Thread: Aho, Rantanen, and Trouba or Elias Lindholm, Jack Hughes, and Montour ?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Aho, Rantanen, and Trouba or Elias Lindholm, Jack Hughes, and Montour ?

Hello all,

Going into the all star break, I have a cool 8 point lead in my Roto redraft league.

This morning, the 2nd placed team sent me this trade:

His Aho, Rantanen, and Trouba for my Elias Lindholm, Jack Hughes, and Montour.

Categories are G, A, PPP, SOG, Hit, and +/-.

I'm happy with the trade up until Montour, as he has been a huge reason for my success this year. But I'm getting the feeling he may slow down a bit over the second half, especially if Maurice splits up him and Ekblad.

Categories that I stand to improve most upon are goals and hits, for what it's worth.

Any preference here ?
    Roto

C: MacKinnon, Stutzle

LW: Kreider, Forsberg

RW: Caufield, Reinhart

D: Dahlin, Hedman, Letang, Trouba

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: Aho, Rantanen, and Trouba or Elias Lindholm, Jack Hughes, and Montour ?

Just an fyi ignore my signature, this is a separate league. Tried to not include it but is slipped through.

This league is also redraft

The Great One

Default Re: Aho, Rantanen, and Trouba or Elias Lindholm, Jack Hughes, and Montour ?

I’m not trading Hughes here. You lose this trade.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I'm not sure I'd say you lose this trade, but I think it's petty close.

I think Rantanen and Aho are upgrades to Hughes/Lindholm, but Montour has been a D1 this year. The shot rate has been excellent as well. Trouba will give you so many less points.

I say it's a push, and most times when I have a trade that I can't decide on, I tend to keep the players I have.

My two cents

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by freedMinds View Post
    I'm not sure I'd say you lose this trade, but I think it's petty close.

I think Rantanen and Aho are upgrades to Hughes/Lindholm, but Montour has been a D1 this year. The shot rate has been excellent as well. Trouba will give you so many less points.

I say it's a push, and most times when I have a trade that I can't decide on, I tend to keep the players I have.

My two cents
    Especially when they’ve got you sitting in first so far.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Fair enough !

The Great One

Yeah Hughes/Lindholm for Rantanen/Aho is a push. I give the edge to Hughes because he’s better and Rantanen has been injury prone. Really can’t go wrong with either side. It’s Montour Trouba where I think the trade becomes a loss for you.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Yeah Hughes/Lindholm for Rantanen/Aho is a push. I give the edge to Hughes because he’s better and Rantanen has been injury prone. Really can’t go wrong with either side. It’s Montour Trouba where I think the trade becomes a loss for you.
    Yep that's my exact thinking. Hughes has been shooting and scoring more than Mikko.

I do think Aho will be better than Lindholm rest of the way but it'll be close.

And in Roto, Montour has been a top 5 defenseman this year while Trouba top 40. Trouba will shoot just as much as Montour and hit more, but the points difference is remarkable.