Thread: Hey Look Another Who To Drop!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Hey Look Another Who To Drop!

Tuch I think is back tonight, if not then seemingly later this week. League info in sig, we can start 9F and 5D plus a utility spot each day. What player (I am open to either F or D) do I cut to make room for Tuch? If F I am leaning Stephenson, he seems to be trending in the wrong direction lately (3 line but still 1st PP) although Vegas as a whole is doing fine. If I dropped a Dman I would say maybe Sandin? It is a points league but blocks are worth .5 a point so Dmen are good for that peripheral. Open to all feedback, will rep where I can thanks!
    10 Team H2H Points 1 Year League
    2020 Runner Up, 2021 Champion, 2022 Champion

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Hey Look Another Who To Drop!

Who did you p/u for Tuch? drop them, or my pick would be to drop Stephenson when Tuch gets back. Thats your best bet.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

I dropped John Carlson last week as we don't know if he is even coming back for the rest of the year until later this month. I picked up Orlov as his replacement. Tuch went down and so I had an open spot and grabbed Sandin a few days ago as well. With how well both are doing on their new squads I am a little reluctant to part with either, but willing to entertain the conversations. I almost at this point would rather drop Doughty than either of them if I do drop a Dman..

Dobber Sports Superstar

if you are now in a playoff match it is time to abandon being "in love" with players and scrap who will not be in your lineup often enough to constitute advancement to the next round. Last season I dumped Troy Terry because he had two matches in my first match post bye and although he went off every game he did play, I ended up winning the chip when I added someone giving the likes of four games in the same week.

If it is not time for playoffs yet then it is one of Stephenson or Sandin. You do not need seven defenders in a start five and seeing as you scooped Dmitry off the wire it doesn't sound like quality options are few and far between for you to pick up as needed. The more top six/PP1 players you have (Tuch), the more likely your chances for success. I would honestly get yourself down to six D so as not to just be wasting a roster spot more often than not.

Awesome reply thanks Luigi.

I am in the playoffs, round 1 for these next two weeks. The fact I was able to pick up Sandin a few days ago after his first few good games does show that 10 team leagues are deep and options are available. To build on your thought of PP1/Top players, all Orlov/Sandin/Doughty fit that bill. Who would you drop of those 3?

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by 1320kid View Post
    Awesome reply thanks Luigi.

I am in the playoffs, round 1 for these next two weeks. The fact I was able to pick up Sandin a few days ago after his first few good games does show that 10 team leagues are deep and options are available. To build on your thought of PP1/Top players, all Orlov/Sandin/Doughty fit that bill. Who would you drop of those 3?
    dead heat on that trio considering Sandin/Orlov scorching runs on new teams. This would be where going back to my original statement, whomever provides least games/opportunities to get into the lineup this week is the casualty.

Ah well great news it seems Lehkonen made the decision for me last night. Fml lol.