Thread: Kucherov or Makar ? - Yahoo Categories

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Kucherov or Makar ? - Yahoo Categories

Hello all,

Woke up to quite the trade this morning:

My Kucherov, Forsberg and Saros for his Makar, Stutzle, and Markstrom.

Currently my D core is Hamilton, Montour, Sergachev, and Larsson, while my Wingers are Forsberg, Marchand, Kucherov, and Pastrnak.

I tend to lean taking it, as I feel having another elite D man would help improve my team.

To replace Kucherov, I have either Caufield or Boldy to slot in his spot. Meanwhile if I kept Kucherov, my fourth D man would be Adam Larsson, who has been solid this year in categories, but mainly have him for his Hits.

However, my team has been putting together a strong few weeks on the back of Oettinger and Saros, so I haven't been able to accept it.

Also full disclosure, I have Kucherov and Forsberg in multiple paid league, while I have no shares of Makar or Stutzle.
    12 Team - Yahoo Roto (Redraft)

C: Barkov + Stutzle

LW: Fiala + Forsberg

RW: Rantanen + Laine

D: Hamilton + EK65 + Seider + Durzi

G: Jarry + Markstrom + Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Kucherov or Makar ? - Yahoo Categories

I’d probably pass but it’s close, if Saros and Markstrom were removed from the trade I like it but because they are involved I’d pass. Keeper league would be a different story, I’d accept it for sure

Dobber Sports Sophomore

So so close for me as well, Saros has really turned it on late while the Flames have been inconsistent.

If you believe in the Flames and Markstrom turning it around it could be a big win, as I think the Flames are better than the Predators but Saros has no volume or skill concerns thus far.

If you want to diversify I'd say go for it
    Roto

C: MacKinnon, Stutzle

LW: Kreider, Forsberg

RW: Caufield, Reinhart

D: Dahlin, Hedman, Letang, Trouba

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by Swarley View Post
    I’d probably pass but it’s close, if Saros and Markstrom were removed from the trade I like it but because they are involved I’d pass. Keeper league would be a different story, I’d accept it for sure
    I had the same idea, but sadly he rejected that

Would have taken Makar and Stutzle for Kucherov and Forsberg for sure.

If I take a peek at MoneyPucks power rankings, Calgary is quite high while the Preds are pretty low on the list. Though Saros' GSAA is significantly higher than Markstroms. That's another reason why I'm pondering it

Dobber Sports Superstar

I see no reason to do this. To improve on where you are now, there are a number of things that you really need to hope happens which may not, mainly, Markstrom proves to be an improvement on Saros and Stutzle is an improvement on Forsberg. Both seem pretty iffy to me. You improve your D but you're goaltending and forwards very likely take a hit. I'd look somewhere else to see if you can improve on your D, Makar is nice for sure, but the cost is considerably too high as is the risk IMO.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba55 View Post
    I see no reason to do this. To improve on where you are now, there are a number of things that you really need to hope happens which may not, mainly, Markstrom proves to be an improvement on Saros and Stutzle is an improvement on Forsberg. Both seem pretty iffy to me. You improve your D but you're goaltending and forwards very likely take a hit. I'd look somewhere else to see if you can improve on your D, Makar is nice for sure, but the cost is considerably too high as is the risk IMO.
    Great points Bubba, appreciate the insight. We move !