jerseys that support the LGBTQIA+ community. Reimer informed David Quinn and his teammates a couple days ago. More on this to follow
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Reimer stirs the Pride pot

People should leave Reimer alone. It is his right to choose to participate or not and it's no one else's business.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    People should leave Reimer alone. It is his right to choose to participate or not and it's no one else's business.
    Pretty ridiculous comment. He absolutely has the right to do it. I equally have the right to call anybody out on any hateful or intolerant behavior.

I also get the idea that the reason you strongly support his right to do this, is more about your agreeing with his stance on Pride Jerseys, and less about you being an advocate for people to be able to do what they want. If he was participating in something which you completely disagreed with, would you so vehemently take the same stance of "we should leave him alone. It should be his right to choose and it nobody else's business"?

Rylant

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    Pretty ridiculous comment. He absolutely has the right to do it. I equally have the right to call anybody out on any hateful or intolerant behavior.

Rylant
    100% agreed.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Wizard

I also get the idea that the reason you strongly support his right to do this, is more about your agreeing with his stance on Pride Jerseys, and less about you being an advocate for people to be able to do what they want. If he was participating in something which you completely disagreed with, would you so vehemently take the same stance of "we should leave him alone. It should be his right to choose and it nobody else's business"?

Rylant
    Sure, you can be outraged about anything you want. It doesn't mean I should care.

Dobber Sports Deity

No one is talking about Provorov anymore. In a month, no one will be talking about Reimer. At the end of the day, something else will come along for people to complain about and everyone's lives will continue as they normally do, no matter your beliefs on this topic. This is todays moan and piss topic. Weee!

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    No one is talking about Provorov anymore. In a month, no one will be talking about Reimer. At the end of the day, something else will come along for people to complain about and everyone's lives will continue as they normally do, no matter your beliefs on this topic. This is todays moan and piss topic. Weee!
    Pretty much. I don't understand why people don't have better things to do with their time than bitch about these events.

Dobber Sports Star

Sure, you can be outraged about anything you want. It doesn't mean I should care.
    It's sad that you feel the need to embrace these types of tactics. So deflective and disingenuous. I am not outraged in the slightest, and I also have a feeling you were well-aware of that. For whatever reason, you need to distort this with some strange accusation of my supposed outrage. Did anything I have said in this thread indicate outrage? I am completely calm, however this is a topic which I am passionate about, and I can't just sit by in silence. Also I never once said you should care, so that seems like a strange thing to bring up. I also noticed you never denied how you feel about pride jerseys.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Star

Moan and piss topic? Come on, man. This is a topic which is incredibly important to people on both sides of the argument. People should be encouraged to stand up and fight for what they believe in, regardless of which side they are on. Yes, this may have run its course in a month, but while this is the topic of the day, people should speak their minds. Don't devalue what is happening here by suggesting this is a "todays moan and piss topic". You are better than that.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Deity

Moan and piss topic? Come on, man. This is a topic which is incredibly important to people on both sides of the argument. People should be encouraged to stand up and fight for what they believe in, regardless of which side they are on. Yes, this may have run its course in a month, but while this is the topic of the day, people should speak their minds. Don't devalue what is happening here by suggesting this is a "todays moan and piss topic". You are better than that.

Rylant
    I am not naive enough to not understand the importance of it but it's the flavor of the day today only because Reimer has made it so. No one is even talking about Provorov. It will be tomorrow's topic in a few days.

George Floyd?

Dobber Sports Sage

This is todays moan and piss topic. Weee!
    Why did you start the thread?
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Wizard

It's sad that you feel the need to embrace these types of tactics. So deflective and disingenuous. I am not outraged in the slightest, and I also have a feeling you were well-aware of that. For whatever reason, you need to distort this with some strange accusation of my supposed outrage. Did anything I have said in this thread indicate outrage? I am completely calm, however this is a topic which I am passionate about, and I can't just sit by in silence. Also I never once said you should care, so that seems like a strange thing to bring up. I also noticed you never denied how you feel about pride jerseys.

Rylant
    Now how did you go from my saying people shouldn't care about this stuff to me "embracing" it? Talk about unjustified assumptions and jumping to conclusions.

How I feel about pride jerseys? I think they're unnecessary. Pride is a very misguided emotion to feel about one's sexuality. It's not like it's an accomplishment being gay. I understand that it is the result of historical injustice to this minority community but I don't agree that we as the large community should celebrate being proud of one's sexuality. Acceptance of people's different sexual preferences? I am onboard. Acknowledgement of past injustice? Count me in. No discriminations based on sexual orientation? Yes sir. But pride? Nope.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    Why did you start the thread?
    It was happening one way or the other.

And just like that, the spotlight is off Carson Briere.

Dobber Sports Star

Now how did you go from my saying people shouldn't care about this stuff to me "embracing" it? Talk about unjustified assumptions and jumping to conclusions.
    Dude you are all over the map. That is not what I said at all. Please, keep twisting it around. You are just further demonstrating the absurd lengths you will go to in order to twist somebody's words to make you look better. You are exactly making my point. Sad need to embrace those tactics, indeed.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Wizard

Dude you are all over the map. That is not what I said at all. Please, keep twisting it around. You are just further demonstrating the absurd lengths you will go to in order to twist somebody's words to make you look better. You are exactly making my point. Sad need to embrace those tactics, indeed.

Rylant
    Your strong feelings about this topic seem to be clouding your memory. This is what you wrote:

It's sad that you feel the need to embrace these types of tactics. So deflective and disingenuous.
    Rylant
    And if you think I am making your point by what I said in this thread, you clearly are lost in this cause emotionally and rational thought need not apply.