Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Rank These Top Players: Matthews, Marner, Bedard, Tkachuk, etc. - REP Given!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: Rank These Top Players: Matthews, Marner, Bedard, Tkachuk, etc. - REP Given!

When you have a chance to draft mcdavid with arguably bettwr sog and goal metrics you take it despite the infintesmally small "bust risk"- imho anyways. Put it this way his downside is that he's Austin marthews with a few extra years to build around. Their are many prominent pundits and analysts who agree this is the best prospect in the history of the sport...

Don't overthink this- let's get bedarded in here!

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Rank These Top Players: Matthews, Marner, Bedard, Tkachuk, etc. - REP Given!

Quote Originally Posted by PoolPartyPuljeejarvi View Post
    When you have a chance to draft mcdavid with arguably bettwr sog and goal metrics you take it despite the infintesmally small "bust risk"- imho anyways. Put it this way his downside is that he's Austin marthews with a few extra years to build around. Their are many prominent pundits and analysts who agree this is the best prospect in the history of the sport...

Don't overthink this- let's get bedarded in here!
    Good point! Alright, I'll move him high up the list. I pick 3rd-6th overall, so if he doesn't get taken in the top two by someone else then he'll be mine.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Nice- think you'll be happy with your choice!

Dobber Sports Pro

Nice- think you'll be happy with your choice!
    Thanks! Now my NEW dilemma is how I order the following: Barzal, DeBrincat, Hedman, Stamkos, Tavares, Chabot, Burns & Bobrovsky. How would you order those guys in a points only for next season?

Also, would you choose Saros over Point? or Levi or Lafreniere or Boqvist?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

For me, Saros is still a tier over Point, and even ahead of Aho. Positional scarcity is real, and Saros is a very good workhorse goalie.

I'd put Point ahead of that next group you have bolded in the post right before this.

Ranking the bolded: (W?) means I don't know if they have wing eligibility for you. (W!) means I expect them to get it.

F: Tavares (W?), Stamkos (W?), DeBrincat, Barzal(W!)

If Debrincat ends up elsewhere with a better role, he might move up.

D: Burns, Chabot, Hedman

This is tough. Burns has the safest role, the highest ceiling, but is also oldest by a lot. Chabot is youngest by far, but may or may not even be on a power play by middle of next year - he also may be running PP1. Hedman is a safe top pair guy who will get some PP time, but how much? I lean Burns here due to whomever you pick likely to be replaced as a keeper by other players with all your picks.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by Rockies & Hockeys View Post
    Thanks! Now my NEW dilemma is how I order the following: Barzal, DeBrincat, Hedman, Stamkos, Tavares, Chabot, Burns & Bobrovsky. How would you order those guys in a points only for next season?

I would definitely do lafreniere over boqvist but keep expectations on check- 60ish would be a great season next year for laf. Long term i think his upside is the same as it ever was. I think even a lot of guys who might otherwise advise dropping him would tell you to hold over boqvist. Its not that I hate boqvist or anything but I think lafreniere is the clear choice here.

Saros over point? Im not as confident- Nashville is on the verge of a soft rebuild at a minimum if not a hard one. I've been a Saros fan since before he was big but he remains an undersized goalie and its not uncommon for small goalies to burn out earlier. If your goalies are OK id vote to keep point actually. If you have no one else id keep saros still though.

I will say dropping Levi is hard. Hes likely a couple years out still but Buffalo is so stacked its crazy. When I see Levi is poised to be the next vasilevskiy thats no exagerration. Goalies are voodoo though so its a tough call. If you could find an attainable way to keep him id explore that. For example if you could shop Bob for a pick and keep Levi id be all over that. .

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by Rockies & Hockeys View Post

In a points only...

Barzal cause he's so talented
    Debrincat- loses a bit of value with no goal bonus but solid producer
    Hedman- this year was rough but scoring dmen are too important to drip
    Stamkos
    Tavares
    Burns
    Bob

So yea basically your order lol! If you could move Burns and or Bob for basically anything thats a free keep and then add Levi to your list of keepers thats my galaxy brain advice...

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Shopping Stamkos and Tavares now while they still have fairly strong value would be sneaky good too as long as the return is right. They're definitely not guys you want to give away for nothing but if you can add the right value nows the time...

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I would definitely do lafreniere over boqvist but keep expectations on check- 60ish would be a great season next year for laf. Long term i think his upside is the same as it ever was. I think even a lot of guys who might otherwise advise dropping him would tell you to hold over boqvist. Its not that I hate boqvist or anything but I think lafreniere is the clear choice here.

Saros over point? Im not as confident- Nashville is on the verge of a soft rebuild at a minimum if not a hard one. I've been a Saros fan since before he was big but he remains an undersized goalie and its not uncommon for small goalies to burn out earlier. If your goalies are OK id vote to keep point actually. If you have no one else id keep saros still though.

I will say dropping Levi is hard. Hes likely a couple years out still but Buffalo is so stacked its crazy. When I see Levi is poised to be the next vasilevskiy thats no exagerration. Goalies are voodoo though so its a tough call. If you could find an attainable way to keep him id explore that. For example if you could shop Bob for a pick and keep Levi id be all over that. .
    What you're missing is that these are potential draftees, not players he has. My big point regarding Saros is the dropoff to Bobrovsky is huge versus Point to say Stamkos & Tavares.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Pro

Thanks!
    1) Yeah, I think you may be right. Going forward I'll have a LOAD of really good forward keeper options, so picking Saros when I get the chance might be the right call.
    2) Our league only counts Forward as a position, so it doesn't matter if they're dual eligible or not.
    3) I just this morning turned Stutzle & Lafreniere (plus extras I wasn't keeping) into MacKinnon (final year of his contract for our league) and Nylander, so that makes me deeper at forward.
    4) We are weekly starts, not daily, so that probably increases my chances that I choose a workhorse goalie or really good defenceman over another good forward.

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    For me, Saros is still a tier over Point, and even ahead of Aho. Positional scarcity is real, and Saros is a very good workhorse goalie.

I'd put Point ahead of that next group you have bolded in the post right before this.

Ranking the bolded: (W?) means I don't know if they have wing eligibility for you. (W!) means I expect them to get it.

F: Tavares (W?), Stamkos (W?), DeBrincat, Barzal(W!)

If Debrincat ends up elsewhere with a better role, he might move up.

D: Burns, Chabot, Hedman

This is tough. Burns has the safest role, the highest ceiling, but is also oldest by a lot. Chabot is youngest by far, but may or may not even be on a power play by middle of next year - he also may be running PP1. Hedman is a safe top pair guy who will get some PP time, but how much? I lean Burns here due to whomever you pick likely to be replaced as a keeper by other players with all your picks.
    12 Team Keep 6: G/A:1 W/SO:2
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Schiefele
    LW - Draisaitl, Fiala, Meier
    RW - ​​Marner, Barzal, Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Morrissey, Dunn, Matheson
    G - Skinner
    B - Marchessault, Caufield, Teravainen, McCann, Montour, Jones, Saros

12 Team Keep 10 (& 5 Minors)
    : G/A/OTL:1 W:2 SO:3
    '24 Picks (16 Rounds) - 1,1,1,1,1,2,2,3,3,3,5,5,6,6
    F - ​McDavid, Rantanen, Point, Aho, Nylander, M. Tkachuk, Guentzel, MacKinnon, Pavelski, Duchene, Farabee, Henrique
    D - Bouchard, Dobson, Matheson, Andersson, Letang
    G - Vasilevskiy, Markstrom
    B - Joseph, Schenn, Nyqvist, Roslovic, Duclair, S. Jones, Korpisalo, Quick, Rittich
    M - Cooley, Michkov, Rossi, Hutson, Mateychuk

Dobber Sports Pro

Thanks!
    1) I just traded away Laffy & MacKinnon is taking his place, so that's a big upgrade for me. Will lose MacKinnon at the end of the season for nothing, but I'm making a push this year so it's worth it. Especially since Laffy almost for sure wouldn't have been a keeper for me at the end of next season anyways.
    2) It seems Saros vs. Point is my toughest decision now, haha.
    3) Dropping Levi if I need to is no big deal. There are lots of good prospects to be found on the waiver wire mid-season. Really the only way I'd keep him now is if I dropped Rossi as a minor to make room for him. Not sure I want to do that - thoughts? Or maybe Holtz?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    What you're missing is that these are potential draftees, not players he has. My big point regarding Saros is the dropoff to Bobrovsky is huge versus Point to say Stamkos & Tavares.
    Truth!