Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Wyatt Johnston - where do you project him now?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Wyatt Johnston - where do you project him now?

Quote Originally Posted by Luffy D Monkey View Post
    After Berggren it drops off and obviously there's some wiggle room with your choices here. But to be honest, I'm putting Johnson in the top 3 of this list, and I might have him ranked 1st.

Now tied with Beniers for rookie goal scoring lead with 19 goals.
    Is that Johnson or Johnston you'd put in the top third?
    Johnston now sole rookie goals leader with 20. He seems to get more effort goals rather than high skill passes or dekes points.

I'll see how he does in the playoffs, but I'm leaning toward holding onto him in my keep 6 league, which no matter good he looks, still is a pretty big risk, as far as fantasy league risks go... I don't believe I'd be able to get him next season otherwise.
    Yahoo Limited keeper: keep up to 8 players from the preceding season, but 2 of them has to be dropped at the end of the season, decided before the start. 'Keep eligible players' from draft round 11 and later, or undrafted.
    16 team league. H2H. League cats: G A +/- PIM PPP SHP SOG FW HIT BLK; W GAA SV SV% SHO
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 6Bench, 2IR
    Keepers 23/24 + cost of keeping. M Seider 2, B Tkachuk 5, D Batherson 4, D Cozens 1, W Johnston 1, F Gustavsson 1. Drafted and keep eligible: J Sanderson, T Harley, J Wallstedt

Dobber Sports Icon

I managed to get WJ for ROR earlier this year in a deep keeper league (before ROR went to the Leafs). I was a bit hesitant at the time but it's looking better by the minute!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by loppantorkel View Post
    Is that Johnson or Johnston you'd put in the top third?
    Johnston now sole rookie goals leader with 20. He seems to get more effort goals rather than high skill passes or dekes points.
    Haha, I can't believe I made that typo. I was trying to say I'd put JohnsTon as in Wyatt in my top 3.
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???

Dobber Sports Pro

Goal in 5 straight games and 7 of his last 9....

Dobber Sports Initiate

He lead the Dallas forward group in time on ice this last game. Still doesn't score a lot, but it's interesting that a 19-yo rookie gets this kind of responsibility at this point. M Beniers still has guys like Wennberg ahead for ice time. The rookies play a similar amount of time, but I wouldn't expect the competition for time to be as tough in Seattle as in Dallas, and Beniers still is regarded a bit higher in the media from what I can tell.

Not sure if it's purely a positive reflection on Johnston, or if there's a sign of lack of depth in the Dallas forward group.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Luffy D Monkey View Post
    Now I'm going to list 8 players who I think have a better future in the NHL from a point production standpoint.
    1. Beniers
    2. MacTavish
    3. K Johnson
    4. Quinn
    5. Perfetti
    6. Berggren

After Berggren it drops off and obviously there's some wiggle room with your choices here. But to be honest, I'm putting Johns[t]on in the top 3 of this list, and I might have him ranked 1st.
    Good prediction so far. A year later and W Johnston just became the first in his draft class to hit 100p. Very impressive and happy I held on to him.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I have Johnston in few leagues. I’m really high on him, and just got low curve balls offers from other GMs who wanted him.
    1) 16 teams full keeper H2H. Start 9F, 4D, 1G, 2 Championships
    pts: (D : 7 pts G /5 pts A), (F : 5pts G /3 pts A), (G : 10 pts W / 5 pts SO), (D/F : 1 pt +/-, 0.5 pts PIM, 0.1 FOW, 0.2 Hits, 0.3 pts SOG, PP and SH).

Forward : Aho, Svechnikov, PLDubois, Giroux, Couture, Wheeler, Cozens, Karlsson, Vrana, Anderson,​Greenway,

Defenses : Dahlin, Fox, Doughty, Toews, , Slavin, Miller

Goalies : Oettinger, Vanecek, Bobrovsky

Prospects : Dostal, Schmid, Chinakhov, Bordeleau, Ostlund, Brindley, Gulyayev

Dobber Sports Veteran

I dropped him in my limited keeper even though I knew he was going to be a superstar. Kicking myself now.
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???