Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Coyotes relocating to Salt Lake City

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Coyotes situation megathread (arena/ownership, potential relocation)

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Maybe they became self-aware and turned themselves into a parody account
    The best part is they've had the tweet up for like 20min and haven't even gotten 4,000 likes.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Coyotes situation megathread (arena/ownership, potential relocation)

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I can see a guy like Ryan Smith paying out Arizona St. to break their lease. It's not hard thing to do. And I don't think the buyout would be large in comparison to how much would be spent overall. Plus Arizona St got to have a $20m reno paid for by someone else.

As for the season tickets comment about 2023-24...money can be loud enough to change that plan.
    I bet the other owners would agree to split the cost on breaking the lease.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Monster

On one of Friedmans hits today he said the NHL wants clarity very soon on AZ, perhaps as soon as All Star weekend...and that the message that potential Salt Lake owner put out was with the tacit approval of the NHL (say what you will about the timing vis a vis the WJC 2018 news). And that the release was meant in part to be a kick in the pants to AZ. Believes the NHL has basically already decided that this owner (Ryan Smith) will get an NHL team at some point, depends whether its the Coyotes or an expansion team. And says Salt Lake is ready and able to have the NHL team as soon as next season.

Atlanta and Houston keep getting a lot of buzz as well. Feels like every so often Kevin Weekes puts out a cryptic tweet about Houston.

I know we've been through this many times before with AZ so I'm not holding my breath...so take it for what its worth haha

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Icon

entirely 100% smoke screen for the WJC news. so when the media "grill" (used lightly) GB he will have a spin.

alternatively, this is a kick in the pants that's needed to get this tire fire under control in ARZ as well...
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Star

So 2 birds 1 stone as they say? haha

Ryan Smith seems like a good dude. Im all for any additional engagement the NHL gets due to Dwyane Wade's part ownership with the Utah Jazz.
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    On one of Friedmans hits today he said the NHL wants clarity very soon on AZ, perhaps as soon as All Star weekend...and that the message that potential Salt Lake owner put out was with the tacit approval of the NHL (say what you will about the timing vis a vis the WJC 2018 news). And that the release was meant in part to be a kick in the pants to AZ. Believes the NHL has basically already decided that this owner (Ryan Smith) will get an NHL team at some point, depends whether its the Coyotes or an expansion team. And says Salt Lake is ready and able to have the NHL team as soon as next season.

Atlanta and Houston keep getting a lot of buzz as well. Feels like every so often Kevin Weekes puts out a cryptic tweet about Houston.

I know we've been through this many times before with AZ so I'm not holding my breath...so take it for what its worth haha
    Have the Salt Lake fella buy the Coyotes .

maybe down the road someone with deep enough pockets and political sway can make it work in Az as an expansion team

Dobber Sports Superstar

At this point, the only rational, logical thing to do which is good for the league, its teams, and the players is to move the Coyotes out of Arizona.
    Arizona has been tried, and tried, and trieeeed for 28 years, without only pockets of marginal success on or off the ice.

I have long followed and agreed with Pengwin7's theory that the NHL would not allow relocation until it expanded to 32 teams because it wanted 32 teams, and that sweet $1B+ in expansion fees and that selling an expansion fee is a hard sell if a relocation had just occured.
    However, now that the league is at 32 it needs to stabilize all franchises. Arizona is by far the biggest problem child, the rink is a joke and was supposed to be temporary but no permanent solution is on the horizion.
    Moving Arizona to SLC is just to simple. SLC has a willing owner, a decent population, an arena and would not require any conference re-alignment.

The only thing getting in the way at this point is Bettman's stubbornness and owner greed (wanting even more expansion). Unfortunately, both of these things are powerful forces.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Monster

https://twitter.com/ArizonaCoyotes/s...06378986209325

Arizona Coyotes
    @ArizonaCoyotes
    We are fully committed to Arizona & hope to share exciting news with all of you soon. Arizona is home & the future is incredibly bright here.

NHL News
    @PuckReportNHL
    Bettman on #Yotes arena situation: “Alex Meruelo told me he was certain he will get this done … I am hopeful and reasonably confident he’s gonna do what he says.”

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO

LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Monster

Chris Johnston
    @reporterchris
    ·
    5m
    Marty Walsh says the #coyotes have missed two deadlines already to move forward with an arena project.

"How long do you wait to get a home? They're playing in a college arena and they're the second tenant in that arena. ... This is not the way to run a business."

LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Bettman will publicly voice his support of his NHL owners always and right up to the moment... when... they (Bettman & NHL) formally want to announce they are allowing a shift.
    (And when this comment actually comes - decisions have been formally made.)
    That doesn't sound like much - but it's standard "professional" fare.

Anything said by league, or ARI owners, or ARI media... means absolutely nothing... about how the two entities are actually feeling about their relationship and direction.
    In the closed room... I'd hedge that Bettman and probably most-to-all NHL owners are pretty effin annoyed with these ARI owners & their current product.
    In a closed room... ven Merulo & co. are probably VERY open to selling the team (at MASSIVE profit).
    Both parties will look best - if that IS to be the future case - by letting as much dirty laundry waft out into the public as possible.
    I think even Arizona fans are starting to smell it coming. The public support is dying down since the public vote squashed the land purchase Merulo & co had dressed up as their "Option A".
    I don't believe this team has an Option B.

Everybody - except the (solid) ARI faithful - think the NHL would be a better overall product if this team were playing somewhere different AND with different owners.

If somebody asked me to bet everything I own on whether Arizona is in Arizona 5 years from now...
    I think I'm going with NO.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

There was a ton of smoke from the different NHL insiders that the SLC release was to put pressure on Arizona, and that the league wanted clarity on the Arizona situation by the ASG.

Planting my flag now. The Arizona Coyotes will play in Salt Lake City next year, under new owner Ryan Smith, with a combined sale and relocation fee somewhere in the range of the total sale price of the Senators. Maxes out around $1.2B would be my guess, with 40% going to Merulo and 60% going to the league. Gonna say $400M for Merulo, $550M for relocation (I know this is $950M not $1.2B, but I'm benchmarking the Ottawa sale with a hedge lol).

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Someone needs to hit the fast forward button on this process.

Cause at the current pace, they will be playing a 3rd season in the Mullet Arena and that's simply not good.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Seravalli just reported Ishbia is out. So that list of 3 is likely already down to 2.

Dobber Sports Wizard

all 3 of these options been on the table for what? 10 + years? this is nothing new ...nothing been done for long time, only way this happens is if GB caves and allows them to relocate...hope it does. Team is getting better, they deserve fans and owner that cares and will do what is necessary to see them have some success.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones