Thread: Help with Dynasty Cap league trade!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Help with Dynasty Cap league trade!

Hey all,

Contending team in a 20 team full dynasty NHL cap league H2H G, A, PPP, SOG, Hits, BLKS
    PIM.

My John Carlson has been stashed away on IR and with the most recent Athletic update indicating he has checkups in both late February AND mid March it seems the best case to hope for is he is back for a championship week. And who knows how much of a role he will step into right away.

I have a chance to move him now for Vince Dunn, who has obviously never flashed the high end upside as Carlson, but does give me a healthy player with a somewhat similar CAT profile, and if his newfound production level DOES sustain it might even be a low key good gamble to get younger / keep the window open longer. Especially if his next contract comes in under Carlsons. Of course if Carlson has another 4 seasons of 70 pt play in him and Dunn regresses this won’t look great.

Can I get some help?? Desperate move or necessary decision?

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Help with Dynasty Cap league trade!

I think I'd keep Carlson here. I do like Dunn and the year he's having but he's also playing for his next contract. That's not to say he's not capable of keeping up this pace past this year, but I am always leary when guys have career years when playing for a contract. That should also be a concern of yours; Dunn's next contract.

If you're doing alright towards the playoffs, Carlson returning will be a big boost for you in the playoffs.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I think I'd keep Carlson here. I do like Dunn and the year he's having but he's also playing for his next contract. That's not to say he's not capable of keeping up this pace past this year, but I am always leary when guys have career years when playing for a contract. That should also be a concern of yours; Dunn's next contract.

If you're doing alright towards the playoffs, Carlson returning will be a big boost for you in the playoffs.
    Thanks axeman, I was assuming this would be the take. Just feels like a damned if I do damned if I don't vibe. Either I keep Carlson and he doesn't make it back, I am upset before then, or he is a non factor. And if I don't, then Dunn finishes the season with more of a whimper than a bang and Carlson is back to his usual self. Wish I had the assets to purchase another PP1 dman outright but I don't, and having Carlson or someone like him makes my team more of a favorite than legit contender. Sigh.

Dobber Sports Titan

I don't disagree with Axe. I am wondering if you have put Carlson out there to see what other options you have if you want to move him for a short-term filler. Is the Burns owner willing to sell maybe?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Wizard

i would try to target older but better D man...someone like Lateng...or maybe even Faulk with your set up...or Burns as mentioned above.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I agree to shop him, but I'd avoid Letang. He's been out a lot, but some of that was his dad's funeral.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Ya, roll up your sleeves and shop the hell out of Carlson. However, if that doesn't work out you really need to hope he gets back to help you in the playoffs. I highly doubt that when he does return he will be a non-factor. He either returns and does his thing, or he's on the shelf. Again, shop him hard, but don't get desperate and sell him way too low.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf