Thread: Another Post to Laf At

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Another Post to Laf At

So the guy with Laf has badgered me with offers. He sent some pretty absurd offers. I am struggling with wanting to trade a breakout 24 year old in Necas for Lafreniere who so far has been a disappointment. He wants to give Lafreniere and Comtois for Necas and Parayko. Comtois is meh for me at this point but it’s the upside that Laf has. He is scoring at a 40 point pace with dreadful minutes and deployment. Necas is showing why he was a 1st round pick and I’m pretty happy with him. Should I even be considering this? It’s looking less and less likely i am catching the guy in first as I’m in 3rd. Perhaps I make the play for the future? Laf has plenty of hits haha. What’s the consensus? Am I as dumb as I am ugly?

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Another Post to Laf At

I’d rather have Necas
    14 Team H2H pts keep 12 plus 10 minors
    Skaters G, A, Blk, FOW, HIT, STP, PIM, Tk, SOG. bonus for D pts
    Goalies GA, SV, SHO, W, OL

C - Aho,
    Danault, Granlund, Seguin, Domi
    LW- Nichushkin, Svechnikov, Vatrano, Palat, Marchment
    RW -Rust, M Tkachuk, Konecny, Pavelski, Ehlers
    D - Carlson, Seider, Karlsson, Ekblad, Krug, Manson, Gudas, Walman
    G - Georgiev, Vanecek, Talbot, Daccord
    M - Gauthier, Savoie, Kasper, Nazar, Bolduc, Bystedt, Cossa, Daws

Dobber Sports Rookie

I would not go out of my way to acquire any of the players identified in this trade proposal. This said, I would take the trade as it is in my humble opinion and upgrade. For background to this comment, check out Hockey Prospecting for an analytic look at each player and their "Star Probabilities" and "NHLer Probabilities" projection (relative to historical data on players with similar statistical progression to date).

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Keep Necas unless the OGM gives you an offer you can't refuse. It's always good to see your roster and keeper situation but even without it this is an easy decline.
    Team 1:
    J Hughes, Cooley (r), Bratt, Laine, M Tkachuk, Necas, A Svechnikov, S Jarvis, M Michkov (r), W Johnston, Zegras, Giroux, Norris, Couturier, B Jenner, T Krug, Burns, M Weegar, Werenski, Sergachev, B Clarke (r), Theodore, Sorokin , Oettinger, Askarov (r), Ersson
    12 teams, No salary cap
    Keep 14 plus 4 rookies (under 150 GP) max 18 players
    Scoring: G (1), A (1), +/- (0.25), H (0.1), B(0.1), PIM (0.1), SOG (0.1), GWG (1), PPP (1), SHP (1),
    Goalies: W (2), SO (3), GA (-0.5), OTL (1), SV (0.1)

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I have no idea about your dumb versus ugly ratio, but I'd pass on this. Necas doesn't need to breakout, he's doing it.

I think I do prefer Comtois to Parayko, and would counter with just those two for each other. Tell him you have no interest in Lafreniere.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Deity

I'd take a pass here as well. Lafreniere might get to the level that Necas is playing at but why gamble on that. It's not like Necas is old and you need to worry about his downside.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I'd take a pass here as well. Lafreniere might get to the level that Necas is playing at but why gamble on that. It's not like Necas is old and you need to worry about his downside.
    100% right. After my last post my view on Laf has been downgraded. I really didn’t want to trade Necas. And I’m greatful the fine folks at dobber forums have helped me again. Laf could get there and very well might but Necas IS there already.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by DangerCat View Post
    100% right. After my last post my view on Laf has been downgraded. I really didn’t want to trade Necas. And I’m greatful the fine folks at dobber forums have helped me again. Laf could get there and very well might but Necas IS there already.
    Exactly, and at that point, should he get there, then you have a reason to make this trade. Until then, you are the one taking all the risk but not being rewarded for it.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

Nexas upside might be just as high as last today. I own both and I certainly wouldn't pay that price for laf right now. If you could do a declining vet I'd be all over that but necas is a pipedream imho...

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I traded a 1st (8-14th) overall for Laf I’d think Necas is worth a solid bit more then that