Thread: Ilya Konovalov

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Ilya Konovalov

Can anyone tell me anything about this guy? Any chance he comes over at some point?

Thanks appreciate any help my pool is becoming way too competitive hard to find decent goalie prospects
    12 Team Keeper
    Points Only - Goals and Assists with 2 pts for W and SO for goalies
    3 C - 3 LW - 3 RW - 4 D - 3 G - 14 bench for farm
    Reg Season only
    All players are keepers with a deprivaty system every year.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Ilya Konovalov

Sure. I grabbed him in his draft year in a dynasty that has since folded.

First off, it's back over, as he was over here for a year or so. He was one of the better sleeper goalie prospects in his draft, and he's been developing reasonably well. I think that since he's been over in North America already, there's a good chance he'll be back over.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Star

He's already been over, was getting used to North America, and then gave it up to go back home to Russia. He appears to be someone who would rather play in the KHL at home than in the NHL. The Oilers terminated his contract to accommodate his wishes to get out of North America. He's 20th in the KHL in save percentage this year, so he's not dominating his league like we'd hope. He's only 24, but there are three younger KHL goalies outperforming him. I cut him outright in my dynasty. If you ever hear that he's coming back, pick him up. But I'd wager that we'll never see him in the NHL.

Dobber Sports Superstar

There are a significant number of goalies out there in the same boat as Konovalov in that they are long shots to make it to the big show. Simple as that really. The Russian factor is also at play here. Yet, a few of these guys will make it and who knows, Konolov might be one of them. Worth a stash if it costs you nothing, if it does cost you something I'm certainly not going there.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Deity

I wont be surprised to see him take a similar route as Koskinen did. At some point, I can see him taking a shot at the NHL but it wont be for a few years at best. He'll need to prove his worth in the KHL before an NHL team will give him a legit shot at playing full time in the NHL. I dont think he wants to come back over and play in the AHL again but who knows. If he can get to that level then he's got a shot of coming back over. If he just stayed mediocre in the KHL, that's where he will stay.

He's not someone I would be heavily invested in at this point.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sophomore

That's so helpful thanks you guys. The fact he is not out performing other guys in the KHL is not a good sign after being here.

Any other obscure goalie prospects you guys would recommend?