Page 4 of 46 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 DobberBaseball League

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: 2023 DobberBaseball League

Quote Originally Posted by senryu View Post
    Hide the women and children, I'm in it to finish in the middle!
    Invite has been sent!

Dobber Sports Immortal

Update from Yahoo on Message Board:

Fantasy league message boards are not going to be available for the current season however you can still access historical message board posts through your fantasy profile. You can continue to communicate with your league via Fantasy Chat, email and commissioner notes. Moving forward we are investing in chat as the best place for league communication and will be adding threading, pinning, polls and more. We welcome your feedback about how your league used message boards.

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by senryu View Post
    Hide the women and children, I'm in it to finish in the middle!
    Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Update from Yahoo on Message Board:
    Probably best to keep discussions on here as the chat is a bit chaotic with managers' add/drops mixed in, unless we need private messages on occasion but not sure how many people get notifications.

Are we locking in the current 10 managers?

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Welcome!

Probably best to keep discussions on here as the chat is a bit chaotic with managers' add/drops mixed in, unless we need private messages on occasion but not sure how many people get notifications.

Are we locking in the current 10 managers?
    Yes definitely agree. I just liked the message board for rules and polling. But oh well.

Yes I have finalized teams.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Maybe I will make a poll on here for season length.

I scanned the League board and didn't see any other complaints or requested changes to format.

Dobber Sports Titan

Draft has always been 25 rounds for us, which gives an uneven number for snake drafts. No one really cares, but it comes up every year.

We can make sure we set the trade deadline, playoff weeks, etc

Waivers I think we're fine we the existing but we could discuss FAAB.

Innings minimums and the number of IR slots always seem to come up at some point as well. Not sure if those are worth changing or at least looking into.

For my two cents, I don't need any changes and am not pushing for any, but I am also fine if we do change those things, within reason.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Titan

Ya the snake/odd rounds is something I've always noticed after the start, but it's also something where it doesn't really matter to me since it's like 250s players lol.

I wouldn't be opposed to making the league a month shorter

Waivers/FAAB - I've done FAAB once in football and messed up royally. So I never touched it again lol. I'll go with the flow on this one.

IP/IR - I don't mind the IP, I have gone higher in other leagues but it is what it is for me. IR, I think we have 4IL, and I think that's fine. But I also don't remember if it was too much or too little.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Immortal

The snake/odd rounds is just we'd want it ending with the 10th team right?

Dobber Sports Immortal

And also how would FAAB work for baseball? I love it for NFL but it works with the mid week lull in games.

I guess we have waivers right now so it would just be a FAAB bid if you wanted to claim someone off waivers?

I can't see it coming into play very often....

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Draft has always been 25 rounds for us, which gives an uneven number for snake drafts. No one really cares, but it comes up every year.

We can make sure we set the trade deadline, playoff weeks, etc

Waivers I think we're fine we the existing but we could discuss FAAB.

Innings minimums and the number of IR slots always seem to come up at some point as well. Not sure if those are worth changing or at least looking into.

For my two cents, I don't need any changes and am not pushing for any, but I am also fine if we do change those things, within reason.
    Like EB, I don't have strong views but here are my initial thoughts:

- To ensure it finishes on a complete snake, we could add more round so the first team gets the last pick. My suggestion on roster - add one more pitcher slot as it's currently 11 x 8 in favour of hitters, so this balances it out a bit more. We have 6 bench already, no need for more than that.

- I'm ok with our current waiver system, but not sure how we'd do FAAB with daily moves/lineups. Does that just cause more work/effort in making claims because you may need to create more of them? I've only done FAAB weekly.

- Haven't noticed if the IP minimum causes an issue but if we're adding a pitcher slot then maybe increase slightly? But no strong opinion either way.

- IL slots are fine IMO.

- Trade deadline I'm easy as I don't pay attention to the real MLB trade deadline. Maybe make it a few days after the real one if that's possible?

- Playoffs: I understand it's a long season but don't want it to finish too early either. Maybe look at it from a scheduling point of view, so that there's an even number of regular season matchups? Last year we had 20 regular season weeks, which had 2 extra weeks playing a team for the third time. If we want to shorten it a bit, we could do 18 weeks so that's 2 matchups against everyone and the playoffs end 2 weeks earlier than last year. Thoughts?

Dobber Sports Immortal

^^^Schedule / playoffs idea of 18 weeks. Almost makes too much sense doesn't it?

Dobber Sports Titan

I like the schedule, and I think that makes a trade deadline for us around the first week of August (after the MLB Jul 31st deadline).

Happy with 26 rounds and adding a P slot. IP limit then from 32-35/week (pretty sure it was 32 last year).

Sounds like no interest in the FAAB waivers, and IL slots are probably fine at four.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Titan

IL rules:
    So in 2021 they adjusted the rules because of COVID, but then in 2022 they re-adjusted the rules to what they wanted in 2020 (before COVID).

Pitchers (And 2 way players) have to go on the IL for 15 days MINIMUM. Position players is 10 days MINIMUM. This is to get away from teams putting a pitcher on IL and them missing like 1 or 2 starts.

So with that, do we remember our league having issues with IL guys? I think it's just a problem if you need to stash a top player on IL for multiple months, and that's just for maybe 2 managers.

I think 4IL is good, especially with adding a roster spot. But it is just something to look out for when managing your teams rosters
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

The Wolverine

Looking at the schedule/playoffs again, I checked the current setup and we have a 21-week regular season, with the playoffs running from September 4th to the 24th. If we were to change it to an 18-week regular season, it would start on August 14th and end on September 3rd. Does everyone want this?

Dobber Sports Titan

Any option to have a two-week final?