Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Provorov won't support Gay Pride

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Provorov won't support Gay Pride

Quote Originally Posted by PicklePickle View Post
    I'm in no-way religious and I don't agree with Provorov but the Flyers have put him in a no win situation. He goes on the ice: he doesn't stay true to his shitty believes or he doesn't go on the ice : looks like the f-ass he really is.

For me, it's an easy decisions but I can understand why you want to stay the way that you are.
    They didn't ask you to marry another dude that night, they just asked you to go on the ice with a rainbow jersey for 2-3 mins.
    Your comment is the exact problem with why the NHL or Philly shouldn't do this. Now he's a "s*tty person"? Why because he was brought up a certain way and certain beliefs no matter how outdated you think they are? It's not like he's advocating for hate crimes by not wearing a rainbow jersey.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    NHL released a statement today about it. Pretty much saying the way the NHL has implemented the Promotional events is that it's up to the club how they implement it, and the League allows players to participate or not, and it's the club's decision to deal with punishments or not when a "Provorov situation" comes up
    I shared the statement earlier in the thread.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    This is so messy. It's kind of why hockey shouldn't put themselves through this. It's fine for them to come out and have pride nights, which Provorov participated in warmups and played in during the past but to make mandatory representation a part of it, might be a bridge to far.

Although I don't agree but if your religion is against what pride stands for than it should be your choice to participate, which it was. However, just by the notable exclusion you knew it was going to be highlight in media and cause a sh*t storm. Provorov is already now getting attacked for it. We got to remember the NHL is full of international players who were brought up very differently than most in Canada or the USA for that matter.
    The league didn't make Provorov miss warmups. The Flyers made that decision.

It's also interesting the Flyers JUST started producing Pride jerseys.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

A co-worker asked me this question.

If your employer came to you and asked you (being a male) to wear makeup and a dress because it's National Womens Day and you disagree, are you in the wrong? LOL!

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post

If your employer came to you and asked you (being a male) to wear makeup and a dress because it's National Womens Day and you disagree, are you in the wrong? LOL!

Isn'it more like: can we please wear pink for National Womens Day ?
    31 TEAMS keep all multi-cat (lot of them) dynasty
    Offensive stats : Goals, Assist , PPP, PPTOI, SOG...
    Defensive stats : PKTOI, BLKS, TakeAway, Giveaway...
    (basically best NHL player)

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post

It's weird if you say for your religious beliefs you can't wear a dress, but then commit other sins openly.

It's also a bit of a stretch because in that scenario you also just don't believe in women's equal rights (because that's what the day is supposed to represent) but I get what the coworker was saying from a service level comment.

A more accurate scenario your coworker is suggesting is:
    "can you wear a dress because we're promoting National Women's Day?"
    "No, because Women's rights is against my religious beliefs"

A more accurate scenario the NHL is doing is:
    "Can you wear pink for National Women's day?"
    "No, because women having rights is against my religious beliefs. However I will show up to work once the photo's are taken".

Dobber Sports Veteran

The fact that this story is getting more attention than the Scott Laughton/JVR one tells you everything you need to know about people's true concerns.

Not supporting something, and not respecting something are two different things.

Dobber Sports Initiate

It's ridiculous to me that people lose their minds over it. I was listening to Marek show and they were blasting his decision too. Now he's become a distraction and blah blah.

Wait a second people.

the "hockey is for everyone" inclusion nights are great, but doesn't that mean we also need to include the players/people with different thoughts other than the woke agenda that's forced down everyone's throats just about weekly now? Personally I could give a rats ass what you're sexual beliefs are. Don't force em on to me like Jehova's do their religion. I thought pride month was in the summer, but it appears to be monthly there's some pride event.

Maybe people are just getting sick of these forced agenda's.

Live and let live people

Dobber Sports Deity

https://twitter.com/cbctom/status/1615777566500995077

The Washington Capitals also held their Pride Night last night. But the team does not have players wearing special ��️*��jerseys in warm up. Wonder what would have happened if the NHL's most famous Russian Alex Ovechkin, who's also Orthodox, had been in the same position as Provorov.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Stifler View Post
    It's ridiculous to me that people lose their minds over it. I was listening to Marek show and they were blasting his decision too. Now he's become a distraction and blah blah.

Wait a second people.

the "hockey is for everyone" inclusion nights are great, but doesn't that mean we also need to include the players/people with different thoughts other than the woke agenda that's forced down everyone's throats just about weekly now? Personally I could give a rats ass what you're sexual beliefs are. Don't force em on to me like Jehova's do their religion. I thought pride month was in the summer, but it appears to be monthly there's some pride event.

Maybe people are just getting sick of these forced agenda's.

Live and let live people
    I keep trying to say this to the black slave living in my basement. Just live and let live. Everyone has their own beliefs. No need for all this "woke agenda" shit!

Dobber Sports Wizard

Good for him to express his opinion. Why should we expect everyone to support gay pride? It's not like it's some sort of accomplishment being gay. As long as we recognize people's sexual orientation as their own private business, there is no need to go any further.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Titan

This is probably the reason why the Flyers avoided the jerseys for so long, but the work of Laughton, JVR, and others probably pushed for it, and the growing dislike of Provorov helped as well.

I bet the second Ovi retires, Washington will have those Pride jerseys.

Another Russian who's openly Russian Orthodox is Vasilevskiy. March 7th is Tampa's Pride night and will auction off sticks with pride tape, and Pride Replica Jerseys.

Provorov put a target on every team's actions with Pride stuff going forward.

Dobber Sports Titan

Here's your Pride Night Schedule including ones that have past, and what they did. To note, Columbus and Tampa I couldn't get to their promotional schedule section of their website as it was down (little sus), but found a PDF that outlined their Promo Schedule that was made in Sept/Oct.

PRIDE Schedule.JPG

Dobber Sports Genius

Can anyone answer this? Since i read an article how Provorov shouldn't hide behind his religion, some saying his cherry picked religion. What if a player was Muslim and wouldn't participate? Would we still be having this conversation? In Islam, homosexuality's is a sin, with some regions considering it punishably by death.

I believe people making a huge deal out of this are just virtue signaling and do this pretty much on any cause.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    Can anyone answer this? Since i read an article how Provorov shouldn't hide behind his religion, some saying his cherry picked religion. What if a player was Muslim and wouldn't participate? Would we still be having this conversation? In Islam, homosexuality's is a sin, with some regions considering it punishably by death.

I believe people making a huge deal out of this are just virtue signaling and do this pretty much on any cause.

I don't think Muslims should be allowed to play in the NHL. I don't have anything against them, but my faith does not think it's ok for Muslims to play hockey. I respect everyone and everyone's choices though.