Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sanderson for Hutson

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Sanderson for Hutson

Lane Hutson needs two more points to equal the NCAA rookie production of Cale Makar and Quinn Hughes combined.

Phenom.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I think Hutson has a much better chance of being PP quarterback. I wouldn't give him and a second for Sanderson.

McDavid/Necas/ Kucherov/Bjorkstrand/Rust/Nugent Hopkins/Cirelli/Zegras/- Letang/Morrissey/Dahlin - Swayman/Saros/Skinner

Prospects include:
    McTavish/Clarke/Bordeleau
    Dumais/Korchinski/Hutson

Don't worry I'm not going to say anything more than I have to. If that.

The Great One

If Hutson were literally 2 inches bigger fans and poolies would be drooling over him. I do believe he will struggle defensively- he can combat that with solid positioning and strong stick work but I think there will be times he just plain gets beat and it will be ugly for fans to watch.

However- if you're expecting anything less than Makar in hobbit form offensively you're doing yourself a disservice. We were literally gushing over what Luke Hughes did in the NCAA last year and now Hutson has said hold my ginger ale and flipped that on its head! Even with the massive slowdown in the second half he still blew by a pkg and will end up with ten to fifteen more points than Luke did. If that strong first half was an indication there might even be another gear hwre- he was scoring just about 2 points per game for an extended run.

He WILL struggle defensively- thats a given- but in the fantasy game we look for points and he's got the capacity to break 70 (or bettwr) on a regular basis. His size will affect his defense- not his offense. On that note hes also got very little competition to the role of primary powerplay facilitator on a team that should see Caufield, Slafkovsky and maybe even Suzuki as regular all stars. Hes the perfect weapon in a perfect situation, he's torching records in one of the toughest league to score in and yall are fading him cause he's 2 inches too short?? Seriously?? I really feel like he's maybe the most misunderstood prospect out there- his size just isn't going to be a factor offensively. The concern he wouldnt play has to largely be alleviated at this point- hes going off in college hockey and his pnhle is now tops among dmen! Thise initial fears can start to be dialed back some now and when he does hit the bigs- his offense will be the reason why- count on something spectacular. Maybe he takes time- exceptionally sized players usually do AND he'll have his hands full learning how to defend against bigger/faster forwards but when he does acclimate his raw tools and hockey sense are immense. Was just listening to FHL podcast (highly reccomend) and their prospect expert guest said that basically he went from being underrated to unattainable anymore. IF you can still net Hutson by some miracle- you do it- because in a very good league or if he's held by a very good owner you just will not be able to.

I like Sanderson but he's number two on his team and many experts believe his "bread and butter" is his safe/reliable style. Now ill even give credit that maybe hes exceeding what we expected- he looks good! But he is not supplanting Chabot and if we're being honest hes not even in the same conversation offensively.

If you're contending next year and have a thin defense there's maybe a small argument to hold Sanderson. In 99% of situations this will be one you look back on amd say: "How come no one told me he was THIS good???".

This is me telling you- lol- get Hutson. The fact you can for less than a superb forward is all the more enthralling. I talked about Fiala plus and was all over it. The plus got to be too much but this is a player you just don't get a chance to acquire. Id strongly consider doing just that...