Thread: DeAngelo vs Nurse

Dobber Sports Novice

Default DeAngelo vs Nurse

Been offered Darnell Nurse for my Tony DeAngelo.

DeAngelo helped me win league’s championship last season, but I have been waiting for an opportunity to unload him because I try to avoid injury/problem prone players that tend to miss games as much as possible.

DeAngelo missed 18 games last season, and missed a few on two occasions this year. Both productive seasons with the NYR and CAR amounted to 1.1 FP/G in my league.
    This year he does not put as much points on the board, but he still provides 1.1 FP/G in my league thanks to the 23 minutes per games he logs which are important in our scoring.

On top of DeAngelo’s specifics unstable attributes, we have seen the emergence of Cam York who could challenge him next year for Top PP if Philly already decides they don’t care about resigning DeAngelo. He is unlikely to get 23 min/g on his next team, but could balance that out with more points on the board.

Darnel Nurse is strong in multicat and ended producing at a slightly higher pace than DeAngelo last season with 1.17 FP/G, but with 10 more fantasy points over the season because he played more games.
    This year however he’s only pacing at 1.04 FP/G.

Both are top 30 (D) in a 15 team league (league in signature) and probably as good as I am going to get for DeAngelo, but I have concerns with Nurse. He’s been producing at 0.95 FP/G over the last 30 days, and even worse over the past 14 days. Stability is great, but at some point upside gets more interesting and DeAngelo seems to have a mot more than Nurse at the moment. Nurse has a high floor with minutes played and other peripheral, but I am concerned we’ve seen the best of him offensively and he will not be a 35pts D moving forward.

I am currently first in my league and would be trading with the 3rd place team.
    My team is strong enough to withstand a small drop in production for Nurse in the short term if I think he’s gonna bounce back and be the better dynasty asset. However if he is to stay cold until the end of the season, I’d rather make sure I repeat with DeAngelo as nothing is more important than another championship.
    15 Teams Dynasty League (No Salary Cap)

4C / 6W / 2F / 6D / 2G
    5 Bench / 25 Minors
    (Protect 20 + 25 Minors)

G, A, SOG, Blk, Hit, Fight, FOW/FOL, TOI,
    SA/GA, SV%, SHO

C: Crosby, Draisaitl, Point, Trocheck
    W: Connor, Giroux, Miller, Pettersson, Stamkos, Terry
    F: E Kane, Nichushkin
    D: Doughty, Hedman, Josi, Letang, Nurse, Petry
    G: Ullmark, Swayman

Bench : Bjorkstrand, Cirelli, Couture, Walman, Merzlikins
    IR :

Minors: Brindley, Goyette, Voit, Huuhtanen, Kantserov, Lardis, Melanson, Petrov, Trikozov, Whitelaw, Ziemmer, Behrens, Cagnoni, Engstrom, Morin, Nelson, Nikishin, Price, Spence, Ufko, Bussi, Hrabal, Johansson, Merilainen, Silovs

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: DeAngelo vs Nurse

In a points only, DeAngelo’s offensive upside is very attractive. In a multicat league, Nurse is the far better, more consistent asset!

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: DeAngelo vs Nurse

Other than the fact that both these guys are 27 years old, the similarity ends there. Very different types of player. You need to crunch the numbers before you decide, but I can tell you that Nurse contributes more to your scoring cats than Tony. Specifically, SOG, TOI, Hits and Blks. Tony wins goals and assists but there is only a 7 pt difference and I expect Nurse to warm up a bit, he is cold at the moment. This suggests to me that Nurse for DeAngelo is very likely an improvement on your team.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf