Thread: Barbashev vs zacha

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Barbashev vs zacha

Full dynasty league, 12f 6d 1g 4 bench with 27 minors, 32 teams.
    Cap league (aav)
    H2H
    Scoring is 1 for g and a, 0.1 for shots hits and blocks

Barbashev $2.25m this year, then likely getting a raise. 0.85ppg in this league this year, but shooting percentage way down, he was 1.1ppg last year.

Zacha $3.5m then $4.75m starting next year. 0.9ppg this year, has been 0.8-1.0 fairly consistently over the past few years. Also 2 yrs younger.

Who’s the better target? Im competitive right now, but not a favourite, i have $3m in cap space but would move a little bit out in the trade to squeeze zacha in.
    Barbashev shooting 9% when his career hes closer to 17% says to me he should be closer to the 1.0+ppg mark and due to a bump for the rest of the year and should get back to that level going forward.
    No idea how zacha is performing other than his shooting percentage is bang on avg and his numbers look pretty consistent with previous years.

Any strong feelings on a preference this year and next few years?
    Thanks for the insight.

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Barbashev vs zacha

Tough one. I'd probably go with Barbashev. He won't get anywhere near Zacha's new contract but is similarly productive.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I agree with Axeman. Barbashev should be cheaper, and at least as productive.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Unless Barbashev gets overpaid I agree he is likely the better contract. However, we don't know what he will get. Some crazy ass GM could give him a bigger contract than we would expect, it does happen. There's some risk here, but I'd take that on and go with Barbashev and hope the contract is indeed cheaper than Zacha's. Ya gotta love CAP Leagues!!
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Another vote for Barbie. Similar fpts for your league, but if Barbie can get back to where he was last year I think he's the clear winner due to his hits.
    SalaryKeeper ROTO-Add/Drops/Trades require IRL $
    12 Teams - 32 Player Roster -20 Active - Min 5D to Max 7D - Min 11F to Max 13F
    16 Keepers (G=2 Keeper spots)
    83.5M Weekly AAV - Bench does not count towards salary cap

F/D: G, A, PPA, PPG, +/-, Hits, BLKS, Shifts (0.5), TOI (0.5), PEN
    G: GAA, Saves, SPCT, TOI, Wins, SO, OTL (0.5)

Roster
    F: MacKinnon, JT Miller, Kaprizov,
    E.Kane, Caufield, Eichel, Batherson, Malkin, Dach
    Kempe, Greig, Tolvanen, Zary, P.Kane, Foegele, Dowd

D: Theodore, Chychrun, Drysdale, McAvoy, Matheson, Okhotiuk, M. Roy, Fehervary, Perbix, Martinez, M. Anderson

G: Thompson, Vanecek, UPL, Lyon, Binnington

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I vote Zacha and its not all that close for me- Zachas slow but steady upward trajectory is kind of exactly what you're looking for in a post hype sleeper type and if you look at that team situation it looks pretty favorable for him.

Not enough poolies are connecting the dots here that if Bergeron retires (and hes talking about it) zacha is your number one center on the bruins. That adds value...

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'm surprised at how much support Barbashev is getting here.

I think its almost a given that Barbashev hits the open market - additionally he's the kind of gritty player with a couple solid seasons under his belt which gets GMs overpaying (ie I think Coleman serves as a solid comparable). I don't see any world where he comes in significantly under Zacha's 4.75M and many where he costs 5.5-6M.

In terms of opportunity I like Zacha's chances of being the #1C with Pasta more than Barbashev's mystery box as well.