Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sanderson for Hutson

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Sanderson for Hutson

Hey folks,

I got offered Jake Sanderson for my Lane Hutson and 2nd round pick. 10 team full keeper league, points only. See league details below. I'm pretty high on Sanderson, but Hutson looks like something special. What do you folks think? Thanks!

10 teams full keeper league. Weekly head-to-head. Points only

Roster for 2022-23
    F : Bratt, Compher, Connor, Hertl, Kopitar, E. Lindholm, Malkin, Scheifele, Zibanejad
    D : Forsling, Fox, Orlov, Theodore, Valimaki, T. Van Riemsdyk
    G : Bobrovsky, Vasilevskiy
    Bench : Perron, Tavares, Teravainen, Thomas, Zuccarello, Fowler, Klingberg, Andersen, Gustavsson, M. Jones
    IR : J. Carlson, O'Reilly
    Minors : Berggren, Chinakhov, Drury, Gauthier, Kasper, Lysell, Marchenko, Nazar, Othmann, Yurov, Edvinsson, Hutson, Korchinski, Primeau
    10-team dynasty league. Points only.
    We start 9 F + 6 D + 2 G. Bench of 10 players and 21 minors spots. 3 IR spots.
    Minor eligibility : Less than 150 NHL games.
    Goalies : 2 pts for a W, 4 pts for a SO + 1 pt for an OTL.

Roster
    F : Connor, Kopitar, Lindholm, O’Reilly, Scheifele, D. Strome, Thomas, Zibanejad, Zuccarello, Bratt, Duchene, Eberle, Malkin, Stamkos, Tavares
    D : Carlson, Ekholm, Fox, Josi, Theodore, York, Fowler
    G : Lyon, Talbot, Bobrovsky, Gustavsson, Vasilevskiy
    IR : Hertl
    Minors : Berggren, Chinakhov, Drury, Kasper, Nazar, Othmann, Petrovsky, Poitras, Yurov, Edvinsson, Korchinski, Nikishin, Zamula, Hrabal, Portillo, Primeau, Prosvetov

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Sanderson for Hutson

If this weren't points only, then it'd be Sanderson in a walk.

Points-wise, Hutson likely has the higher ceiling, but there are so many questions to be answered before he can get there. Again, right now, Hutson is (depending what site you look at) is about 10 pounds lighter than the lightest defenseman in the NHL (I think it is Spurgeon). At some point, you can't be tiny and play NHL-level defense. So to even get to the Spurgeon, Samuel Girard level of size, Hutson needs to put on a good chunk of muscle. Can he do that? Probably, but it will likely take his body a few years to get there. Hutson can almost certainly perform his offensive duties at the NHL level, or will be able to do so in a short amount of time. But no coach is going to let a 150 pounder create a huge defensive hole; what is Hutson going to do against Tage Thompson? Most coaches are going to want to see Hutson being able to play some measure of passable defense before he gets the chance to show his offense. And then there's the question of whether adding 20 pounds will change the quickness and shiftiness that gives Hutson part of his offensive firepower.

Contrast that with Sanderson. Yes, he's in the mix with Chychrun and Chabot. But he's here now, he's unquestionably NHL ready, and if things break right, he could get PP1 time with some high scoring forwards.

I don't know what your 2nd round pick is, but I think you have to take Sanderson and let someone else wait years to see if Hutson can make it.

Dobber Sports Star

Lest we wonder about weight being a factor in coaches wanting to play their defensemen, we just need to look to Slater Koekkoek's recent revelation about his anxiety, which wouldn't permit him to eat, which kept him skinny, which his coaches did not like one bit.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by senryu View Post
    If this weren't points only, then it'd be Sanderson in a walk.

Points-wise, Hutson likely has the higher ceiling, but there are so many questions to be answered before he can get there. Again, right now, Hutson is (depending what site you look at) is about 10 pounds lighter than the lightest defenseman in the NHL (I think it is Spurgeon). At some point, you can't be tiny and play NHL-level defense. So to even get to the Spurgeon, Samuel Girard level of size, Hutson needs to put on a good chunk of muscle. Can he do that? Probably, but it will likely take his body a few years to get there. Hutson can almost certainly perform his offensive duties at the NHL level, or will be able to do so in a short amount of time. But no coach is going to let a 150 pounder create a huge defensive hole; what is Hutson going to do against Tage Thompson? Most coaches are going to want to see Hutson being able to play some measure of passable defense before he gets the chance to show his offense. And then there's the question of whether adding 20 pounds will change the quickness and shiftiness that gives Hutson part of his offensive firepower.

Contrast that with Sanderson. Yes, he's in the mix with Chychrun and Chabot. But he's here now, he's unquestionably NHL ready, and if things break right, he could get PP1 time with some high scoring forwards.

I don't know what your 2nd round pick is, but I think you have to take Sanderson and let someone else wait years to see if Hutson can make it.
    I'm in full agreement with this. We've seen this before, lots of times. The bottom line is that regardless of offensive level of skill, if a young defender can't adequately defend no NHL coach is sending out a kid like that to play significant minutes. Certainly, in Hutson's case, his ability to defend at the NHL level is a big red flag and remains wholly unanswered and a lot of folks have serious doubts that he can. If you can stash him away at little or no cost and wait and see what happens then fine, but if I'm giving up a major asset like Sanderson who is now fully established in the NHL, well that's a not for me. The guy offering you this trade obviously thinks otherwise. I take full advantage of this, but I counter with a lesser draft pick and fully justify that by playing up the incredible hype currently surrounding this guy.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Ace

If you can be patient, Hutson will reward you.
    12 teams. Keep 9 any position.
    7 prospects. D scoring 3.75 for goal, 2.75 for assist. Forwards 3.5 for goal, 2.5 for assist. 0.5 for hits and blocks. Goalie scoring -1.5 GA, 0.3 for save, 2 points for win and extra 2 for shutout.

​Pre Draft

F: Keller, Zegras, Suzuki, Caufield, Cozens

D:​ Drysdale, Guhle, Perunovich

G:

IR:

Prospects: W. Johnston, K. Johnson, Guenther, Morrow, Mateychuk

Dobber Sports Initiate

I think you take Jake Sanderson and move happily along.

Though I agree with Bubba's idea of seeing if you can counter with a lesser draft pick, though I wouldn't let that be what causes this deal to fall apart.
    12 team Card Hockey League. Use stats from last NHL season ex: 2022-23 stats will be used for our 23-24 season cards
    Fwds: MacKinnon, Pastrnak, Rantanen, M Tkachuk Scheifele, Marchand, B Nelson, Stephenson, J Toews, R Thomas, Lundell, E Rodrigues, Sissons, Lowry, M Foligno, D Guenther, Mangiapane, Pacioretty, Huberdeau, Wheeler
    Dmen: Makar, D Toews, Dobson, Sergachev, S Jones, Graves, Carlo, Gudas, Byram, Girard, Thrun
    Goalies: Vanecek, Francouz, Samsonov

Dobber Sports Wizard

i rather have sure thing....Sanderson for me.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Before Sens got Chychrun, Sandy hands down and I own Hutson.

With Chychrun there, Sandy has to compete with him and Chabot for that pp1 spot, all 3 will be in the top 4 for D. I would still take Sandy here though, but a bit more hesitantly as in a couple of years, it could really blow up in your face.

Huston definitely has a higher upside for points, by quite a bit, but there is a chance of him busting as well. Sandy won't bust, at worst he's likely a 35 point guy, but I also don't see him topping 50 points.
    12 Team Dynasty League. $4 increase per player a year FP/ reduced salary for 3 years, Keep 8-12 (League Champion 14/15, 16/17, 19/20, 22/23)

Categories - D-G, G, A, PPP, SHP, SoG, Hits/Blocks, FoW, FoW%, Give/Take, Wins, GAA, Save%, Saves.

C: Tavares $33, Eichel $16 (1st yr FP), Trocheck $18, Jenner $9 Beniers $2 (1st yr RC)

W: Ovechkin $18, Hintz $17, Pavelski $11, Zacha $10, Kaprizov $7, Johnston $2 (1st yr RC), Reichel $2 (1st yr RC), Bertuzzi $1, Tippet $1

D: Burns $20, Jones $17, Werenski $16 (2nd yr FP), Matheson $5, Spurgeon $1, OEL $1

G: Shesterkin $7, Sorokin $3 (2nd yr RC), Raanta $1

MLP Bench: Rossi, Nazar, Kovalenko, Nikishin, Morrow, Ivanov

Dobber Sports Veteran

Pts only, I would go with Hutson, and I have Sanderson on my team.
    1) 16 teams full keeper H2H. Start 9F, 4D, 1G, 2 Championships
    pts: (D : 7 pts G /5 pts A), (F : 5pts G /3 pts A), (G : 10 pts W / 5 pts SO), (D/F : 1 pt +/-, 0.5 pts PIM, 0.1 FOW, 0.2 Hits, 0.3 pts SOG, PP and SH).

Forward : Aho, Svechnikov, PLDubois, Giroux, Couture, Wheeler, Cozens, Karlsson, Vrana, Anderson,​Greenway,

Defenses : Dahlin, Fox, Doughty, Toews, , Slavin, Miller

Goalies : Oettinger, Vanecek, Bobrovsky

Prospects : Dostal, Schmid, Chinakhov, Bordeleau, Ostlund, Brindley, Gulyayev

Dobber Sports Pro

I think Sanderson is going to be a good top 4 D in the league. I see him around 40 points long term. I don’t see him on PP1 with the Sens. On the other hand, Hutson is a beast offensively but there is a long wait coming with it… There is no real competition for this type of defenseman in MTL. There is no guarantee but he can be a special player. In points only, i wouldn’t do this trade.
    League 1
    10 team, Dynasty, points only, 30 players, keep20 starts 12 F, 6 D, 2G , unlimited prospects(can keep them max 5 years)
    F: Mackinnon,Marner, Panarin, Eichel, Fiala, Hughes, Svechnikov, Robertson, Bratt, Kuznetsov, Hischier, B.Tkachuk, M.Tkachuk, Scheifele, Wheeler, Jenner, Drouin, Tatar, Colton
    D:Hughes, Hamilton, Karlsson, Dunn, Burns, Theodore, Slavin, Trouba G: Shesterkin, Binnington, Vanecek
    League2
    Cap league (82.5M with AAV), points only, 12 teams, keep 7, (9F, 4D, 2G)
    F: Hughes, Zuccarello,RNH, Marchessault, Scheifele, Toffoli, O’Reilly, Trocheck, Buchnevich extra: Marchenko
    D: Makar, Dahlin, Seider, Andersson
    G: Hellebuyck, Talbot

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Sanderson, Sanderson Sanderson. I want to have Hutson on my team but I can’t afford Sanderson. Hutson is a boss. But if I had to choose right now…Sanderson 100%

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd pass on this for now, or counter without the pick.

You can say you're really high on Hutson, and that Chychrun is the PP1 guy Chabot wasn't. You might be able to get the pick bargained down or removed.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I prefer Sanderson

The Great One

I’d probably do it with a pick coming the other way - not giving one. The Hutson hype is off the charts. He may well be worth it, who knows. But to get Huston you need to make him pay. I’d counter with Hutson for Sanderson and a 1st. If he says no oh well. This is by no means a trade you need to make.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by DangerCat View Post
    Sanderson, Sanderson Sanderson. I want to have Hutson on my team but I can’t afford Sanderson. Hutson is a boss. But if I had to choose right now…Sanderson 100%
    This is actively bad advice- im foingnto bookmark this for later...