Thread: which fwrd to drop keeper league

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default which fwrd to drop keeper league

im in a keeper league that counts pts only.
    gls 3 pts and ast 2 pts

need to drop one of these fwrds:

Beauvellier
    neiderreter
    Nick robertson
    whalstrom

i'm leaning towards beauvellier but he now may breakout in vancouver? making 4M next yr.

thoughts?

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: which fwrd to drop keeper league

Is it a cap league?

Dobber Sports Superstar

Well this is tough and ya, it would help if we had more information about your team and your league. All of these guys with the exception of El Nino are "projects" and there are as many, perhaps more questions than answers about them.

Wahlstrom: Has been absolutely misused ans screwed over on Long Island and needs to get the hell out of there. This guy is a goal scorer. In your format that's significant

Robertson: I just don't know how he fits into the Leafs, now, or in the future. Maybe he's another guy that needs a change of scenery

El Nino: At age 30 he is what he is, expect around .5 pts per game and on the Preds that may be a bit optimistic

Beauvellier: Yet another victim of the Island. However, he has now escaped, and I think you have to wait and see what happens in Van City.

The safe way to go is to keep El Nino and drop one of "the projects". For me, that's Robertson, he is going to be a wait and whether he booms or busts is completely unknown. Nick has not established himself, the others have to a degree, understanding everything is relative. If you want to gamble, go with the projects and drop El Nino who is simply ho hum. The other three could bust loose. I'm liking the potential of taking the gamble on the younger guys. One should pay off, and who knows, maybe they all get on track. I'll wait and see.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Icon

with everything in TO the way it is id have no issues dropping NRob..
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Foerster, Michkov, Kakko, Toffoli
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Minyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR- Quinn(RW)
    Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Titan

As much as I liked Robertson, I think it's him.

Change of scenery won't change how he develops as I have full faith the Leafs organization can now develop players. He needs an NHL shot, and it could happen next yr depending on Bunting's deal. The change of scenery might allow him to have a legit long shot at an NHL position, but that's it.

The next thing is I doubt he gets traded now, his value is too low. They might just eat it and hope he recoups something next yr, especially if they plan on moving some of their prospects (Minten, Voit, Hirvonen, Abruzzese, Steeves) this yr as they need him to at least play in the AHL next season.

Really I think it's Robertson or Nino. Nino as in you know what he's doing, he won't do more. If you need more, he isn't going to jump all of a sudden.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

The Great One

I'd be wary of dropping nick robertson- he was never dependant on the leafs to be an elite option- it was almost a strike against with all that depth. Kids a 60+ goal scorers with a non frickin stop motor and work ethic. His brother proved they've got the genealogy to be difference makers. His "struggles" have been injuries and a very deep forward group to compete against. If he goes to SJ he'll be topline with Eklund (about as pure a playmaker as you can find on the wing) to make sweet sweet music together next season.

My buddy in my league got excited about nino but he's already dropped him. I don't see the appeal myself- name a bad quality for fantasy and hes got it- injury prone, inconsistent, linemate dependant- the list goes on. Yea he might strike gold one more time before he retires i guess but Lil Nikki got a whole career of jackpotting ahead of him...

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Nicky Bobby is the choice if you're going to push. If you are looking at a long term play, he's your guy to keep and Beauvilier is the guy to cut
    14 team head to head, 7 keepers
    G, A, PPP, HITS, PIM, +/-, GWG, W, L, SO, SV%
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2 Utility, 2G, 4 bench, 1IR+
    F - Matthews, Marner, McDavid, Debrincat, Thomas, Jeannot, Vilardi, Zegras, Guentzel, Zibanejad
    D - Dahlin, Bouchard, Lauzon, Durzi,. Chychrun
    G - Samsonov, Gustavsson, Askarov

16 team head to head, 15 keepers
    G, A, PPP, SOG, Hit, Block, W, GAA, SV, SV%
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 1F, 4D, 1 Utility, 2G
    F - McDavid, Tavares, Kucherov, Meier, Duchene, Foerster P. Kane, Pastrnak, R. Smith, Forsberg, Poitras, W. Johnston

D - Josi, Reilly, Faber, Matheson, Nemec,
    G - Vasilevskiy, Merzlikins, Vladar, Cossa

Dobber Sports Superstar

Robertson has barely played in the NHL and he's already a certified Band Aid Boy, let someone else deal with that.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

thanks this is not a cap league.
    its pts only and guys like terry and thompson make me wary of dropping young guys....thats why i will lean on Nino for now.

The Great One

Thats a good call. Robertson is out til next season though- just a heads up. I can see a 25 25 season easily tho and then his upside is caufield in blue..