Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: His father must be disappointed

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default His father must be disappointed

Daniel Brier's son lacks empathy.

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/car...165849275.html

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: His father must be disappointed

Im sure glad there werent cameras everywhere when i was 19. And the internet... How about you all? All you glorious angels.

Dobber Sports Immortal

I saw this and didn't realize it was his kid. Yikes

Quote Originally Posted by audiopile View Post
    Im sure glad there werent cameras everywhere when i was 19. And the internet... How about you all? All you glorious angels.
    Nah this is a different level of being a little $hit.

Dobber Sports Titan

He's been kicked off another team for "partying a bit too much" in Carson's words. He's 23yrs old...this is a pattern that needs intervention, not a first time drinking and making a bad decision.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

"His father must be disappointed". I am sure his father IS disappointed but as the story states, "The incident was amplified by Briere’s familial connections, as he is the son of current Philadelphia Flyers interim general manager and 17-year NHL veteran Daniel Briere".

This stuff happens regularly everywhere around the world on any given weekend but we are talking about it because of who his father is. Carson Briere is a young adult that is no different than my 22 year old son, only I am not famous, so if my son did it, we wouldn't be talking about it, nor would the rest of the world. Would I be disappointed if my son did something like this? Of course, but that doesn't mean I'd love him any less. I am sure Danny Briere feels the same way.

Stupid young men doing stupid things under the influence. It happens all the time. At the end of the day, no one was hurt and I feel people are making a bigger deal out of this than needs be, only because of who his father is. Carson Briere is a nobody.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Carson has benefited from his father, and will have hurdles because of his father. It's the give-and-take of his life. You make mistakes in life yes, but "kids-will-be-kids" stops for me after multiple incidents and when they are no longer kids.

Also, whoever's broken wheelchair that is now is definitely hurt. It was Sydney Benes, a double amputee that needs the chair while she learns how to walk with her prosthetic legs. The bathroom's are at the bottom of those stairs, thus why the chair was there, and the person who posted the video carries her down the stairs anytime she needs to use the restroom. There is a gofundme to get a new one (currently at over $8,000), but that's only a thing as of who Carson's dad is...

Dobber Sports Deity

Im with audiopile. We ALL have done stupid things in life, even after we are no longer considered a "kid". I just don't hear about your misadventures because you and your family are not in a spotlight somewhere. You dont hear about mine for the same reasons. He has apologized. Get over it and move on with out holier-than-thow lives.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports All-Star

I see how some are attempting to make light of this by saying it's a bigger story than it should be just because Carson is the son of a former NHL player. Yes, we have all done stupid shit that we regret and were lucky enough to grow up in different times where we didn't all have cameras with us or have security cameras watching our every move. But most of us also didn't play high level hockey where people would pay to watch us play and where we were responsable for our actions and the reputation of the schools or cities we played for. Carson should know better. He grew up in that enviroment.

Regardless, me or my children would never commit such a despcable act with total disregard to the disabled. Stupid shit is one thing, this is just plain ignorant and subhuman and should not be defended in any way.

Dobber Sports Titan

All 3 individuals seen in the video, including Carson, have been placed on interim suspension from their athletic teams.

I'm assuming the 3rd person is the guy in the glasses who comes up the stairs but leaves before the chair is thrown down the stairs?

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    I see how some are attempting to make light of this by saying it's a bigger story than it should be just because Carson is the son of a former NHL player. Yes, we have all done stupid shit that we regret and were lucky enough to grow up in different times where we didn't all have cameras with us or have security cameras watching our every move. But most of us also didn't play high level hockey where people would pay to watch us play and where we were responsable for our actions and the reputation of the schools or cities we played for. Carson should know better. He grew up in that enviroment.

Regardless, me or my children would never commit such a despcable act with total disregard to the disabled. Stupid shit is one thing, this is just plain ignorant and subhuman and should not be defended in any way.
    I am simply stating that this is getting blown out of proportion because of his father and his last name. If this was someone named Keenan Stewart who did it, you wouldnt be hearing about this. Now I know you are saying to yourself, who is Keenan Stewart. Stewart is another Jr member of the Mercyhurst University Mens hockey team; the same one as Briere. I just looked at their roster and found another Junior player on there. If it was him, this wouldn't even be news.

Was what he did stupid and immature? Of course. Would I be disappointed if that was my son who did this? Absolutely. For all you guys know, my son did the same thing last weekend at Acadia University at a party but you wouldn't hear about it like we're hearing about this.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post

Its not as bad as you make it. Sure its a stupid and immature and insensitive thing to do, no one is defending or finding it amusing in any way. But the reaction is overblown, no one was physically hurt, and the gal gets a new chair. And while Danny may be "disappointed" he raised this little shit...

I think you need to re-calibrate your expectations of popular youth, you would hope as role models for their peers they are more mature and responsible, but fact is, they can just as easily be a spoiled rotten rich kid who expects to get away with everything.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I am simply stating that this is getting blown out of proportion because of his father and his last name. If this was someone named Keenan Stewart who did it, you wouldnt be hearing about this. Now I know you are saying to yourself, who is Keenan Stewart. Stewart is another Jr member of the Mercyhurst University Mens hockey team; the same one as Briere. I just looked at their roster and found another Junior player on there. If it was him, this wouldn't even be news.

Was what he did stupid and immature? Of course. Would I be disappointed if that was my son who did this? Absolutely. For all you guys know, my son did the same thing last weekend at Acadia University at a party but you wouldn't hear about it like we're hearing about this.
    I disagree. This is getting the publicity it is getting because it's another view into hockey culture.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    I disagree. This is getting the publicity it is getting because it's another view into hockey culture.
    You have your opinion, I have mine. It's not just hockey these things happen in.

Dobber Sports Master

If someone rounded the corner to head upstairs at the same time that chair was flying down the stairs it’s a bigger story.

Dobber Sports Stud

The girl now has to deal with a broken wheelchair. She should slash his tires every time he gets new ones.

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft