Thread: Should I dangle Makar/Knight looking for elite goalie in return?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Should I dangle Makar/Knight looking for elite goalie in return?

For league in sig. For context I am currently in 1st place. Which is great, except I don't have a third consistent goalie. Skinner was my guy until he took time off and now with Campbell on a 5 game win streak I don't think the net is his anymore. With Bob out the net is Knight's for the time being but if he falls on his face I'm in trouble. With 7 categories goalies are very valuable. There are no options for streamers as everyone hoards them. Saros and Sorokin with spot starts from Knight and Skinner might be enough but I'm beginning to have doubts. And if Saros or Sorokin get injured...

Trading for a stud goalie is nearly impossible but if I dangle Makar that will for sure get people's attention as elite Dmen are also highlighted coveted. With Makar, Dahlin, Josi and Hamilton I have 4 of the upper tier Dmen in our league and while Makar is a STUD and the McDavid of Dmen I could technically afford to lose him. It wouldn't kill me. After finishing 2nd or 3rd too many years in a row to count I tore down my team a few years ago and built it to where it's at now so I'm all in this year.

I'm not even sure if anyone would bite. My best bet would be to try and get Vasi from the 8th place team and try to convince him he doesn't have a hope in hell in winning this year (which he doesn't) and to look to the future. Makar and Knight would great core pieces.

Am I crazy to ponder moving Makar at all considering how unreal he is and the potential that Knight has? I feel like a stud goalie will help me more this year than Makar/Knight. Any help greatly appreciated. Will rep where possible.
    12 Teams Keeper, Weekly H2H, Daily Starts (3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G)
    Skaters: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW, HIT
    Goalies: GS, W, L, GAA, SA, SV, SV%, SHO

C - Tavares, Scheifle, Trocheck, Granlund
    LW - BTkachuk, Stamkos, Kurashev, Mittelstadt
    RW - MTkachuk, Miller, Pavelski, Tolvanen, Zetterlund
    D - Dahlin, Josi, Hamilton, Fox, Nurse, Montour, Manson
    G - Sorokin, Saros, Ullmark

FARM:
    RW - Michkov
    LW - Voronkov
    C - Foerster
    D - Hutson, Nikishin
    G - Schmid, Daws, Commesso, Portillo, Prosvetov

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Should I dangle Makar/Knight looking for elite goalie in return?

Oh man that’s a hefty price. I see your 3 goalies and I am struggling to think you need another goalie. How many do you start per day? I mean you know your league better than I but I see Sorokin and Saros and think you’ve got it made with Knight only growing in His starts. If you can get Vas then maybe I’d do it but man that’s a hefty price. Tough call.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by DangerCat View Post
    Oh man that’s a hefty price. I see your 3 goalies and I am struggling to think you need another goalie. How many do you start per day? I mean you know your league better than I but I see Sorokin and Saros and think you’ve got it made with Knight only growing in His starts. If you can get Vas then maybe I’d do it but man that’s a hefty price. Tough call.
    Yeah my worry with Knight is that he’s not the clear cut starter and it could turn into a Carter Hart situation where they rush him in too early. He’s only 21. He won’t be in his prime for a few more years. We start 2 goalies per night. Skinner could take the net back as well. I might be overthinking this which is why I reached out to you guys.

FARM:
    RW - Michkov
    LW - Voronkov
    C - Foerster
    D - Hutson, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Padawan

Don’t do it. You’ll kick yourself for trading Makar. Although Campbell has played well he hasn’t taken over the net by any means, and it most likely will be close to a 50/50 split with Skinner for the remainder of the season. Skinner has looked really solid this year too

Dobber Sports Superstar

I'm riding this out for a bit come hell or high water. That's just too high a price to pay for an upgrade that you may not need. At the very least, give this a little more time and see how things go, it's likely Vasi will still be available 10 games from now and if your desperate then I get going for the win regardless of cost, but hold off a bit longer.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Deity

There's only a couple of goalies that I consider "studs" so unless you are targetting Vasilevskiy or Sheshterkin, I am keeping Makar and trying to make a deal with one of your other quality Dmen for another quality goalie. The problem is, the guys who own Shesterkin and Vasilevskiy probably aren't entertaining offers for them but that's simply an assumption on my end.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

Don’t move Makar. I hear you and I see why you’re trying to add insurance to stabilize your net. But even for Vasi / Helly/ Sheshterkin, I wouldn’t move Makar. He’s way too valuable and goalies are way too unpredictable (even the elite).

Use Knight and any of your other top Dmen to try and secure another goalie if you must. But you will kick yourself all day for letting Makar go in a keeper league where Dmen are so valuable.
    12 Team Weekly H2H, Daily Lineups. Keep 7 + 1 Prospect (<164 NHL games).
    Scoring:
    PLAYER: G(3), A(2), D Pts(addt'l 0.7), +/-(0.5), PPP(addt'l 1), SHP(addt'l 0.5), SOG(0.4), BLK(0.8)
    GOALIE: W(2), GA(-1.5), Saves(0.3), SO(3)
    Positions - 3C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2G, 5 Bench, 4 IR, 1 prospect

C - J Hughes(LW), Hintz, Malkin, Pinto
    LW - M Tkachuk(RW), Robertson
    RW - Rust, Necas, Zuccarello
    D - Makar, Fox, Bouchard, Roy, Krug
    G - Oettinger, Thompson, Wedgewood
    Prospect Keeper - L Hughes(D)
    IR - Hill(G)

2024 Picks - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Great advice as always guys! Thanks for talking me off a cliff. I'm getting a bit jittery but it's not time to panic. I'm going to see how the next couple/few weeks play out and if the guy in 8th slides down or realizes he doesn't have a shot I'll inquire about Vasi (he also has Vanecek) and see if I can work something out, without dangling Makar. Even if I don't get some insurance I think I'm still the team to beat. REPed where I could. Cheers

FARM:
    RW - Michkov
    LW - Voronkov
    C - Foerster
    D - Hutson, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Stud

Do not move Makar. I repeat, do not move Makar
    20tm UFA/RFA dynasty

Cats: G, A, SOG, STpts, +/-, hits/bs, GAA, Sv%, W+SO