View Poll Results: Which five are benefitting most from how they're being deployed?

Voters
57. This poll is closed
  • Rasmus Andersson

9 15.79%
  • Michael Bunting

39 68.42%
  • Max Domi

20 35.09%
  • Vince Dunn

3 5.26%
  • Jordan Eberle

4 7.02%
  • Brandon Hagel

30 52.63%
  • Kevin Hayes

6 10.53%
  • Zach Hyman

30 52.63%
  • Boone Jenner

10 17.54%
  • Travis Konecny

3 5.26%
  • Andrei Kuzmenko

7 12.28%
  • Artturi Lehkonen

22 38.60%
  • Hampus Lindholm

9 15.79%
  • Brandon Montour

15 26.32%
  • Josh Morrissey

9 15.79%
  • Joe Pavelski

8 14.04%
  • Jeff Skinner

21 36.84%
  • Alex Tuch

5 8.77%
  • Carter Verhaeghe

9 15.79%
  • Mats Zuccarello

19 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: ROOS LETS LOOSE POLL: Great Deployment or Great Talent?

The Magnificent One

Default ROOS LETS LOOSE POLL: Great Deployment or Great Talent?

Rare are those in fantasy who are locks to excel. They'd be elite on any team and with any wingers. The reality is that many players are benefitting from who they play with and/or how they are deployed. Who's benefitting the most? That's for your votes to decide.

The 20 choices are players - listed in alphabetical order - who I felt are quite possibly faring better than they would if circumstances were less optimal. Your task is to pick the five you think are benefitting the most form their circumstances. I realize this is one of the more subjective polls I've ran; still, I figured not only would it be fun, but also perhaps useful in helping everyone think of potential sell high options.

As usual, please post to say who you voted for and why, as that always makes things more enlightening.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

The Magnificent One

Default Re: ROOS LETS LOOSE POLL: Great Deployment or Great Talent?

Here the five I voted for, and it was TOUGH to hone down the list:

Hyman - he's a 60 point player, which we know from his last three seasons, but he's benefitted from Kane being out and likely will start to come back to earth
    Kuzmenko - Separate him from EP and who knows what we'd be getting
    Montour - He's somehow on PP1 with Ekblad and being looked upon for blueline offense, but I can't see it lasting given his track record
    Skinner - First Eichel elevated his game, now Thompson, but the story is the same in that Skinner seems to need a helping hand to excel
    Zuccarello - He's definitely talented in his own right, but being Kaprizov's linemate is the gift that keeps on giving
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Icon

Voted Bunting, Hyman, Montour, Pavelski snd Skinner.

For 3 of those guys, your 2nd post is spot on, no need to elaborate.

Pavelski is amazing, love the player and he’d be likely to produce with any utilization - but not at a PPG pace - that is largely due to the JRob/Hintz effect.

Finally Bunting, consistently top line with Matthews/Nylander, and PP1 fixture even after Reilly returned from injury. Over 16 mins TOI incl 2+ PP, not huge but pretty solid. That’s a deployment-based boost if there ever was one. And despite all the fantasy love he’s not even breaking 60-pt pace and barely above 2 SOG/game. With lesser deployment he’d be, even less…

But same can be said for a few guys I own that aren’t even on the list, like Lee, Rakell, etc.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Ace

Voted for Bunting, Hyman, Verhaeghe, Zuccarello and Skinner.
    14 Team H2H pts keep 12 plus 10 minors
    Skaters G, A, Blk, FOW, HIT, STP, PIM, Tk, SOG. bonus for D pts
    Goalies GA, SV, SHO, W, OL

C - Aho,
    Danault, Granlund, Seguin, Domi
    LW- Nichushkin, Svechnikov, Vatrano, Palat, Marchment
    RW -Rust, M Tkachuk, Konecny, Pavelski, Ehlers
    D - Carlson, Seider, Karlsson, Ekblad, Krug, Manson, Gudas, Walman
    G - Georgiev, Vanecek, Talbot, Daccord
    M - Gauthier, Savoie, Kasper, Nazar, Bolduc, Bystedt, Cossa, Daws

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Swarley View Post
    Voted for Bunting, Hyman, Verhaeghe, Zuccarello and Skinner.
    Verhaeghe? IMO he’s the last guy on this list who is benefitting from deployment - sure he has most often been paired with Barkov and solid minutes, but he rarely gets PP1 time. If he did he’d be a 75-pt guy easily.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Initiate

For good deployment/likely regression candidates, I went with
    Hayes - he seems to do better than usual despite being unliked by Torts. Odd, and I'd probably sell high if possible.
    Kuzmenko - shooting% at 24, playing alongside EP, I think
    Lehkonen - I don't know, plenty of injuries on Avs
    Montour - Doing better than ever, perhaps it will continue, perhaps not
    Skinner - Good deployment, uncertain future production

The Great One

Bunting- is the poster boy for his shit. His whole skillet is that he's a hard worker who has enough skill to compliment elite players on marner and matthews. His 60 point pace is deceptive because they shuffled those toplines like crazy during the first 20 games and he really struggled. Then he went to the topline and has been closer to a pog player since the move. Hes so good with them they probably won't shuffle him around anymore but he's shown that without them hes closer to a 35-40 point player.

Hagel- If bunting is the poster boy for this theory then Hagel is the next in line lol! We have seen so many players make a living thriving with point and kucherov that were starting to lose count. Theres a lot to like about Hagel but he was recently at the top of that list of players most likely to break 70 for the first time this year. Without topline deployment hes closer to 17! Great player but not a play driver- hes a complimentary piece if there ever was one.

Domi- I mean dobber literally said if he was traded he'd actually lose value cause he wouldn't be playing topline with Kane or being force-fed pp minutes in a role he really doesn't seem to thrive in. If he was on a better twam he'd be lucky to get 50.

Dunn- has finally broken out like we hoped he could. The thing that struck me though is that when everyone was writing those articles predicting his breakout they were all predicated on a pretty cruddy premise (for dunn anyaays) in that they said "Someone's gotta run the pp in Seattle and there's no current candidate better than dunn!". Like thats a pretty bad reason to get love in fantasy hockey lol! His breakout has been predicated on being the best of a bad bunch of offensive D on a very strong offensive team. On a different team bo way he gets a whiff of pp1 duties. Heck I wouldn't write him in pen to keep running pp1 on THIS team. Hes been a great surprise but his collapse is as predictable as his breakout.

Skinner- I overdracted skinner in so many leagues cause I love sog guys but after years of watching him consistently deployed on l3 I gave up on him. The book was out on him- hes a but of a puck hog AND wants worse he takes a lot of ill advised low danger shots. Great for his goal totals but frustrating as all peanut butter for any skilled linemates he may have. I wrote him off as a 25-25 guy who you could plop on the third line to generate his own scoring but then Buffalo went out and offered him eight and a half million lol! I dont think he's the most egregious name on this list because I think he'd produce without linemates and yea I think he can produce with them as well. Where I start to lose confidence is in his future outlook. I think they're forcing the issue because of how much he makes but im not sure hes an ideal fit for two really gifted players. Hes an odd duck in that I think he really is a net gain if he's doing his thing down the lineup and even playing the role of triggerman on pp2 but unless his hockey iq shot selection and overall game has improved dramatically since I dug deep on him about five years ago I really feel like he's being miscast which will be a detriment to the team as a whole. I could be way off based if he has improved but I remember a lot of Carolina fans were adamant that so many plays died off the end of his stick where he had taken a low percentage shot right at the goalies team logo. He is a "for real" fantasy contributor nowadays and i would just hate to invest only to watch him slowly excommunicated from the primo deployment. Not the most reliant guy on this list but the impact from elite producer to fringe guy would be palpable...

The Great One

I think kuzmenko will surprise people if and when hes traded. He may well regress based on shooting percentage but he scores in bunches so often which to me just screams elite offensive talent whose struggling to find consistency. We all collectively slept on panarin as being a bi product of playing with Kane until he went to clb and then he actually exploded lol! His stats last year in the K and this year are way more in line with Panarins than a guess or a dadonov. I could be wrong here- I'm not even saying he's a lock to go that route but its at least a possibility

The Great One

Question:

Why is rasmus anderssen on this list? Not sarcasm- honest question. I've sent out a substantial offer for him and what I see is a 25yo consistent 50 point guy with decent peripherals. 50 is such an odd number for dmen so I figured he likely has a bit more upside especially if lindholm, hunerdeau and the team could pull their schnitzel together.

Is he a product of favorable deployment? Does he look miscast as their pp1qb?? I don't watch a lot of flames games and honestly hes usually a guy I faded in drafts because I tend to aim for guys with 60 point potential then go for blue chippers, then round out my defense with peripherals guys and just by virtue of my strategy I tend to miss out on him lol! That being said he has a lot of value in my lifetime keeper and the gm is one of the reasonable ones when it comes to trade. I likely won't get a "deal" but there may be a fair offer in there that works.

Is this a guy your fading?

The Magnificent One

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    Question:

Why is rasmus anderssen on this list? Not sarcasm- honest question. I've sent out a substantial offer for him and what I see is a 25yo consistent 50 point guy with decent peripherals. 50 is such an odd number for dmen so I figured he likely has a bit more upside especially if lindholm, hunerdeau and the team could pull their schnitzel together.

Is he a product of favorable deployment? Does he look miscast as their pp1qb?? I don't watch a lot of flames games and honestly hes usually a guy I faded in drafts because I tend to aim for guys with 60 point potential then go for blue chippers, then round out my defense with peripherals guys and just by virtue of my strategy I tend to miss out on him lol! That being said he has a lot of value in my lifetime keeper and the gm is one of the reasonable ones when it comes to trade. I likely won't get a "deal" but there may be a fair offer in there that works.

Is this a guy your fading?
    I see him as a right place, right time type of player, who could be elbowed aside if he has an extended cold stretch or someone else better comes along. He just doesn't seem to have the "it" factor from what I've observed, but due to being on PP1 and getting prime chances to produce offense from the Calgary blueline, his numbers have been solid. It's tough to land one someone I'd liken him to -- maybe Dennis Wideman, or a slightly less skilled Kevin Shattenkirk?

The Great One

He belongs on this list for sure. I voted for him as he’s exactly what we’re talking about here.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch