Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: NHL Trade Deadline 2023 Thread

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: NHL Trade Deadline 2023 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Habs fan - I expect decent picks for Drouin, Armia, Hoffman. I can see Drouin staying because he’s francophone and has been decent of late. I wish he would be traded but I feel like he won’t. Also take anything decent for either (but not both) of the goalies. Wideman if there’s a taker.
    Dadonov too.

I wouldn't mind Armia staying. And if they could start losing again that would be great!
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Stud

I'm not an oilers fan, and this isn't what they need to win a cup, but I really want them to find a way to get Erik karlsson. Imagine him, mcdavid and draisaitl on the ice together. Video game hockey. Would be a blast to watch.
    To me, that's the huge deadline deal I'm hoping for.

GET WELL SOON, DOBBER.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
    Dadonov too.

I wouldn't mind Armia staying. And if they could start losing again that would be great!
    Yes. Don’t think dadonov gets much interest/return though. I don’t want Armia to stay. He’s worth more gone.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Habs fan - I expect decent picks for Drouin, Armia, Hoffman. I can see Drouin staying because he’s francophone and has been decent of late. I wish he would be traded but I feel like he won’t. Also take anything decent for either (but not both) of the goalies. Wideman if there’s a taker.
    Hoffman is a liability defensively. Athanasiou would be cheaper to acquire - similar F & better wheels. Maybe a 4th?
    Drouin hasn't played more than half a season in four years. 0 goals in 31 games... that 5.5m cap will kill. again, maybe a 4th? Retaining half might get a 3rd. There's just many more better, cheaper options. My bet, he stays put.

I think the habs two best trade chips are Edmundson & Armia - Armia is a nice role player for the bottom six who's usually coveted at deadlines.
    I can see a 3 + a later pick middling prospect for him.
    Edmondson a 2nd & a second piece.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Titan

There's talks that Toews is suffering from the same immune response that held him out before?
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Hoffman is a liability defensively. Athanasiou would be cheaper to acquire - similar F & better wheels. Maybe a 4th?
    Drouin hasn't played more than half a season in four years. 0 goals in 31 games... that 5.5m cap will kill. again, maybe a 4th? Retaining half might get a 3rd. There's just many more better, cheaper options. My bet, he stays put.

I think the habs two best trade chips are Edmundson & Armia - Armia is a nice role player for the bottom six who's usually coveted at deadlines.
    I can see a 3 + a later pick middling prospect for him.
    Edmondson a 2nd & a second piece.
    Edmundson needs to get healthy before anyone is going to invest in him and so far this season, that hasn't been the case. Same can be said for Monahan.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Pagnotta and other reporters are hinting at changes coming for the Flames if things continue. In their last 20 they are 9-8-3, their stars aren't producing, goalies aren't producing, and talks about moving Weegar before his contract kicks in (and his NTC).

It might not be trades as they don't have many desirable assets, but changes could be happening. Something that could be coming is rumours of Lindholm, Tanev, Zadorov, and maybe Hanifin. Not saying they should make these moves, but we'll be able to know how bad it actually is if stuff starts swirling.

You also have Allan Walsh (Hube's agent) tweeting about "insanity is repeating the same thing expecting different results" and adding the flames Twitter account to the tweet. He's speaking for Hube 100%. That deal has aged like milk in the Florida sun.

Dobber Sports Deity

The way the deal has aged has more to do with Huberdeau himself and not as much about the Flames. If he expected to get paid like a star, then be a star. Be the guy that people follow, not the guy who's waiting for everyone else around him to pick up his play. Huberdeau needs to look in the mirror as far as his mediocrity has come about. Gaudreau and Tkachuk didnt have an issue performing there.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    The way the deal has aged has more to do with Huberdeau himself and not as much about the Flames. If he expected to get paid like a star, then be a star. Be the guy that people follow, not the guy who's waiting for everyone else around him to pick up his play. Huberdeau needs to look in the mirror as far as his mediocrity has come about. Gaudreau and Tkachuk didnt have an issue performing there.
    Oh 100%. I think with Hube he got used to Florida, but the second he switched teams he was unable to mesh with Sutter and shutdown completely.

I do think Sutter isn't coaching, he's implementing. Which a lot of coaches do. They have their way and do not adjust their coaching to the player. Then you have this instant where the coach has asked a player to change his play and he's shutting down.

But the situation in Calgary is bad, I can't imagine the media's take on that deal if it was made in a bigger market. His and Weegars,

Dobber Sports Immortal

Larkin and Bertuzzi stay put and Detroit trades for Chychrun and Timo on their way to a Stanley Cup.

That's all.

Dobber Sports Monster

Weekes suggesting Knights and Stars are two legit contenders for Kane. This lines up with what Friedman said on a podcast after the Tarasenko trade took NYR out of the running.

https://twitter.com/KevinWeekes/stat...38080146694146

EF also said to keep an eye on Edmonton with Kane during a broadcast tonight.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Monster

This has been a pretty exciting deadline. As per usual, I wonder how the deadline shows on Friday are going to pass the time...

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    This has been a pretty exciting deadline. As per usual, I wonder how the deadline shows on Friday are going to pass the time...
    I'm actually off Friday and was thinking it was a good day to be off. Now I'm not so sure. I can see a lot of reviews from the trades that have already happened as much as discussing the deals on that day.

Dobber Sports Deity

West coast teams standing around with their thumbs up their arses while trades going down.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    West coast teams standing around with their thumbs up their arses while trades going down.
    Seriously, what the **** is Holland doing?!? Wasting the prime years of McDavid/Draisaitl…

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper