Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Chychrun on the move?

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Chychrun on the move?

it’s looking like Chychrun on the move, he removed any mention of the Coyotes from his Instagram bio.

I think most obvious landing spot is Edmonton - they need to make a move to improve that lineup and give them better shot at playoff success and Chychrun fits the bill. Bob Stauffer, Oilers voice, who had previously dismissed any such notion, has recently changed his tune somewhat. But I believe Boston and even Toronto may be in the mix.

As an owner I’d love to see him in Edmonton - only concern is PP1 time is in jeopardy as Barrie is there (for now, not for much longer) and Bouchard is waiting in the wings. But he’ll see tons of minutes along with Nurse.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

The Great One

Default Re: Chychrun on the move?

He’s not what Edmonton needs. And he’ll hamstring the cap unless Arizona is taking on a several bad contracts. And they’ll be sending a 1st. Edmonton just doesn’t make sense. So it’ll probably happen. Carolina, Florida, or Seattle. Those are my guesses.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    He’s not what Edmonton needs. And he’ll hamstring the cap unless Arizona is taking on a several bad contracts. And they’ll be sending a 1st. Edmonton just doesn’t make sense. So it’ll probably happen. Carolina, Florida, or Seattle. Those are my guesses.
    Hamstring the cap? He makes $4.6m… plus Puljujarvi probably going the other way so dollars out. I think the idea is they’d also get Bjugstad who would be a great add.

I know the narrative has been that the Oilers don’t need another offensive-minded defenseman, and rather should go for a stay at home type like Edmundson or Gavrikov. But Chychrun is not a one-dimensional offense-only defenseman, he has some solid D chops as well, and plays a gritty style of game that the Oilers need.

As for your other guesses, I think the Canes makes sense, maybe Seattle too. But not Florida - for sure they could use him but they don’t have the picks or prospects to get it done. Amazing how they took an awesome collection of prospects and now the cupboard is bare.
    We’ll see!

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Dobber Sports Deity

To be honest, when he's healthy, hes exactly what they need. A left handed Dman who has excellent exit rates from his own zone and excellent entry rates into the opponent zones. Basically, he's good at retrieving the puck coming in and good at getting it out. Most of the Oilers D have struggled with those parts of the game this year as shown by the eye but also by the advanced stats.

My fear with Chychrun is the cost and if he can stay healthy for the price.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sage

I was thinking on Pittsburgh
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    To be honest, when he's healthy, hes exactly what they need. A left handed Dman who has excellent exit rates from his own zone and excellent entry rates into the opponent zones. Basically, he's good at retrieving the puck coming in and good at getting it out. Most of the Oilers D have struggled with those parts of the game this year as shown by the eye but also by the advanced stats.

My fear with Chychrun is the cost and if he can stay healthy for the price.
    The guys from the PDO Podcast were talking how the narrative that Edmonton needs the SAH dman is wrong and that they need someone who can move the puck. I don't watch Edmonton so I don't have an opinion about it but their viewpoint made a lot of sense. They supported getting Chuchrun.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Initiate

If EDM trade for chychrun do you think Bouchard is going the other way?
    31 TEAMS keep all multi-cat (lot of them) dynasty
    Offensive stats : Goals, Assist , PPP, PPTOI, SOG...
    Defensive stats : PKTOI, BLKS, TakeAway, Giveaway...
    (basically best NHL player)

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by PicklePickle View Post
    If EDM trade for chychrun do you think Bouchard is going the other way?
    Nope. They need puck movers and Bouchard is one of the few they have. That would be like paying Peter to get Paul.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    The guys from the PDO Podcast were talking how the narrative that Edmonton needs the SAH dman is wrong and that they need someone who can move the puck. I don't watch Edmonton so I don't have an opinion about it but their viewpoint made a lot of sense. They supported getting Chuchrun.
    It's not a question if Chychrun is the right guy Edmonton needs, because he is. The problem is the price Arizona has on him. I don't blame them for asking for the moon for the guy because when he's healthy, he's excellent and on a great contract with term. I also understand why no one has acquired him yet and it comes to the fear of his inability to stay healthy. He's of no use to anyone if he's sitting in the stands watching with another injury.

The Great One

Chychrun is not a puck mover. I’d like to see the controlled entry and exit data you cite Axe because I believe he’s known for being pretty average in those respects. He’s a good skater and has a great shot. He’s Barrie. He’s not what the Oilers need.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett

IR:

Dobber Sports Deity

Chychrun is not a puck mover. I’d like to see the controlled entry and exit data you cite Axe because I believe he’s known for being pretty average in those respects. He’s a good skater and has a great shot. He’s Barrie. He’s not what the Oilers need.
    Read away.

https://oilersnation.com/news/jakob-...-trade-targets

Also, if you read the articles from NHL_Sid on this site, he also lays out why guys like Edmundson and Gavrikov aren't great investments for the Oilers. He's my favorite writer on this site. Extremely knowledgeable and backs it up with data, not just opinion.

Dobber Sports Master

Bolduc pulled from AHL all star game availability.

He looked good in the few games he played recently, maybe a piece towards Chychrun deal if Lou is going all in

Dobber Sports Icon

He’s Barrie.
    Wow, I could not disagree more. Chychrun is a way way better NHL defenseman than Barrie. Even with less than stellar controlled exit/entry metrics.

The Great One

He isn’t. Even the the article Axe posted shows Edmonton is trying to convince itself they need him. His entries are good (good skater), his exits aren’t (below average passer). He is a good puck retriever but that’s about it in his own zone. Overall he’s own zone neutral or a slight liability. He’s got a great shot. I would agree he’d make the Oilers better. But not that much and certainly not worth the price they’d have to pay. Its not a good fit.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR:

Dobber Sports Deity

He isn’t. Even the the article Axe posted shows Edmonton is trying to convince itself they need him. His entries are good (good skater), his exits aren’t (below average passer). He is a good puck retriever but that’s about it in his own zone. Overall he’s own zone neutral or a slight liability. He’s got a great shot. I would agree he’d make the Oilers better. But not that much and certainly not worth the price they’d have to pay. Its not a good fit.
    You forgot to mention his exceptional skating and puck moving abilities. Quote from the article.