Thread: Constructing a Fair Deal for Drysdale/Quinn

The Great One

Default Constructing a Fair Deal for Drysdale/Quinn

So I'm in talks with
    The deal on the table is this:

Kuzmenko, Severson, Rathbone, Eberle and a 2nd in 23
    For Drysdale, Quinn and Lankinen.

It started with him saying that deal without eberle but he had added Donato and kalligren and donato with a first and third coming back to me. I explained a first kills the deal for me- im in lines for a strong lottery pick and that has more value than anything else in the deal. I said I'd do my second which figures to be 19th or 20th irl and that I didn't have a third but id take out Donato and kalligren. He has one free spot on his roster so he only actually has to drop or send back one guy in kalligren or lankinen. I sent the offer and after not hearing back I said I'll include Eberle. I think thats a steep price but one worth making. Lankinen is filler cause he needs a drop and I may drop him to the wore.

To me the deal breaks down as:

Kuzy, Severson and Rathbone for Drysdale- I feel like Kuzmenko is pretty close on his own lol but dmen are worth quite a bit in our format so I acnted up. Tbh though I LOVE kuzmenkos outlook short term but maybe even more long term- his stats play now but going forward he could have another gear. Severson is a healthy step up from the waiver wire and like the ramblings this morning said no player has increased their deployment more favorably from the first half to the second. Hes already a solid 3/4 guy (we start 4) but there's upside there too. I like Rathbone a lot but it mitigates some.of the upside hes losing in Drysdale.

Eberle and a 2nd for quinn- again thats the first or second pick in the second so it has value in a stacked draft. Because hes competing this year (6th out of 18)I said I'd include Eberle as well. He gets a one year upgrade (about 100fpt difference between the two) and he gets a mid first round pick in a stacked draft to replace him.

I said I'd do the full deal OR just the 3 guys for Drysdale.

What yall think? In terms of value is this a good haul for these two guys? In terms of him being a contender are these guys you'd invest in I the short term? I have my own thoughts (it's hefty) but im trying to get a feel for what you guys think? I feel like this deal drastically improves the short term while giving some long term upside back in the form of Rathbone and a second (that I really really did not want to part with!!).

Let me know...

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Constructing a Fair Deal for Drysdale/Quinn

right now Kuzmenko is the best player in this trade but either Drysdale or Quinn have chance to unseat him i would say....

i like it if its not for this year, other than Kuzmenko and maybe a pick, other pieces you giving up are just depth guys who will not be much more than filler pieces until their carriers end.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

The Great One

Default Re: Constructing a Fair Deal for Drysdale/Quinn

My side is for the future but I want to make sure its fair value for his side too as a contender? Im happy rolling the dice on drysdale and quinn because basically i need one more solid d and I own both guys in my other league so it checks the boxes for me!

I'm also trying to gage the value here tho- If you were competing does it make sense to take the kuzy/severson side?

*** Also its a keep all format so sev at 28 and Eberle at 32 both likely have some keeper value- maybe more sev lol! Just saying tho- we've got a steal round but no outright droppers- so I feel like they could help in a 3-5year window...