Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Jakob Chychrun Sweepstakes

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Chychrun healthy scratch

For fantasy purposes, Ill take anywhere he gets some PP1 time. Unfortunately, there is not many playoff teams that have that need at the moment. Only team I can see as a maybe is Seattle, Calgary or Washington who currently have injured or good but perhaps not great options.
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by kovalchuk17 View Post
    For fantasy purposes, I’ll take anywhere he gets some PP1 time. Unfortunately, there is not many playoff teams that have that need at the moment. Only team I can see as a maybe is Seattle, Calgary or Washington who currently have injured or good but perhaps not great options.
    Best place still in Arizona. Keller, Bedard,…
    1) 16 teams full keeper H2H. Start 9F, 4D, 1G, 2 Championships
    pts: (D : 7 pts G /5 pts A), (F : 5pts G /3 pts A), (G : 10 pts W / 5 pts SO), (D/F : 1 pt +/-, 0.5 pts PIM, 0.1 FOW, 0.2 Hits, 0.3 pts SOG, PP and SH).

Forward : Aho, Svechnikov, PLDubois, Giroux, Couture, Wheeler, Cozens, Karlsson, Vrana, Anderson,​Greenway,

Defenses : Dahlin, Fox, Doughty, Toews, , Slavin, Miller

Goalies : Oettinger, Vanecek, Bobrovsky

Prospects : Dostal, Schmid, Chinakhov, Bordeleau, Ostlund, Brindley, Gulyayev

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by berni67 View Post
    Best place still in Arizona. Keller, Bedard,…
    Not sure how you could argue the best place is Arizona. He shares PP time with Ghost since Ghost is one dimensional, and Arizona is near the bottom of the league in goals (2.6 goals/game).
    Let's say he goes to the 10th-best team for goals for per game... that would be 3.4 goals/game, which is 30% more goals per game.

Right now Chychrun is getting in on 29.3% of Arizona's goals (64 pt pace). Just by changing to the 10th-best team for goals and assuming he still averages around 23min TOI with 3min on the PP (reasonable assumption), he would be on pace for 82 points.

People underestimate how little Arizona scores, and how much of an affect that has on a players point production. Chychrun would literally put up 20 more points (in theory), just by going to a higher scoring team.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by silkysmooth View Post
    Not sure how you could argue the best place is Arizona. He shares PP time with Ghost since Ghost is one dimensional, and Arizona is near the bottom of the league in goals (2.6 goals/game).
    Let's say he goes to the 10th-best team for goals for per game... that would be 3.4 goals/game, which is 30% more goals per game.

Right now Chychrun is getting in on 29.3% of Arizona's goals (64 pt pace). Just by changing to the 10th-best team for goals and assuming he still averages around 23min TOI with 3min on the PP (reasonable assumption), he would be on pace for 82 points.

People underestimate how little Arizona scores, and how much of an affect that has on a players point production. Chychrun would literally put up 20 more points (in theory), just by going to a higher scoring team.
    The math adds up but the reality check fails miserably.

Dobber Sports Jedi

The most likely landing spot is LA.
    To lessen Doughty's minutes (even the fun one's) there could be a PP1 spot for him there.
    Just looking at some teams he's been linked to:

Boston - not so great an opportunity: McAvoy - but just last year he split with Gryz. And before that it was Krug's gig. Not so sure there's even a PP1 lock there.
    Toronto - Keefe has toyed with Sandin/Giordano on PP1 among others with Rielly in the line up. As well as 5F when Rielly was out. Easy slide in there.
    Washington - no Carlson - easy slide in. Carlson comes back, run 2 Dmen - they aren't deep offensively and you could easily argue he's one of the 5 best options - Kuznetsov, Oshie, Ovie - 2D.
    Minnesota - Addison - easy step in/upgrade
    Edmonton - they say all day, please PP1.

There's a lot better places for him to land than staying in Arizona. You pace for 64pts on THAT team... 'Hey Chych... here's the keys'
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Deity

Maybe this has been discussed already, and I simply can't remember (wouldn't surprise me in the slightest lately) but why exactly is Arizona trading Chychrun? He's young, a very good player and signed to a very good contract. Why exactly is Arizona even trading him?

As lucafen just said, he should want to stay in Arizona. Really makes you wonder why Arizona wants to trade him so bad seeing as he's a piece they should be building around, not trading away for more unknown draft picks and youth. Buyer beware if his owner doesn't want him?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

He requested a trade because he wants to win, and he won't be doing much of that if he stays in ARI. Even with Bedard...

Dobber Sports Titan

And Chychrun's salary jumps the next few yrs:
    2023-24: $5.4m MNTC
    2024-25: $7m MNTC

10 Team No Trade List.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

Interesting. This has been going on for so long I dont remember him requesting a trade.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Ya the official request was September, and there was "is there a trade close?" since October lol.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Interesting. This has been going on for so long I dont remember him requesting a trade.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Ya the official request was September, and there was "is there a trade close?" since October lol.
    Yeah it's felt like forever... was it September of this year or last? lol

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by saucelife90 View Post
    Yeah it's felt like forever... was it September of this year or last? lol
    Well LAK were trying to get Chychrun last yr with their 1st that they sent to the Wild for Fiala, so I'm sure the "non-public trade request" was asked yrs ago lol.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Arz. doesn't seem to want any remnants of Chayka on that roster. I think Keller might be the only exception.
    I mean, rumours swirling they could trade Vejmelka - whom they found seemingly out of thin air.

There's 'scorched earth' rebuilds and then there's 'napalm death' rebuilds
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Monster

Based on Friedman's past few hits and columns, CBJ is a factor in the Chychrun sweepstakes. But AZ has told him he will only go somewhere he wants to go (despite not having any no-trade protection right now), and he is not eager to play for Columbus so he will need to be convinced of it. EF seemed to imply that one of the reasons Gavrikov is being held out is because he could be traded for assets that are then flipped to AZ for Chychrun.

I recall reading that CBJ was a player for Chychrun at last year's trade deadline too, even though they were out of it then as well.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Veteran

Per Renaud Lavoie, TVA Sport, Chychrun could be injured. I translated a part of the article.

Also according to Lavoie, individuals behind the scenes of the circuit believe that Chychrun is in fact injured.

“What circulates as information is that he is injured. This would mean that we are not telling the truth about the reason for his absence. I can tell you that, among several leaders of the National Hockey League, there are a lot of people who watch this and say to themselves: "It's not kosher what's going on with you." On the Coyotes side, my good friend Elliotte Friedman has already been told that it is not true, that if he is injured, it is minor. But I think the famous phrase "there's no smoke without fire" applies here.

It makes you wonder if the NHL will have to investigate the case, because teams could abuse the pretext of a possible trade to leave out a player without disclosing an injury that would lower his value on the market.

"If you're going to trade it in 24-28 hours, no problem with that," said Lavoie. But here, that is not the case at all. That's misinformation and that's not correct."
    1) 16 teams full keeper H2H. Start 9F, 4D, 1G, 2 Championships
    pts: (D : 7 pts G /5 pts A), (F : 5pts G /3 pts A), (G : 10 pts W / 5 pts SO), (D/F : 1 pt +/-, 0.5 pts PIM, 0.1 FOW, 0.2 Hits, 0.3 pts SOG, PP and SH).

Forward : Aho, Svechnikov, PLDubois, Giroux, Couture, Wheeler, Cozens, Karlsson, Vrana, Anderson,​Greenway,

Defenses : Dahlin, Fox, Doughty, Toews, , Slavin, Miller

Goalies : Oettinger, Vanecek, Bobrovsky

Prospects : Dostal, Schmid, Chinakhov, Bordeleau, Ostlund, Brindley, Gulyayev