Thread: Looking for goalies

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Looking for goalies

Team in signature is no surprise looking as a lock for Bedard. Goaltending has been a hole for awhile as they're very hard to come by in my league. That being said what would the community say to a Hischier for Kakko and Hart deal? My thoughts are Hischier is behind Hughes and will remain that way for the foreseeable future he'll get his 60-70 for sure. Kakko is trending in the right direction and Hart is a young goalie that I can start to rebound with.
    12 team weekly head to head keeper
    Stats: G, A, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, +/-, PIM, W, S%, GAA, SO
    Keep 10 plus farm
    Set rosters Daily

C: Kuzy, DStrome, Hischier, Rossi
    LW: Ehlers, Perron, Mangiapane, Nyquist
    RW: Bratt, Caufield, Marchessault, Granlund
    D: Chychrun, Toews, Carlson, Slavin
    G: Hart, Kuemper, Lindgren

IR: Newhook, Sergachev

Minors: Tomasino, CPrimeau, Dorofeyev, Evans, Bedard, Kulich, Protas, Eklund, Neighbours, ABoqvist, Greig, Bourque, Benson, Samoskevich, Askarov, Spence, Soderstrom, Silvos, Jarventie, Bourgault, Simashev, Gajan, Olausson, Brisson, Reinbacher, Pinelli, CSavoie, Stankoven, Suzdalev

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Looking for goalies

Hell no.

Hischier is breaking out and is young enough to be a guy you want on a rebuilding team. NJD is going to be great, even without adding Meier. Kakko is on a nice streak right now but has proven nothing in his career so far and is one step away from a bust. If you're worried about Hischier behind Hughes, try Kakko behind the Rangers top six. At best, he turns into Hischier. No way he's a keeper in a keep 10. As for Hart, Philly is a disaster and will be for years. He's not a goalie to target. As a suggestion, try UPL, Knight (if someone is worried about him entering Player Assistance), Askarov or Walldstedt.

This is two pieces the OGM won't keep at the end of the year, for your keeper. Just...no
    Team 1:
    J Hughes, Cooley (r), Bratt, Laine, M Tkachuk, Necas, A Svechnikov, S Jarvis, M Michkov (r), W Johnston, Zegras, Giroux, Norris, Couturier, B Jenner, T Krug, Burns, M Weegar, Werenski, Sergachev, B Clarke (r), Theodore, Sorokin , Oettinger, Askarov (r), Ersson
    12 teams, No salary cap
    Keep 14 plus 4 rookies (under 150 GP) max 18 players
    Scoring: G (1), A (1), +/- (0.25), H (0.1), B(0.1), PIM (0.1), SOG (0.1), GWG (1), PPP (1), SHP (1),
    Goalies: W (2), SO (3), GA (-0.5), OTL (1), SV (0.1)

The Magnificent One

Those two should be able to land you better than Hart, who looks like he's on his way to being the next John Gibson
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Veteran

Agree with the above. There are several other young'ish goalies I'd rather roll the dice on who'd likely be Hirschier or maybe even less. For example, owners of Demko, Knight and Bennington likely aren't feeling all that cozy. And I'd also kick tires on guys like Thompson, UPL and Vejmelka over Hart. Reasonable minds can differ. But that's my two cents.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar//Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson(IR)/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand/Drouin
    D: Dobson/Trouba(IR)/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Martinez/Edvinsson/York/Gudas(IR)/Tanev
    G: Saros/Demko(IR)/Askarov/DeSmith

Dobber Sports Superstar

This is a not. Others have suggested some alternative options you should be looking at, I'd advise you follow that advice and park this deal.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Talks were very much in the starting phase and after this will probably die out. I was more interested in trying to get Kakko when I reached out to the other owner he is trying to expand it for Hischier to be involved. Currently Hart's not even on his roster so he'd have to make a trade to even have Hart. He's apparently looking at my lack of goalies and trying to exploit it. I've looked at the goalie market and currently the prices are all my 1st rounder this year which is all but a lock for Bedard at this point and not going to be moved. Thanks as always for the feedback all rep where I can.
    Keep 10 plus farm
    Set rosters Daily

Minors: Tomasino, CPrimeau, Dorofeyev, Evans, Bedard, Kulich, Protas, Eklund, Neighbours, ABoqvist, Greig, Bourque, Benson, Samoskevich, Askarov, Spence, Soderstrom, Silvos, Jarventie, Bourgault, Simashev, Gajan, Olausson, Brisson, Reinbacher, Pinelli, CSavoie, Stankoven, Suzdalev

That being said the Hart owner just approached me with Mintyukov and Kulick for Hart....thoughts or still to rich?
    Keep 10 plus farm
    Set rosters Daily

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by cappy76 View Post
    That being said the Hart owner just approached me with Mintyukov and Kulick for Hart....thoughts or still to rich?
    I am really high on both of those guys. I own them and wouldn't package them for Hart.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by cappy76 View Post
    The way I see your roster is that you have Vejmelka and that's it. Hart is a talented young goalie on a team run by a defensive coach with a generationally, possibly historically awful GM.

If you want to try and get Hart, you can offer one of those 2 prospects, and perhaps a 2nd rounder. That might get it done, and it fills a hole. You might find other options, but he does fit your timeline.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Yea I actually floated out there to him that I'd potentially move Kulich + my 2nd round pick before I saw the above post, also added that even that I felt was a pretty steep price to pay and wasn't sure I'd want to. My 2nd rounder will be either 12 or 13th overall this year.
    Keep 10 plus farm
    Set rosters Daily

Want to bring this back to the top have a deal on the table for Mintyukov and a 2nd round entry pick for Hart. Would you pull the trigger or still alot to pay for Hart. The other players that are being mentioned I've checked in on and they're just not available unless for massive overpayment.
    Keep 10 plus farm
    Set rosters Daily

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Personally, I'd do that, even though it's risky.

Hart is a NHL caliber starting goalie. The Flyers front office is not AHL caliber, so that's where the problem lies.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.