Thread: Moving the kid...

The Great One

Default Moving the kid...

So just took on a new team and shocker im going to retool it- lol! Its not a pure rebuild especially because its missing picks one through three in this years mega draft lol! But the top teams are absolutely stacked and trying to contending with what o have out of the gate would be a fools game haha! I've got jack and Luke hughes- I've got some intriguing young forwards in Norris pld guentzel and Terry. Tarasenkos a tweener- maybe keep. My d is a mess- I feel like I have to get value for doughty and burns but after that I dont have much- hanifin, Matheson, Smith, Joseph, Valimaki and ufko. I literally have no goalies. I'm starting Wedgewood and Lindgren.

I need g and d. My best impact vet to trade i think is crosby. I think he can provide 10 points per million or better with strong peripherals for the next three or so years.

I reached out to the swayman owner and he said he wouldn't do crosby for swayman straight up- that's worrisome. He offered bobrovsky and thats a no from me. So were at kochetkov I said I think I need at least one more serious piece added there and waiting to hear back.

Another round of negotiations has us at edbinsson as the main piece with dostal incoming as well. We're debating adding a pick although I don't hink its a first. I have to take on Backstrom for salary reasons but I have no issue just cutting him.

Would you do evinsson distal and a 1st this year- likely 6-10 range? Would you do it with a 2nd or 3rd instead??

The Great One

Default Re: Moving the kid...

Sketched out tentative offer

I give
    Crosby, Gio, a 5th this year or a 3rd in 24
    For
    Backstrom Edvinsson Dostal Mann and a 2nd this year 18-24

Dobber Sports Apprentice

What’s the format? How many keepers/teams etc. dostal is going to be good but you need goaltending now! I think it’s a decent trade given crosby’s age though he’s not slowing down a ton yet. Edvisson is studly, and Mann is meh. It would be nicer if that 2nd was a first but I think overall it’s a fair deal but dang man you need a starter now!

Dobber Sports Superstar

Simply put, IMO, this is not nearly enough for Crosby.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

The Great One

I ended up with Eklund, a first, kahkonen and tolvanen.

Many teams just couldn't do it because the tight cap situation. One team chimed in and said he'd have offered more but we looked at his roster and his most droppable guys were guys like perron who are very helpful to him and have no value for me. For example hes interested in burns and even though im not asking a lot its hard to get anywhere cause of the assets he'd have to give up.

Its like that for a lot of teams- im happy with the return I got but I could see the other side of the argument...