Thread: Trading for Kucherov

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Trading for Kucherov

Hi there, I have a potential deal in the works where I’d be obtaining Kucherov. It’s a limited keeper league where we only keep 5. My keepers now are Matthews, B Tkachuk, Connor, Meier and one of E Kane or Hamilton. To get Kucherov I’d be giving Hamilton, Necas, Reinhart and E Kane. In addition to Kucherov I’d get some plugs like Lundell, Labanc and Hanifin. I’m currently in 5th spot in my 10 team league and the top 3 teams are out of reach at this point. I’d be selling a good chunk of the farm this year, but I’m thinking long term here to solidify my 5 keepers. I’d still make the playoffs this year where anything could still happen. I feel like Kucherov can be a perennial 100 point player for the next 3+(?) years. Thoughts??

I had a similar trade in the works for Kaprizov but the other GM ultimately decided to decline the offer. So as an aside question, how do rank/compare Kucherov and Kaprizov?
    Weekly matchup, 10-teams, 25 man roster, play 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2G per night
    Multi-cat league: G (4), A (2.5), SOG (0.2), HIT (0.2), BLKS (0.2), PPP, GWG, PIMS (0.2), +/- (+/-0.5) - skaters
    W (3), S/O (5), each save (0.2), each GA (-1)

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Trading for Kucherov

terrible trade please do not do that, Nikita cannot outscore those four solid options and the three you get back with him are waiver fodder. If you are worrying about the future, acquiring a 29 year old injury prone forward, albeit a very elite one, makes no sense when you have a 24 year old Necas.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Is Necas really a must hold keeper though? He’s ranked about 50th in my league. He’s very redraftable… he was a waiver wire add this year for me. Although Kuch is 29, he’s got lots of tread left IMO as he’s only played around 600 games in the NHL. My strategy is too focus on the next 3 years which puts Kucherov at age 30-32 along with Matthews, Connor, Tkachuk and Meier all in their prime years.

Dobber Sports All-Star

I can see the logic in your trade for sure. It's a keep 5 and you say you are out of the running so guys like Necas and Reinhart and E.Kane (if he is your cut) don't even matter going into next season. Chop away. If you really are folding this season then the question becomes who do you prefer Hamilton or Kucherov? Obviously we are taking Kuch. Seems like a solid upgrade to your 5 keepers.

I see no problem with this trade in your situation.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Superstar

With the intent of upgrading your 5 keepers this trade does just that. You pay a hefty price, but you upgrade your core with Kucherov. There is a bit of risk here with potential injuries, but I'm certainly not worried about Kucherov's production when healthy over the next two or three years. Ther is a bit of risk here, but I think it's acceptable. As for Kuch vs Kaprizov, well I think in a keeper Kaprizov has more value than Kuch based on age and similar talent. That's likely why the other GM turned down your offer. Kucherov's current GM may well consider the return your offering fair.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Deal is done. Following my acquisition of Kucherov I traded Labanc and a meaningless late round pick for Olofsson (for BUF’s favourable schedule during my leagues playoffs) and dropped Hanifin and picked up Girard for the same scheduling reason. Then I dropped Lundell and picked up Jeannot from the wire. So in the end it becomes: Kucherov, Olofsson, Jeannot, Girard for Necas, Hamilton, Reinhart, E Kane

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'd take Kucherov over any of the guys you traded away, so while this deal hurts you this year it puts you in a better position to compete for the next few years.

Dobber Sports Jedi

keeper wise - it's a good deal
    playoffs wise - this year. It's a terrible deal. You really reduced your chances of winning, if not just eliminated them.
    playoffs is a chance to win. all you gotta do is get in.... you might not even get in now.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I’ll definitely get in the playoffs. 8 of 10 teams make the playoffs and the bottom 2 teams are dumpster fires. Their fates are already sealed. The top 3 teams are all looking dangerous and I’m in the mushy middle. Yeah I don’t plan on winning this year but the top teams are all currently selling off their future to win now, so I took the opposite approach.