Im a fan of top down isometric RPGs- especially the ones where you have a lot of choices (impactful choices!!) and a variety of ways to complete the missions/adventures/stories. I want to grab one of them and Im kind of stumped- I just bought Disco Elysium and although ill appreciate it someday I think I just dont have the time or attention span to commit to such a dialogue heavy game right now haha! And no combat sucks :P

Ive heard Under Rail has a comitted team thats still releasing content, DLC and updates like 4 years after the fact. The character options seem really extensive (never would have considered a Psychic type charavter in this setting!)- and the world seems cool and well fleshed out. I guess my gripe would be the graphics look a little limp but tbh anything I run has to be on the lowest resolution cause Im using an old laptop-no gaming rig here!

On the other side Colony Ship is getting rave reviews and the other game that team made is also on my wish list- haha! They go for like hyper realistic outcomes in the story and even combat. The graphics look a lot better and the concept itself sounds really unique to me! Cost is an issue tough and Im wondering if maybe Under Rail could sate my RPG itch while I bank some money to get this one leater on.

Any feedback on these titles? I was a really big fan of the shadowrun series too! Returns was "meh" (I never actually finished it) while I completed Dragonfall with the expansion and Hong Kong a couple times each!! Ive heard Wasteland was good as well and I already boght Dragon Age origins but cant get into that one either- not a fan of the stop/start/pause/unpause combat format but I know if I could just get over that Id probably love it! Baldurs Gate two feels like a bad purchase- I didnt know youre literally continuing the same story- frowny face . But yea- Im open to any suggestions! Would like to keep it at 30 or under...