Thread: Who would you choose

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Who would you choose

Got a question for you guys… in a point only keeper I’m hesitating between andrei Kuzmenko or Brandon Hagel for years to come …thanks

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Who would you choose

close but i’d go kuzmenko in points only

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Wizard

i dont think it will be very close for years to come at all....its Kuzmenko imo

there is outside possibility that Hagel is for real and he is around his BT but still i just think Kuzmenko is way more talented offensively....
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports All-Star

I also prefer Kuz.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Pro

Kuzmenko for me too. Hagel is in a perfect spot. I don’t think he can do better than what we see right now. I think Kuzmenko have a higher ceiling.
    League 1
    10 team, Dynasty, points only, 30 players, keep20 starts 12 F, 6 D, 2G , unlimited prospects(can keep them max 5 years)
    F: Mackinnon,Marner, Panarin, Eichel, Fiala, Hughes, Svechnikov, Robertson, Bratt, Kuznetsov, Hischier, B.Tkachuk, M.Tkachuk, Scheifele, Wheeler, Jenner, Drouin, Tatar, Colton
    D:Hughes, Hamilton, Karlsson, Dunn, Burns, Theodore, Slavin, Trouba G: Shesterkin, Binnington, Vanecek
    League2
    Cap league (82.5M with AAV), points only, 12 teams, keep 7, (9F, 4D, 2G)
    F: Hughes, Zuccarello,RNH, Marchessault, Scheifele, Toffoli, O’Reilly, Trocheck, Buchnevich extra: Marchenko
    D: Makar, Dahlin, Seider, Andersson
    G: Hellebuyck, Talbot

The Great One

Kuzmenko- even if the naysayers are right and hes due for a market correction (and im not sure he is as he will likely add more assists anyways as his shooting percentage stabilizes)- but even so thats a 65-70 point asset in year 1 of his nhl career and thats IF you're a skeptic. If you believe he can maintain or supercede his current pace he looks like a 75-85 point asset in year one. AND hes establishing legit chemistry with one of the leagues brightest young centers on a team he just extended with lol!

Hagel will be lucky if he hits 70 even once in his career.

In a one year its kind of close (maybe?) But in any keeper format kuzmenko gets a pretty significant edge...

Dobber Sports Superstar

I'm in the Kuzmenko camp as well. Hagel is taking advantage of golden opportunity and responding well but I just don't think in the long run he has the offensive tool kit that Kuzmenko does.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

The Great One

Some food for thought. Kuzmenko has 20 goals, TEN of which are from tip ins. Let's take a look at the last three forwards who had double digit totals in tip ins:

Chris Kreider in 2021-22, when his scoring rate was 78 points. So far in 2022-23, his scoring rate is 55.
    David Backes in 2014-15, when his scoring rate was 59, after which his high in all his remaining seasons was 47.
    Ryan Callahan in 2011-12, when his scoring rate was 58 points at age 25, which he never topped again in his career.

That, plus a mere 37 SOG in his last 28 games for Kuzmenko, after 35 in his first 12 games.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Hagel is 24 and Kuzmenko is 27. I do not see a ceiling for Kuzmenko higher than this season. Having said that I don’t know if Hagel has another gear or not but he is approaching his BT and he’s at the age where guys breakout. I think both are taking advantage of good opportunities and both are talented so it’s a matter of who you think will do better. I think Kuzmenko is at his ceiling. If Hagel has another gear or can do what he’s doing without Kuch then Hagel is the clear choice. But we won’t know the future until well the future lol. I personally would keep Hagel. Age and situation. Yes maybe his numbers are inflated but if he stays with Tampa getting top minutes I’d want Hagel.