Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kaliyev or L. Reichel?

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Kaliyev or L. Reichel?

Who’s a better guy to own long term in a points only?
    12 teams. Keep 9 any position.
    7 prospects. D scoring 3.75 for goal, 2.75 for assist. Forwards 3.5 for goal, 2.5 for assist. 0.5 for hits and blocks. Goalie scoring -1.5 GA, 0.3 for save, 2 points for win and extra 2 for shutout.

​Pre Draft

F: Keller, Zegras, Suzuki, Caufield, Cozens

D:​ Drysdale, Guhle, Perunovich

G:

IR:

Prospects: W. Johnston, K. Johnson, Guenther, Morrow, Mateychuk

The Great One

Default Re: Kaliyev or L. Reichel?

Kaliyev easily for me.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

The Great One

And I’m basing that mainly on situation. They both may end up being good producers at the NHL level. I just think Kaliyev is a talented goal scorer who has a really nice group of prospects to come up with in LA. Not so much in Chicago.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett

IR:

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    And I’m basing that mainly on situation. They both may end up being good producers at the NHL level. I just think Kaliyev is a talented goal scorer who has a really nice group of prospects to come up with in LA. Not so much in Chicago.
    Chicago is a draft lottery away from that flipping and Reichel getting to ride with Bedard, but the odds are against that.

I like both prospects as potential stars.

Kaliyev has the look of a power play demon. Booming shot threat but also the ability to dance and setup others. He's the guy you run your PP through. I'm amazed the Kings haven't handed him the reigns yet. But perhaps they are hoping for his 5-on-5 game to take off first. He scored at a really high level as a teen in the AHL. It hasn't translated yet but I'm pretty confident that it will.

Reichel has the look of one of those zone entry machines that makes him a go-to in all situations and his production as a teenager in the AHL is astounding. If Chicago weren't tanking he'd be one of the top rookies in the NHL right now.

I lean Reichel as a higher upside engine of offense kind of player that will translate to any situation. Kaliyev's going to need others to get him setup in the o-zone and a coach willing to live with him not being a complete package.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

The Great One

I like kaliyev here- although I just read that weird rumor that he's actually 2 or 2 years older than he thinks he is?? Lol its weird...

Dobber Sports Icon

Reichel as he will get prime scoring ice time where as Kaliyev will likely not crack PP1 any time soon.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    Reichel as he will get prime scoring ice time where as Kaliyev will likely not crack PP1 any time soon.
    Long term? Kaliyev is in the league. Reichel isn’t. Chicago is in full tank mode right now. He’ll be good but your post makes it sound like even short term Reichel is better. I don’t think that’s correct.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR:

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I own both and am more excited about Reichel's potential as a play-driver, passer AND scorer, to be honest. However, Kaliev should wrack up solid goal, shot and PPP totals for many years.
    12 team dynasty, H2H points, no cap, no max games
    12F (4 slots per pos), 6D, 2G, 32 players + 21 minor slots, minors eligibility <80 GP
    G: 4 / A: 2 / / Blk, Hit, SOG: 0.5 / Goalie W: 3 / Shutout: 1 / STP: 1 / SV% >.92: 1 / SV: 0.25

C: Eichel, Trochek, Barzal, Suzuki,
    W: Draisaitl, Ehlers, Dubois, Buchnevich, Necas, Debrusk, McCann, Jarvis
    D: Hughes, Morissey, Chychrun, Bouchard, Pionk, Parayko, McNabb
    G: Ullmark, Hart, Grubauer, Korpisalo

Prospects:
    Knies, Reichel, Kemell, Robertson
    Sandstrom

Dobber Sports Icon

Long term? Kaliyev is in the league. Reichel isn’t. Chicago is in full tank mode right now. He’ll be good but your post makes it sound like even short term Reichel is better. I don’t think that’s correct.
    Yet Reichel still has more NHL points than Kaliyev over the past 2 months. The Blackhawks will have to call someone up if they make any trades before the trade deadline. Reichel will likely be one of them.

Dobber Sports Wizard

100 % agree with this...i think Reichel will be very special...i like Kailyev a lot but i think he is more of a complementary piece on a very good team...
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Superstar

Long term I'm also liking Reichel there. Kailyev has a head start and I think he might be the better own for a year or two, but it could still be fairly close. Once the Blackhawks start getting back on track and Reichel gets fully NHL acclimatized I think Reichel is going to be the better own by a significant margin. It might be a wait though.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba55 View Post
    Long term I'm also liking Reichel there. Kailyev has a head start and I think he might be the better own for a year or two, but it could still be fairly close. Once the Blackhawks start getting back on track and Reichel gets fully NHL acclimatized I think Reichel is going to be the better own by a significant margin. It might be a wait though.
    yeah , i think it all depends on the plan by Blackhawks...i think once he is full time NHLer he will already be very close at least...he will be one of main guys where Kaliyev is one of the guys down the line up...

Question is what is the plan in Chicago...are we tearing down this year and playing youngsters starting 23/24 or do we have another year of tanking...i think if they tank another year, Reichel plays most of next year in AHL again...time will tell
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

The Great One

Yet Reichel still has more NHL points than Kaliyev over the past 2 months. The Blackhawks will have to call someone up if they make any trades before the trade deadline. Reichel will likely be one of them.
    Useful info. Kaliyev has 2 and Reichel 3. And Kaliyev hasn’t played since Dec 20th. I do know Dobbers prospect pages has Kalivey at a 9.5 for making the NHL and an 8.3 fantasy upside. Reichel is at a 6.5 and 7.5 respectively.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR:

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Useful info. Kaliyev has 2 and Reichel 3. And Kaliyev hasn’t played since Dec 20th. I do know Dobbers prospect pages has Kalivey at a 9.5 for making the NHL and an 8.3 fantasy upside. Reichel is at a 6.5 and 7.5 respectively.
    I would like more info on why Reichel has such a low prospect ranking by Dobber. Reichel has done very well in the AHL as a teenager so I would have thought both his likelihood of making the NHL and his upside would be higher than 6.5 and 7.5, respectively.

The Great One

Well his overall review says

An offensive winger with great hockey sense, very good skating ability, good skills, good effort level, and decent size. Top-six upside. Not overly flashy but very efficient.
    His most recent update in October
    Reichel has been assigned to the Rockford Icehogs for further development. Although it was expected by many, including Reichel, that he would start the season off with the Blackhawks, management saw otherwise. In all fairness to Reichel, he spent most of training camp and the preseason playing with Kurashev, Katchouk, and Sikura as opposed to Kane and Toews. Sending Reichel to the Icehogs will give him more time to solidify his overall game and confidence.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR: