Thread: Pick A Side

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Pick A Side

Cap league points only + (see sig).

A series of moves could land the following package and I’m curious what the consensus is. Been trying to swing a trade since Caufield went down and I am currently in third place. Cap plays a big factor here.

Barzal Caufield Batherson

Or

Scheifele Necas Tuch

Looking forward to the opinions.
    Thanks in advance!
    Salary Cap Dynasty 12 Teams
    Skaters: G1 A1 PPP.0.5 GWG1 SHG2 Goalies: Win2 SO2 OTL1
    4C 4LW 4RW 6D 2G 5Bench 12Minors
    Dude Where’s Makar?
    C: RNH Malkin Pettersson Eichel
    LW: Kuzmenko
    Guentzel Kaprizov Marchand
    RW: Pastrnak P.Kane Boldy Ehlers
    D: Addison Sandin Montour Makar Toews Letang
    BN: Byfield Newhook Maccelli Knight
    Gustafsson
    G: Sorokin Fleury
    IR: Drysdale
    Minors: Eklund Holtz Bjork Reichel Cormier Hutson Dumais Wolf Nikishin

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Pick A Side

ugh thats close....if its dynasty i want Barzal side due to age...but production wise atm its pretty damn close....for this year obviously its Schefiele side due to injury to CC.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Superstar

If I have this right, this is pretty much about this year in which case the answer is pretty obvious. I haven't looked at the CAP but if you need to replace Caulfield if you're going to compete. The option you have listed should do just that. I don't mind this longer term either, Necas and Tuch are young and Scheifele is only 29, lots of gas left in the tank IMO.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Padawan

I want the Barzal side in a dynasty.

The Great One

Ugh- thats tough- losing caufield sucks but you don't want to sac your chances over one guy. A lot depends on Tuch. I think scheif is a ppg player for at least 4 seasons and a lot can happen in that time so hes a decent enough add. Necas in the same range but even younger with a great supporting cast. Tuch is the wildcard- i feel like he's 70ish going forward but thats really a hunch I guess.

I think caufield has value as a 40 goal guy with those stats but without aogs he does lose some value. Call him a ppg player. Barzal is actually closer to 70 probably unless he moves off nyi at which point he might go crazy lol! Let's call that ppg for now. Bothersome likely closer to a 70 point guy until proven differently.

So the major us is you get to compete this year and you add tuvhs overachiever for bothersome upside.

The downside is you get a bit older in scheif and you lose a handful of gwg in your format with caufield. Id say green light...

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'm going to lean yes to this offer.

Caufield is a guy who is hurt, and can't help you. If you ask me who will score the most points next year, I'd say "probably not Tuch, Caufield, or Batherson", and that's where I'd stop. The tiny bias towards golas for SHG & GWG means I value points as points.

Additionally, you save on cap for at least next year.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Appreciate the recent replies! I’m late to my own party here but I went with a much different offer. Still ended up trading those three to shore up my roster with position improvements while saving on future cap. Did three separate trades but in summary:

Out: Batherson Caufield Barzal Seider Kakko Zellweger Johnston

In: Kaprizov RNH Kuzmenko Montour Gustafsson
    Salary Cap Dynasty 12 Teams
    Skaters: G1 A1 PPP.0.5 GWG1 SHG2 Goalies: Win2 SO2 OTL1
    4C 4LW 4RW 6D 2G 5Bench 12Minors
    Dude Where’s Makar?
    C: RNH Malkin Pettersson Eichel
    LW: Kuzmenko
    Guentzel Kaprizov Marchand
    RW: Pastrnak P.Kane Boldy Ehlers
    D: Addison Sandin Montour Makar Toews Letang
    BN: Byfield Newhook Maccelli Knight
    Gustafsson
    G: Sorokin Fleury
    IR: Drysdale
    Minors: Eklund Holtz Bjork Reichel Cormier Hutson Dumais Wolf Nikishin

The Great One

Yuck.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Leancats View Post
    Appreciate the recent replies! I’m late to my own party here but I went with a much different offer. Still ended up trading those three to shore up my roster with position improvements while saving on future cap. Did three separate trades but in summary:

Thats a lot going out for what came in..

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Leancats View Post

ya..that should have been a "lets gather opinions" type deal. its not great for you. Yes you grabbed KK and possibly getting in on Kuzmenko (im not a fan at all, of any Van player though) but for a dynasty this move is not good and will not age well as the guys you shipped out surpass the guys you brought in, in very short order. sorry man, its blunt but its truths..
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Foerster, Michkov, Kakko, Toffoli
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Minyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR- Quinn(RW)
    Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

The Great One

Don't get me wrong I love kalrizov and hes likely the bpa. But I dont believe we're seeing the real RNH at all- i really feel like he's closer to a 65-70 point ayer- which plays - but is not spectacular. I DO like Kuzme ko but a big part of the appeal is that you should be able to get him cheapish- the guys you gave up are a whose who of guys im targeting in a rebuild lol! Except seider (lol!). Kuz is slowing down now and has really bad sog totals. I still think his future is bright but again a low shooting winger who hasn't proven anything yet- their value is in how cheap you should get them- would be curious what you paid. Montour and gustaafson are basically waiver adds that are performed.ing well. Realistically this guy could have added three guys off waivers along with a late pick in rnh and he'd get all your blue chippers for it. My suggestion would have been to keep what you had and be a more active participant on the wire- durzi for example is breaking out a bit, gamble on a guy like greig. Johnston is an uber prospect whose literally performing already lol! Caufields injury hurts but you're looking at a franchise goalscorer. If nyi trades their coach or Barzal is traded hes a 90 point player. You basically just traded all your upside for whose scoring right this second and honestly next season when these guys come back to planet earth you'll have no upside left to chase with again and you'll be watching them blossom on other teams. I DO like kaprizov- i imagine that trade was a straight win- the rest is dicey. I don't want to ovwrstate it- if you win well then it was probably worth it. If you dont then you're in for some orchids.

Mind you sometimes it pans out. Waaaaay back when Duchesne was one of the hottest prospects out there I traded him for an aging Jason Arnott. I posted it on here and agreed with the feedback that I'd likely regret it for years. It didn't really pan out that way- I won my second of three titles in 4 years- Arnott helped(?) I guess- but the bigger thing is Duchesne went on a run of mediocrity for years. I've already stated my beef with seider- maybe kakko continues to struggle? And hey you got kaprizov- that counts for something...

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I don’t disagree at all that I gave up good pieces here. Especially considering the Dynasty implications. There are several factors here that played into the decision. Take a peek at my signature if you want clarity on who I kept versus who I traded.

One: I was in third place and these trades put me ahead of first on paper for the first time this season. I’m going all in to try and win. Every player I received has a much higher FPPG than what I gave up. (Even if it’s possibly an outlier for 3/4 players)

Two: I was at the cap ceiling before the trades and still at it after. Heading into next year, before these trades, I’m projected to be over cap by 27 million (Pasta, Knight, Caufield, Boldy, Barzal, Drysdale, etc). I took a proactive approach to trade quantity for quality in acquiring the BPA.

In the end I was 100% going to 4-5 good players next season. This was all about consolidating what I had now instead of being complacent and hoping my team improves without any moves, then reacting in the off-season. I’m hoping my decisions pays off and I win it all and if I don’t, I still improved my roster this year talent wise and cap wise heading into next year.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I hate to say it but I think that trade is an L. Unless you win this year the only real piece you got was Kap. Yes RNH is good but not as good as he is playing this year. Kuzmenko I wouldn’t be very excited about other than this season. So much talent the other way. I hope it pans out for you and you take home the title but man that’s a lot to give up!