Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Jakob Chychrun Sweepstakes

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Chychrun healthy scratch

I can't believe the NHLPA still allows teams to do this. It's ridiculous. Either trade him or play him.

Dobber Sports Sage

He still gets paid.
    He may not even care.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Monster

Listened to podcasts of Chris Johnston and Elliotte Friedman today and both said a deal is not close.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post
    I'm thinking it's a bit of both. PHX picking up too many inconvenient points lately...
    Clearly they need to deal Vejmelka to stop that.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    Listened to podcasts of Chris Johnston and Elliotte Friedman today and both said a deal is not close.
    Like I said before, could be bluff from Arizona to increase the return…seems it doesn’t work.
    1) 16 teams full keeper H2H. Start 9F, 4D, 1G, 2 Championships
    pts: (D : 7 pts G /5 pts A), (F : 5pts G /3 pts A), (G : 10 pts W / 5 pts SO), (D/F : 1 pt +/-, 0.5 pts PIM, 0.1 FOW, 0.2 Hits, 0.3 pts SOG, PP and SH).

Forward : Aho, Svechnikov, PLDubois, Giroux, Couture, Wheeler, Cozens, Karlsson, Vrana, Anderson,​Greenway,

Defenses : Dahlin, Fox, Doughty, Toews, , Slavin, Miller

Goalies : Oettinger, Vanecek, Bobrovsky

Prospects : Dostal, Schmid, Chinakhov, Bordeleau, Ostlund, Brindley, Gulyayev

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    I can't believe the NHLPA still allows teams to do this. It's ridiculous. Either trade him or play him.
    For a player who has asked for a trade pretty publicly, I think he's ok with it. He's built his value back up to the point where multiple teams want him, no need to get hurt in the final 10games before the trade deadline to have him stay in Arizona any longer.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    I agree. This also has an effect on teams competing for playoff spots. If Arizona is sitting one of their better players, this could affect game outcomes and playoff races. Ridiculous. If you dont have a trade in place, he should be playing.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    For a player who has asked for a trade pretty publicly, I think he's ok with it. He's built his value back up to the point where multiple teams want him, no need to get hurt in the final 10games before the trade deadline to have him stay in Arizona any longer.
    i wonder if he went to the GM and said im done, i played my last game here....that could also force their hand to do this...i honestly think he has been very good about this. He told them long ago, i think we found out over a year ago and im sure he told them privately much earlier than that. He has been very patient and didnt do anything to hurt him self or a team but maybe he had enough...and i could not blame him if he has...that organization never seams to get things right...
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I agree. This also has an effect on teams competing for playoff spots. If Arizona is sitting one of their better players, this could affect game outcomes and playoff races. Ridiculous. If you dont have a trade in place, he should be playing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    i wonder if he went to the GM and said im done, i played my last game here....that could also force their hand to do this...i honestly think he has been very good about this. He told them long ago, i think we found out over a year ago and im sure he told them privately much earlier than that. He has been very patient and didnt do anything to hurt him self or a team but maybe he had enough...and i could not blame him if he has...that organization never seams to get things right...
    I get both sides. But I feel like the Coyotes tried to show the league it's because of a trade and players have been held out 2 games because of the same situation in the past. IF this continues for 4games the league might start getting upset over it, but it's not like the league has a "you must roster a competitive team" rule like the NBA introduced.

I can't see anything happening this yr if it prolongs, but maybe there's a rule introduced in the future. "Can't sit due to trade" and the team has to play a man down, or have Chychrun ride the bench all game.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Surprised the Kings don't try to land Chychrun and Vejmelka. That would be a sweet haul
    30 team league, DYNASTY
    Hartford Whalers

GO CANES

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by beyondthewall19 View Post
    Surprised the Kings don't try to land Chychrun and Vejmelka. That would be a sweet haul
    I dont think they will go after Vejmelka. Even if they send Petersen back as part of the trade, Copley has played well enough to get a new contract and will be sharing the net with Quick, more often than not playing over Quick. Quick isn't going anywhere this year.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

At what point do other teams start getting upset that Arizona (and CBJ) are sitting top players for multiple games in a way to protect and asset and tank?

Also, EF alluded to Chychrun might have slightly tweeked something, but not to the point where he can't play, and it freaked them the f out.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    At what point do other teams start getting upset that Arizona (and CBJ) are sitting top players for multiple games in a way to protect and asset and tank?

Also, EF alluded to Chychrun might have slightly tweeked something, but not to the point where he can't play, and it freaked them the f out.
    They're not?
    The teams chasing those assets are happy they're protected from injury. With Chych's injury history. LA, Bos, whoever is kicking tires is glad he won't be lost for 20 games
    The other teams sit back and watch Arz. knock off another top 10 team.
    47 save shutout vs. TB - if they were losing every game 6-1...then I think other teams might care.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

The Great One

I really hope its not LA lol! I'm a clarke and Petersen owner and if they add chychru and/or vaj thats not great news for either guy lol!

Boston akes sense and he suits there style.

I think Toronto adds a forward personally- as a eafs fan I think they could do worse than adding chych though.

Here's a lsurprise left turn... how about the Jets???

They're contending but don't really seem to get mentioned in ay real rumors lol! When you breakdown their needs they could use a top six wing or a third line C like Toews or ROR to add some punch with Wheeler to the third line but realistically adding a D would go a lot further I think.

Stylistically I think he would mesh very well with Morrissey who is undersized, fast and defers to playmaker. His size, physical game and big slapper kind of fills in those holes perfectly. He pushes one of their fringe guys to the third pair where they belong. He has the offensive jam to contribute but the defensive chops to support hellboys current bid for the vexing. Its kind of a match made in heaven for a tea that doesn't get a lot of press.

Gugs like Lucia's and Heinous have value but are not necessarily integral parts of their future. Lambert might even benefit from Arizonas knack for developing guys the long way. No team wants to move a first (or two) but they own them if they wanted to go this route lol!

I'm no cap expert but Chychrun seems very manageable and jets have 7 plus million open and will be at around 10 by the deadline. It could work!!

Honestly its hard to think of a better fit imho. I live in the peg and although the winters suck its a great hockey town. The core here is relatively young while perfetti and Lucius bring even more reasons for optimism. Chychrun and ROR would make them a favorite in their conference I think- top 4 anyways...

Dobber Sports Wizard

i think only way this works is if player is on board...if players were upset about this it would be different story imo...

we havent seem much of this in the past..im not sure i ever remember one where player does not get traded within day or 2...i hope its not a trend that will develop
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones