Thread: I have too many G's - need a strategy!

Dobber Sports Stud

Default I have too many G's - need a strategy!

I am currently carrying Andersen, Kuemper, Lindgren and Murray. One has to go. I don't think I can get a bag of socks for either Lindgren or Murray in trade. I've tried. So I'd probably drop one of them. Both have been streaky, both have had great runs and bad runs. I do like the idea of the handcuff for Kuemper, and Murray got pulled in his last start. So that's an argument for keeping Lindgren. But on the other hand, if there's a 1B here, it's Murray not Lindgren and TOR is not a bad team.

But complicating this is the fact that Raanta is now the clear #2 in CAR and he's available as a FA. I could grab him as a handcuff for Andersen. Like Murray and Lindgren, he has had some hot runs and some bad games.

So which three would you want on your team ROS? Andersen and Kuemper for sure. But pick one: Murray, Lindgren or Raanta.

Thanks! Will rep!
    C: Kopitar, Jarvis (RW), Thomas
    RW: Wilson, Bratt (LW), Zuccarello, Svechnikov (LW)
    LW: B. Tkachuk, E.Kane, Boldy (RW)
    D: Matheson, Rielly, Dahlin, Burns
    G: Shesterkin, Vasilevskiy, Kochetkov
    IR+

10 Team H2H, one year, G, A, +/-, PPP, PIM, HIT, W, SVP, GAA, SV
    Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2Util, 2G

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: I have too many G's - need a strategy!

Probably Murray but not real confident in him

Dobber Sports Superstar

Forget Raanta. Murray and Lindgren are close, but Lindgren gives you the lock and Murray is a certified band aid boy. I'm parting company with Murray. Maybe you can trade him for a bag of pucks (:
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I think Murray should have more value than Lindgren, so I'd try and trade him for anything, aim super low, and to the guy with Samsonov.

I'd probably prefer Raanta, Lindgren, Murray in that order, given that you can't lock up Toronto.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Stud

The guy with Samsonov also has Helly and Sorokin. So I don't think he really wants or needs Murray. I sure will try to get a bag of practice pucks for him. Better than dropping him, for sure. But I don't expect much of a return. Raanta over Lindgren, eh? I can see that... CAR>WSH. But Lindgren has been playing well, except maybe for the last game. But the shots he gave up were all screens. Still, I bet Rants gets more starts than Lindgren. Both Kuemper and Andersen are bandaid boys, but more so Andersen. But there's the Kochetkov factor...
    C: Kopitar, Jarvis (RW), Thomas
    RW: Wilson, Bratt (LW), Zuccarello, Svechnikov (LW)
    LW: B. Tkachuk, E.Kane, Boldy (RW)
    D: Matheson, Rielly, Dahlin, Burns
    G: Shesterkin, Vasilevskiy, Kochetkov
    IR+

10 Team H2H, one year, G, A, +/-, PPP, PIM, HIT, W, SVP, GAA, SV
    Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2Util, 2G

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by jimc21 View Post
    The guy with Samsonov also has Helly and Sorokin. So I don't think he really wants or needs Murray. I sure will try to get a bag of practice pucks for him. Better than dropping him, for sure. But I don't expect much of a return. Raanta over Lindgren, eh? I can see that... CAR>WSH. But Lindgren has been playing well, except maybe for the last game. But the shots he gave up were all screens. Still, I bet Rants gets more starts than Lindgren. Both Kuemper and Andersen are bandaid boys, but more so Andersen. But there's the Kochetkov factor...
    The Kochetkov factor is hard to get a grasp on. Unless there is an injury or severe slump I don't see him coming back but.... in my 14-team league I am still debating picking him up and wasting a bench spot for a few weeks to see how it unfolds, I am currently in 2nd so still well inside the playoff race and only rostering two goalies.
    32 Team Salary Cap Dynasty - Fantrax
    Start: 12F, 6D, 2G - Scoring: G/A 1, SOG/Hit/Blk 0.1, W/SHO 1, SV 0.05

F:
    Bemstrom, Meier, Danault, Fantilli, Di Giuseppe, Greenway,
    Hischier, W. Johnston, P. Kane, Marchment,
    Palat, Seguin, Blackwell, Merela, Reaves.

D:
    Ceci, DeAngelo, Girard, Liljegren,
    N. Lundkvist, Walman, Schmidt, Emberson.

G: Sorokin, Quick, Kochetkov.

Minors: Arcuri, Misiak, Nesterenko, Perreault, Ponomayov,

T. Robertson, Simontaival, Soderblom, A. Thompson, Unger Sorum,
    S. Walker, J. Wise, Brunet, Hollowell, Honka, Mynio, Nause,
    Commesso, Hamrla, Portillo, Svedeback, Makiniemi.

The Great One

I read that the book was out on Murray and that injuries had slowed his glove hand to the point of being exploitable but said Intel was BUNK!! He actually looks very good when he's healthy! Thats a big if but TO kind of has this perfect situation where Samsonov is talented enough to be a number one in short spurts but not at the point where he seems ready to take over the whole gig. I really think that makes murray a pretty clear 1a when hes healthy- and a good one on a great team! I like Kuemper so I'm not as sold on Lindgren. I'm also a raanta fan (and held on for many uears) but I think he's a clear 1b with a limited shelf life so grabbing the 1a in murray here is the play...