Thread: My Knight/Raymond for Kuemper/Lindgren (will REP where possible)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default My Knight/Raymond for Kuemper/Lindgren (will REP where possible)

For league in sig. I'm currently in 1st place and looking to shore up my goaltending as I currently only have two guaranteed starters in Sorokin and Saros. We start 2 each night. 7 of the 18 categories in our league are for goalies so they're very valuable. Almost impossible to make a deal for a #1. I obviously really like Knight long term but he's only 21, has Bob with the massive contract to deal with which likely means splitting starts at best, and Florida is iffy this year. Raymond is excellent and will be a stud but with my current roster I can afford to lose him.

While this would be a tough pill to swallow long term, in the short term it gives me the best chance of winning. Kuemper is the #5 ranked goalie overall so if I added him I would have the 4th, 5th and 8th ranked goalies. I'm not huge on Lindgren but he would shore up the WAS tandem and can sit on my farm until he plays 100 games (currently at 52). For context, we have 10 players on our farm and each week so select 4 of the 10 that we can call up to our main roster, as long as we send down a player that is farm eligible. I could select Lindgren every week and lock in the WAS goalies.

Leaning towards accepting since it gives me the best chance to win this year. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Will rep where possible.
    12 Teams Keeper, Weekly H2H, Daily Starts (3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G)
    Skaters: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW, HIT
    Goalies: GS, W, L, GAA, SA, SV, SV%, SHO

C - Tavares, Scheifle, Trocheck, Granlund
    LW - BTkachuk, Stamkos, Kurashev, Mittelstadt
    RW - MTkachuk, Miller, Pavelski, Tolvanen, Zetterlund
    D - Dahlin, Josi, Hamilton, Fox, Nurse, Montour, Manson
    G - Sorokin, Saros, Ullmark

FARM:
    RW - Michkov
    LW - Voronkov
    C - Foerster
    D - Hutson, Nikishin
    G - Schmid, Daws, Commesso, Portillo, Prosvetov

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: My Knight/Raymond for Kuemper/Lindgren (will REP where possible)

Honestly, I'm not so sure you need to do this unless you are one of those Goalie hoarders (:

You have two clear cut excellent starters. You have Knight who will get some starts and wins. You also have Skinner on the farm who is pretty much in a time share with Campbell. So, you have two workhorses and two legit NHL goalies who are backups at worst. You give up Knight who is a few years away, but he is also one of the best goalie prospects out there, and Lucas Raymond who is a blue-chip forward prospect who is already producing in the NHL. I dunno. Maybe, Maybe not, I'm simply suggesting that it is possible that you might be over insuring things in net and paying a high price to do so.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

The Great One

As a go for it trade for this year it’s good. I’d like it a little more if the Raymond/Lindgren part could be dropped and you just do Knight for Kuemper. It hurts to pay those futures. But I do think it helps your win now mode.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Superstar

I like points from both above me but I always preach to aim to win every year and not concern one self too much with the future therefore go for it.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thanks for the advice guys! Much appreciated. Anyone else have any thoughts?

FARM:
    RW - Michkov
    LW - Voronkov
    C - Foerster
    D - Hutson, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Ace

This trade will haunt you later.
    12 teams. Keep 9 any position.
    7 prospects. D scoring 3.75 for goal, 2.75 for assist. Forwards 3.5 for goal, 2.5 for assist. 0.5 for hits and blocks. Goalie scoring -1.5 GA, 0.3 for save, 2 points for win and extra 2 for shutout.

​Pre Draft

F: Keller, Zegras, Suzuki, Caufield, Cozens

D:​ Drysdale, Guhle, Perunovich

G:

IR:

Prospects: W. Johnston, K. Johnson, Guenther, Morrow, Mateychuk

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by bbfl1987 View Post
    This trade will haunt you later.
    Yeah there's no way around it. This deal would come back to haunt me but is it worth it as long as I win this year (and potentially next year...)? Thing is I am dominating the skater cats so I only need to win a handful of the goalie cats and not rely on them all in order to win in any given week. Such a tough call.

FARM:
    RW - Michkov
    LW - Voronkov
    C - Foerster
    D - Hutson, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Stud

I wouldn't do this. Raymond and Knight are top end assets in a keeper.
    20tm UFA/RFA dynasty

Cats: G, A, SOG, STpts, +/-, hits/bs, GAA, Sv%, W+SO

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by hockeypoolfanatic View Post
    Yeah there's no way around it. This deal would come back to haunt me but is it worth it as long as I win this year (and potentially next year...)? Thing is I am dominating the skater cats so I only need to win a handful of the goalie cats and not rely on them all in order to win in any given week. Such a tough call.
    Sorokin and Saros are two high end guys already. Not to mention I believe Knight will too. Your team looks very solid. I’d just roll with what you have now rather than give up two studs to MAYBE win this year. Good luck either way!
    7 prospects. D scoring 3.75 for goal, 2.75 for assist. Forwards 3.5 for goal, 2.5 for assist. 0.5 for hits and blocks. Goalie scoring -1.5 GA, 0.3 for save, 2 points for win and extra 2 for shutout.

​Pre Draft

G:

IR:

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I’m a proponent of if you’re in first at this time of the year keep what you got unless it’s a no brainer. Your two current workhorses can get it done the rest of the way imo and you’ll be set for the future too.
    10 Team H2H Points 1 Year League
    2020 Runner Up, 2021 Champion, 2022 Champion

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd pass on adding Raymond.

Knight & Skinner is already good insurance for you, as you can stream them weekly, since both are minors eligible. I'd want to sell high on Knight's opportunity if you ant the Washington tandem, and include somebody who is a forward thro in, not Raymond.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thanks for talking me off the ledge boys! Just watched highlights of the 2021 WJC Gold Medal game to remind myself how ridiculous Knight is. Would be foolish to give him up in this situation. Cheers

FARM:
    RW - Michkov
    LW - Voronkov
    C - Foerster
    D - Hutson, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by hockeypoolfanatic View Post
    Thanks for talking me off the ledge boys! Just watched highlights of the 2021 WJC Gold Medal game to remind myself how ridiculous Knight is. Would be foolish to give him up in this situation. Cheers
    I believe you made the right call. Good on you.

​Pre Draft

G:

IR: