View Poll Results: Which five players are the most underrated in fantasy?

Voters
51. This poll is closed
  • Jesper Bratt

22 43.14%
  • Pavel Buchnevich

22 43.14%
  • Jake DeBrusk

7 13.73%
  • Vince Dunn

15 29.41%
  • Kevin Fiala

6 11.76%
  • Jake Guentzel

9 17.65%
  • Dougie Hamilton

11 21.57%
  • Roope Hintz

16 31.37%
  • Nico Hischier

11 21.57%
  • Jordan Kyrou

3 5.88%
  • Charlie McAvoy

8 15.69%
  • Brock Nelson

18 35.29%
  • Ryan Nugent-Hopkins

13 25.49%
  • William Nylander

7 13.73%
  • Nick Schmaltz

19 37.25%
  • Chalnder Stephenson

10 19.61%
  • Brady Tkachuk

4 7.84%
  • Matthew Tkachuk

3 5.88%
  • Tyler Toffoli

9 17.65%
  • Carter Verhaeghe

28 54.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: ROOS LETS LOOSE POLL: Most Underrated in Fantasy

The Great One

Default ROOS LETS LOOSE POLL: Most Underrated in Fantasy

When I ran my poll last month on players who were most overrated in fantasy, my guess is many of you figured - correctly - that I'd pull a 180 and focus on their underrated counterparts in the following poll. So gathered here are the 20 skaters I feel are - as of right now - most underrated in fantasy. For what it's worth, this list was a lot more difficult to assemble than the overrated list, mainly because the fantasy hype machine goes into overdrive at the drop of a hat.

Your task is to vote for the five players who are more underrated among the 20. In terms of voting guidance, this is based on points only leagues and it's relative, meaning that a more highly rated player can be more underrated than a lower rated player because he is still somehow more underrated on a relative scale than the lower rated player. Hopefully that makes sense.

As usual, when casting your votes please also post here to let us know who you voted for and why.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

The Great One

Default Re: ROOS LETS LOOSE POLL: Most Underrated in Fantasy

My votes went to:

Buchnevich - on pace for the SIXTH straight season to see his scoring rate increase, he just keeps getting better and better but still lacks proper recognition
    Dunn - When is the fantasy universe going to realize this isn't short term variance we're seeing?
    Hintz - He's as good or better than so many centers who get far more hype
    M. Tkachuk - Last year everyone thought he was elevated by Johnny Gaudreau, and even now I feel he still isn't seen as the ultra-elite player he's clearly become
    Verhaeghe - Solid, steady, and unspectacular means he's undeservedly too far under the fantasy radar
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: ROOS LETS LOOSE POLL: Most Underrated in Fantasy

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    My votes went to:

Buchnevich - on pace for the SIXTH straight season to see his scoring rate increase, he just keeps getting better and better but still lacks proper recognition
    Dunn - When is the fantasy universe going to realize this isn't short term variance we're seeing?
    Hintz - He's as good or better than so many centers who get far more hype
    M. Tkachuk - Last year everyone thought he was elevated by Johnny Gaudreau, and even now I feel he still isn't seen as the ultra-elite player he's clearly become
    Verhaeghe - Solid, steady, and unspectacular means he's undeservedly too far under the fantasy radar
    My thoughts exactly on Buchnevich, Hintz and Verhaeghe - and with the latter he produces despite no PP1.

My other 2:

- Stephenson - as under the radar and unsexy as it gets, but puts up fantasy-worthy stats. Nothing to knock anyone’s socks off, and certainly light in some areas (SOG), but a low-owned guy who puts up 64 in 79 is the definition of underrated.

- Hischier - this one may be controversial as for years he was OVERrated. But for last several years he’s bern underrated in my books, overshadowed by Jack. But I could just as easily have picked Bratt here.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper