Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: His father must be disappointed

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: His father must be disappointed

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Im with audiopile. We ALL have done stupid things in life, even after we are no longer considered a "kid". I just don't hear about your misadventures because you and your family are not in a spotlight somewhere. You don't hear about mine for the same reasons. He has apologized. Get over it and move on with out holier-than-thow lives.
    I agree to an extent.

An apology is weak if there is no action to right the wrong.
    There should be no need for a gofundme to purchase a new wheelchair. If Carson was truly sorry he would of paid for a new one (Correct me if I'm wrong here, but he hasn't). Had he done this wouldn't be much of an issue that it is.

Obviously this is being amplified due to who Carson's dad is...

Also don't see why there was a 3rd person suspended off the team as 2014OG stated.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
    I agree to an extent.

There should be no need for a gofundme to purchase a new wheelchair. If Carson was truly sorry he would of paid for a new one (Correct me if I'm wrong here, but he hasn't). Had he done this wouldn't be much of an issue that it is.

Also don't see why there was a 3rd person suspended off the team as 2014OG stated.
    You mean his father would have paid for a new one. I don't know too many university students with $8k sitting around.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sage

You mean his father would have paid for a new one. I don't know too many university students with $8k sitting around.
    Yet that wasn't even done...
    Wheelchairs are not $8k (unless they are customized/powered) that was only what the gofundme was at. Her wheelchair was probably only 500-1500 maybe even less.

Who knows if the kid has that kind of money, but if I was the dad I would be making sure he works to pay it off pronto.
    He can also take a loan and work more to pay it off.
    Lots of options out there for him.

Dobber Sports All-Star

I agree to an extent.

There should be no need for a gofundme to purchase a new wheelchair. If Carson was truly sorry he would of paid for a new one(Correct me if I'm wrong here, but he hasn't). Had he done this wouldn't be much of an issue that it is.

If he had any remorse, he would have at least done this.

Dobber Sports Deity

Yet that wasn't even done...
    Wheelchairs are not $8k (unless they are powered) that was only what the gofundme was at. Her wheelchair was probably only 500-1500 maybe even less.

Who knows if the kid has that kind of money, but if I was the dad I would be making sure he works to pay it off pronto.
    He can also take a loan and work more to pay it off.
    Lots of options out there for him.
    At this point, we have no idea what they have or haven't done because we only know what the media wants to tell us, good or bad.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sage

At this point, we have no idea what they have or haven't done because we only know what the media wants to tell us, good or bad.
    Why would she start a GoFundMe if the Briere's offered to pay for the chair? I'm sure it would have been made known as it would of helped Carson's PR...

(Idk how you guys share twitter tweets so well)

https://twitter.com/_legless_wonder/status/1636509130306334720?s=20

Dobber Sports All-Star

Briere has now been charged with criminal mischief and disorderly conduct. Faces prison time and up to $5,000 in fines. Deserved consequences.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/nhl...e10de261&ei=47

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    I see how some are attempting to make light of this by saying it's a bigger story than it should be just because Carson is the son of a former NHL player. Yes, we have all done stupid shit that we regret and were lucky enough to grow up in different times where we didn't all have cameras with us or have security cameras watching our every move. But most of us also didn't play high level hockey where people would pay to watch us play and where we were responsable for our actions and the reputation of the schools or cities we played for. Carson should know better. He grew up in that enviroment.

Regardless, me or my children would never commit such a despcable act with total disregard to the disabled. Stupid shit is one thing, this is just plain ignorant and subhuman and should not be defended in any way.
    "Should know better" is a pretty wobbly argument. I hope my kids would never do this and I can't see it either but this looks more like being drunk and brain dead then actively malicious.

I just don't think getting worked up on a forum is a sufficient use of the mi imal "give a ****" I have left. I'm not defending his actions but there are more egregious crimes out there. The only part of this that warranted a read was the link to her go fund me page (which is absolutely valid). The rest is just finger wagging. I didn't have time for it when I was on that old man's lawn as a kid and I've got no time for.it now...

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    "Should know better" is a pretty wobbly argument. I hope my kids would never do this and I can't see it either but this looks more like being drunk and brain dead then actively malicious.

I just don't think getting worked up on a forum is a sufficient use of the mi imal "give a ****" I have left. I'm not defending his actions but there are more egregious crimes out there. The only part of this that warranted a read was the link to her go fund me page (which is absolutely valid). The rest is just finger wagging. I didn't have time for it when I was on that old man's lawn as a kid and I've got no time for.it now...
    I read “wobbly” and was hoping the rest of your post would be filled with equally amazing puns. I was disappointed.

The Great One

The point you hammered home is wasted here cause I'm completely unimpaired to hear anymore wining today. Maybe the (whis)key to this (mojit)whole argumint (julep) is just to be(er) in bitters spirits and to treat each other with some cosmopolitan and basic human daquiri- to not be so martini to each schlager ... drunk drunk drinking drink poops drunkbat!!

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    Briere has now been charged with criminal mischief and disorderly conduct. Faces prison time and up to $5,000 in fines. Deserved consequences.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/nhl...e10de261&ei=47
    Excessive consequences although I can't imagine him actually getting prison time of $5K in fines.

The woman deserves an apology and he should be responsible for paying for the chair. That's it. Anything more is excessive.

He's 23 years old and has plenty of time to stop making stupid drunken decisions. As mentioned by others, I'm so sick of this finger wagging, virtue signaling, holier than thou bullshit which is why I spend a lot less time on these forums/social media/reddit these days.

Young adults (particularly those in their early 20s) make stupid mistakes, particularly when drinking. He should face the consequences of his actions, but rather than excessive punishment, it should be a learning opportunity for him. Apologize, buy a new chair and reflect on his actions that led to this so he can learn from it.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    Excessive consequences although I can't imagine him actually getting prison time of $5K in fines.

The woman deserves an apology and he should be responsible for paying for the chair. That's it. Anything more is excessive.

He's 23 years old and has plenty of time to stop making stupid drunken decisions. As mentioned by others, I'm so sick of this finger wagging, virtue signaling, holier than thou bullshit which is why I spend a lot less time on these forums/social media/reddit these days.

Young adults (particularly those in their early 20s) make stupid mistakes, particularly when drinking. He should face the consequences of his actions, but rather than excessive punishment, it should be a learning opportunity for him. Apologize, buy a new chair and reflect on his actions that led to this so he can learn from it.
    I wouldn't call whatever he gets excessive if it goes through the legal system correctly.

He should get charged with whatever the charges for property damage is. Which would end up being like volunteer hours, or like probation with relaxed terms. He won't get hit hard, but he could be on terms where he needs to go to counselling, not drink, and volunteer hours (depending on the judge obviously). And I think all those things are warranted.

I got caught underaged drinking at my residence in university and I was told I was getting kicked out of rez unless I go to the university's run AA meeting once, counselling once a week for 3 months, and a meeting with the head RA once a week for 6 months. It sounds overkill, but the AA meeting was put it to see if I had a problem or if it was just a mistake. The counselling was for the same thing, but we ended up talking about other things for 20minutes. And the RA meetings end up being a "Hey you good? ok bye" after a few if you don't need the meetings.

The point above is, if it was just a mistake, any type of mandatory counselling will be minimal. If it was a result of a root problem, the counselling is good. But whatever, if he doesn't make another mistake this will go away. If he does, then his life is either greatly altered or he'll be a Flyers employee in a yr.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I wouldn't call whatever he gets excessive if it goes through the legal system correctly.

He should get charged with whatever the charges for property damage is. Which would end up being like volunteer hours, or like probation with relaxed terms. He won't get hit hard, but he could be on terms where he needs to go to counselling, not drink, and volunteer hours (depending on the judge obviously). And I think all those things are warranted.

I got caught underaged drinking at my residence in university and I was told I was getting kicked out of rez unless I go to the university's run AA meeting once, counselling once a week for 3 months, and a meeting with the head RA once a week for 6 months. It sounds overkill, but the AA meeting was put it to see if I had a problem or if it was just a mistake. The counselling was for the same thing, but we ended up talking about other things for 20minutes. And the RA meetings end up being a "Hey you good? ok bye" after a few if you don't need the meetings.

The point above is, if it was just a mistake, any type of mandatory counselling will be minimal. If it was a result of a root problem, the counselling is good. But whatever, if he doesn't make another mistake this will go away. If he does, then his life is either greatly altered or he'll be a Flyers employee in a yr.
    What you've outlined is a more realistic representation of what he will get I'm sure. It's also more reasonable although still bordering on the excessive side. But given that he's gotten into trouble due to alcohol before, it could be warranted.

The original post indicating jail time or $5K in fines would certainly be excessive in my opinion though.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    What you've outlined is a more realistic representation of what he will get I'm sure. It's also more reasonable although still bordering on the excessive side. But given that he's gotten into trouble due to alcohol before, it could be warranted.

The original post indicating jail time or $5K in fines would certainly be excessive in my opinion though.
    That's the max. Everyone knows that rarely happens. No one expects that to be the punishment unless the judge is ridiculous, but it would go to an appeal at that point.

I also think $5k in fines would do nothing to try and make Carson become a better person. It would just be an instance where he could pay his problems away, which has likely happened in his life already. And the judge could likely steer away from any monetary punishment because of it.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports All-Star

The bottom line is that he will suffer some consequences for his actions according to the law. As anyone should. Hopefully, this will be educational morally, and an example for others, while making him a better person.