Thread: Aho/Ullmark - Morrissey/Hyman

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Aho/Ullmark - Morrissey/Hyman

I’m in a battle for 1st and my Ds are really hurting me. I get Morrissey+Hyman for Aho and Ullmark…fyi sig not quite accurate
    8 Team Keeper League
    Keep 35 at the end of the year+5 JR slots(can be kept for 3 yrs after draft or less than 10 NHL games)

Points(4) PIM(0.5) +\-(0.5) Wins(5) SO(5) GA(-0.5) Save(0.1)

Roster:
    17F
    8D
    3G
    12Farm
    5 JR spots

F: Landeskog Mackinnon Kaprizov Panarin Rantanen Bratt Buchnevich Hintz
    Kreider Svechnikov Marner T. Wilson Guentzel Rust Fiala Aho Meier

D: Carlson Toews Theodore Krug Klingberg Barrie Ekblad Weegar

G: Bobrovsky Saros Vasilevskiy

Farm: Hagel, Petersen, Yamamoto, R. Strome, Addison Bjorkstrand ,JEEK, Duchene, Hartman, Severson, Burakovsky ,Nicushkin, Barbashev

JRs: Bourgault L. Cormier Lambos Olausson Zellweger

IR: Couturier/Ellis

The Great One

Default Re: Aho/Ullmark - Morrissey/Hyman

Hard pass.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Superstar

The other guy knows you have a problem and is trying to take advantage of it big time. Find another way.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Just kinda wondering why it’s such a hard pass consedering Hyman is attached to PP1 and McDavid and Morrissey is premieum as D are impossible to acquire. Aho just can’t seem to break PPG every year. Only thing i see is maybe Age difference as I think Aho is slightly overvalued

For comparison sake,

Hyman is at 307 fpts
    Aho is at 226 fpts
    Morrissey at 268 fpts
    Ullmark 236 fpts

Goalies rotate heavily year to year, strong in net with Saros and Vas, other goalies would be Husso and Bob.

My D is a mess with Ekblad struggling and Barrie traded

Fwds less of a gap when inserting someone else to replace Aho compared to D

Going for a 3 peat and really want it(1000$ on the line)

Dobber Sports Initiate

I think the trade as is; do not accept. Ullmark is 1 of the better goalies this season, plays on the NHL leading Bruins. You would be sending out one of the most sure thing goalies playing in the NHL this season. I want as close to a sure thing in a season when I would be potentially trying to win $1000.

Now if you can do Aho for Morrissey that would be good, or maybe a different GM has a Dmen to trade who offers decent pts and nice PIM coverage
    12 team Card Hockey League. Use stats from last NHL season ex: 2022-23 stats will be used for our 23-24 season cards
    Fwds: MacKinnon, Pastrnak, Rantanen, M Tkachuk Scheifele, Marchand, B Nelson, Stephenson, J Toews, R Thomas, Lundell, E Rodrigues, Sissons, Lowry, M Foligno, D Guenther, Mangiapane, Pacioretty, Huberdeau, Wheeler
    Dmen: Makar, D Toews, Dobson, Sergachev, S Jones, Graves, Carlo, Gudas, Byram, Girard, Thrun
    Goalies: Vanecek, Francouz, Samsonov

Dobber Sports Ace

No chance. In any sort of keeper format, you want to keep what the side you have.

The Great One

Morrisey’s value is inflated due to his high secondary assist rate. He’s been good. But not great. Hyman’s value is tied to his usage. It’s not the player. You’d be trading two very talented players who are near the top of the league at their position for two players who are pretty good but lucky. Hard pass.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett

IR:

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I don't mind it for this season and given your needs. But as TheDard says, Ullmark is the one piece that is bankable right now.

I'm more experienced in category leagues than FPTs though. Are you able to look at their weekly variations in FPTs? The season totals are interesting but I'd wanna know that I could rely on Hyman and Morrissey contributing at those rates every week.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley View Post
    I don't mind it for this season and given your needs. But as TheDard says, Ullmark is the one piece that is bankable right now.

I'm more experienced in category leagues than FPTs though. Are you able to look at their weekly variations in FPTs? The season totals are interesting but I'd wanna know that I could rely on Hyman and Morrissey contributing at those rates every week.
    It is a season long league and not head to head tho. I understand everyones hesitation with Ullmark but because of alternating starts with Swayman it hurts me a bit vs Bob who plays every game. Last 30 days both Bob and Husso have more fpts than Ullmark. Also year to year goalies have quite a high variance outside of a few select goalies. Goalie values in our league is quite low as well. I can have Morrissey for Aho straight up but I actually prefer the 2-2 as Hyman will help loss of Aho more than Ullmark would hurt losing. My bigger worry is if Morrissey has finally breaking out ou if its a 1 year flash in the pan.
    8 Team Keeper League
    Keep 35 at the end of the year+5 JR slots(can be kept for 3 yrs after draft or less than 10 NHL games)

Points(4) PIM(0.5) +\-(0.5) Wins(5) SO(5) GA(-0.5) Save(0.1)

Roster:
    17F
    8D
    3G
    12Farm
    5 JR spots

F: Landeskog Mackinnon Kaprizov Panarin Rantanen Bratt Buchnevich Hintz
    Kreider Svechnikov Marner T. Wilson Guentzel Rust Fiala Aho Meier

D: Carlson Toews Theodore Krug Klingberg Barrie Ekblad Weegar

G: Bobrovsky Saros Vasilevskiy

Farm: Hagel, Petersen, Yamamoto, R. Strome, Addison Bjorkstrand ,JEEK, Duchene, Hartman, Severson, Burakovsky ,Nicushkin, Barbashev

JRs: Bourgault L. Cormier Lambos Olausson Zellweger

IR: Couturier/Ellis

The Great One

You posted in the keeper league section of the forum. If this is strictly a one year league maybe it’s different. You also seem interested in convincing us it’s a good deal. If you think it is - go for it.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR:

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    You posted in the keeper league section of the forum. If this is strictly a one year league maybe it’s different. You also seem interested in convincing us it’s a good deal. If you think it is - go for it.

I assume it is a keeper league, just without any kind of weekly H2H playoff format? In which case, scratch what I said about banking on Ullmark's consistency week-in, week-out.

OGM's format does seem to heavily favor skaters who score over even elite goalies, so seems like a fair deal if the goal is to win this season. But I wouldn't count on Morrissey or Hyman doing this again next year...

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Given your season long fantasy points format and strength in net, I make this deal.

There are no playoffs, and you've banked a ton of elite Ullmark, which is not what you're getting from here out - good to very good, sure.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Ended up making the trade for a few reasons.

The difference in net between Ullmark and Bob ROS will be minimal and Bon might come up ahead due to playing every game and Ullmark every other game.

Hyman is having a better year than Aho so will be a wash ROS imo

Morrissey will help tremendously this year and will make my D more solid in future years

Landy has been on IR all year and can easily slot in next year and negate the Aho lost.

IÂ’m going for a 3 peat and have an influx of great fwd that i can deal with losing Aho.

WhatÂ’s the point of fantasy if not going for the win especially with 1000$ on the line.

Appreciate all the input yaÂ’ll

The Great One

Let us know if you win…
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR: