Thread: Call me crazy kind of question - Will REP

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Call me crazy kind of question - Will REP

As the title says this is a bit of an out there idea I would like to get opinions on.

Reasoning: 14 team league so goalies are scarce but am sitting in 2nd place and it would take a huge flop for me to miss the playoffs.

If you were looking to take a long shot on a goalie, who is NA and would be taking up one of 4 bench spots, which would it be and why? I will include my reason for their inclusion...

A. Schmid - Blackwood has not been very good, VV definitely holds the crease but maybe they try to move Blackwood?
    C. Petersen - Copley is still playing well but has looked a little shakier as of late and I still feel Cal is their guy going forward.
    P. Kochetkov - Freddy and Raanta are both injury prone and anyone in net for CAR is gold.

Or would it be better to grab Vladar who is playing well and seems to be earning a larger role, but after the break might go back to Marky Mark for the majority of the starts.

If there are any other goalies that come to mind I am open ears. As always appreciate all input and opinions and I will rep when and where I can!

Enjoy the boring rest of the week with no hockey lol.
    32 Team Salary Cap Dynasty - Fantrax
    Start: 12F, 6D, 2G - Scoring: G/A 1, SOG/Hit/Blk 0.1, W/SHO 1, SV 0.05

F:
    Bemstrom, Meier, Danault, Fantilli, Di Giuseppe, Greenway,
    Hischier, W. Johnston, P. Kane, Marchment,
    Palat, Seguin, Blackwell, Merela, Reaves.

D:
    Ceci, DeAngelo, Girard, Liljegren,
    N. Lundkvist, Walman, Schmidt, Emberson.

G: Sorokin, Quick, Kochetkov.

Minors: Arcuri, Misiak, Nesterenko, Perreault, Ponomayov,

T. Robertson, Simontaival, Soderblom, A. Thompson, Unger Sorum,
    S. Walker, J. Wise, Brunet, Hollowell, Honka, Mynio, Nause,
    Commesso, Hamrla, Portillo, Svedeback, Makiniemi.

The Great One

Default Re: Call me crazy kind of question - Will REP

Good post! I’d say Vladar would be my first choice followed closely by Peterson and Kotchketov. Go Vladar and if Markstrom looks to be regaining form at some point then flex to one of the others. Or if a trade occurs be ready for that as well.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

The Great One

I think those are all viable it depends on timeline"

Petersen- ill rank him first and I own him lol! I had resolved ed that were looking at next year for him but then the wheels fell off for Copley. Petersen was good but not spectacular on a reign team. I think thats ok. The reign lost key players this year so I'm not sure how strong they arw but more importantly I think they're looking for co sisterly out of petersen more than anything. I watched a YouTube video with a goalie coach (who could be out to lunch) but he said Peteraen got a list of actual homework basically- stop swimming so much, use your posts- stuff like that. If he has indeed managed that LA is strong enough defensively that he could have a very good career just by getting back to league average even and tbh id always held him a little higher than that.

Kochetkov- I don't own but make enough offers that the owner literally asked me to stop yesterday lol! Timeline is an issue. Andy is healthy and not going anywhere this season but he's a Ufa after that. Koch and balls should have a massive increase in value by then as the starter on a loaded Carolina team. If time is no issue maybe hes forst on the list.

Schmid- aaaaaannnnndddd I own Akira too!! What a name!! Everything you said is true but two points: I wouldn't underrated Blackwood and the organizations staying loyal to him AND you didn't talk about Daws either lol! Daws was just another guy with upside before last season but he crushed it with a capital c last year. Does that make him the undisputed starter?? No not necessarily and he is years away- but he's in the conversation for sure. A similar situation might be like whats going on in clb. Shmid is like Elvis- his short term resume has everyone hyped the end up that he could be the starter wheras the quietly good rookie just continues to dominate and get better- Tarasov playing the role of Daws in this analogy. That doesn't mean it'll play out the same way though- schmid seems to have turned a corner this year and vanecwks being signed the next two seasons after this might be the perfect segue to ease in and mentor the young Schmid. He came out of nowhere but I'm a fan of this kid. Hes last because he's got even more competition and a longer wait but because of team situation he could hypothetically be the best of the bunch...

The Great One

Vladar slots in at 3 or 4. If time is a factor hes likely even higher. Hes the fastest turnaround candidate but the least upside in terms of team situation.

Dobber Sports Wizard

For this year

Vladar- Best situation to get starts for ROS

Kochetkov- Been impressive, maybe he is the next great goalie to come out of Russia.

Schmid- chance to get start here and there

Petersen- i think he stays in AHL this year unless LA chooses to trade him

In the future

Kochetkov/Petersen - I think those 2 are most talented from the bunch

Vladar - Possibly the guy in CGY but talent wise step behind other two imo

Schmid - with goalies you just never know but for now i have him at the bottom
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Good post! I’d say Vladar would be my first choice followed closely by Peterson and Kotchketov. Go Vladar and if Markstrom looks to be regaining form at some point then flex to one of the others. Or if a trade occurs be ready for that as well.
    Kind of what I was thinking, my gut tells me to grab Vladar and use him for now, if Marky starts to regain the net fully then can maybe shift to one of the others. My thought process for considering this long shot of an idea is because we have a lot of active managers and if Freddy or Raanta when down in a game within 10 seconds Koch would be rostered as there are a few of the top teams in need of a 3rd tendy. Those are the two I have had in my mind.

EDIT: Or I get real crazy and let go two of my streamers, say Jarvis and maybe Compher, and hold Vladar and Koch. That might make my weekly battles quite a challenge but could also pay off lol.

F:

D:

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    Vladar slots in at 3 or 4. If time is a factor hes likely even higher. Hes the fastest turnaround candidate but the least upside in terms of team situation.
    Its a redraft league so my thought process is on this season only and looking ahead towards the playoffs and a potential league winner for my team. I personally have Koch ranked #1 as the situation in Carolina is incredible for a goalie and maybe late in the year they bring him back up anyways, depending on where they sit, in order to rest Freddy and Raanta and to avoid potential injuries.

F:

D:

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Chewbert View Post
    …I personally have Koch ranked #1 as the situation in Carolina is incredible for a goalie and maybe late in the year they bring him back up anyways, depending on where they sit, in order to rest Freddy and Raanta and to avoid potential injuries.
    Freddy will be the guy in the playoffs as long as he’s healthy so he could be getting the rest. I think there’s an outside chance Raanta is traded but I doubt it. I agree Kotchketov is the most talented here, and he’s just one injury away from some relevance again. I could see the logic in just stashing him for that situation. With Vanecek and Hellebucyk you’re probably ok to just grab Kotch. Rittich might see some action down the stretch as the Jets SHOULD be resting Hellebucyk.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Freddy will be the guy in the playoffs as long as he’s healthy so he could be getting the rest. I think there’s an outside chance Raanta is traded but I doubt it. I agree Kotchketov is the most talented here, and he’s just one injury away from some relevance again. I could see the logic in just stashing him for that situation. With Vanecek and Hellebucyk you’re probably ok to just grab Kotch. Rittich might see some action down the stretch as the Jets SHOULD be resting Hellebucyk.
    That's where a solid 3rd goalie would be huge for the fantasy playoffs as I could see VV and Helly both receiving more rest as we near the playoffs. I would find it hard to see them trading Raanta just due to potential injuries they would be better off with 3 capable goalies heading into the post season and he isn't expensive but I am no NHL GM lol.

F:

D:

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Okay, so it's for this year only.

Tier 1.
    Vladar. You've mentioned Carolina injuries, but if Markstrom gets hurt, you've got a starter on a decent team. Also he can help you get starts if somebody gets sick, has a family issue, etc. He's clearly a NHL caliber goalie, and has a locked in job.

Tier 2
    Schmid. He's Vanecek insurance for you. He's very likely the 2nd best goalie in the Devils system right now, and is at worst the 3rd best in the whole system, and no, none of those 3 are actually Blackwood.
    Kochetkov. He's the home run swing in case of a Rannta/Andersen injury, or even a Raanta trade - which I think is unlikely.

Tier 3
    Petersen - his value is mostly for future years, unless Copley gets hurt or Quick gets traded. (That sentence sounds so weird, doesn't it?) I don't think they are dealing Quick given the playoff spot they hold down, so he's likely AHL until maybe the playoffs.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    Okay, so it's for this year only.

Tier 1.
    Vladar. You've mentioned Carolina injuries, but if Markstrom gets hurt, you've got a starter on a decent team. Also he can help you get starts if somebody gets sick, has a family issue, etc. He's clearly a NHL caliber goalie, and has a locked in job.

Tier 2
    Schmid. He's Vanecek insurance for you. He's very likely the 2nd best goalie in the Devils system right now, and is at worst the 3rd best in the whole system, and no, none of those 3 are actually Blackwood.
    Kochetkov. He's the home run swing in case of a Rannta/Andersen injury, or even a Raanta trade - which I think is unlikely.

Tier 3
    Petersen - his value is mostly for future years, unless Copley gets hurt or Quick gets traded. (That sentence sounds so weird, doesn't it?) I don't think they are dealing Quick given the playoff spot they hold down, so he's likely AHL until maybe the playoffs.
    Pretty much how I've been viewing it, just need to decide if I want the safe play or the home run swing. Vladar is the safe option for starts and some upside. Schmid is a toss up. Koch has a ton of upside especially with Carolina's playoff schedule. Trying to build my roster around the best playoff team schedules so if some players are close or maybe even a tier lower I have been adding them to the roster. So far its been Turbo, Jarvis, Compher, and Rodrigues lol.

I will also say I realized today that Grubauer is available and has played well recently, Jones may own the net but if SEA keeps playing well they have a great playoff schedule for the fianls ARI, VAN, ARI, CHI, ARI, VGS, VGS.

The biggest decision I have is deciding who to drop and who to add. Weakest links are Jarvis and Boeser but hoping Boeser with PP1 deployment starts producing more and can maybe move him for a different piece. Jarvis is fine but really for top line he hasn't done much, especially when there are other players producing more like Dach who are available. Even debating adding another D man for depth and additional starts but not many out there that do much other than hit, I'd say Manson is the top choice followed by Pesce, Slavin, and Zadorov. But with AM34 and Duclair on IR will also need to make room for them in the next 2-3 weeks.

F:

D:

Another guy floating around as well is Vejmelka, seems unlikely he gets traded but if he did go to a contender he could put up great numbers even with less starts.

So I have the long shots not in the league or the likes of Vladar, Grubauer, and Vejmelka.

F:

D:

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd lean Vejmelka over the rest. His rate stats are pretty good, and he has volume as a locked in starter.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    I'd lean Vejmelka over the rest. His rate stats are pretty good, and he has volume as a locked in starter.
    Appreciate the input and after thinking about it all day I went ahead and added Vejmelka yesterday evening for those reasons alone. The numbers he has posted are pretty darn impressive considering the situation there, which may get even worse in the next month.

F:

D: