Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Oilers in Contact with Sharks

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Oilers in Contact with Sharks

Quote Originally Posted by TeamRamrod View Post
    Cheap meaning, next to nothing going back, and Anaheim retaining a good chunk of his salary. If it doesn't wok out, they walk away. Compared to the fortune they'll pay for and to Karlsson, and their saddled to him for another four years.
    They would still need to send back a contract of some sort because even if ANA retains half, the Oilers do not have $3.5M in cap space to take on his contract. Not to mention, you normally have to overpay to get teams to retain salary.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    Im nervous about the Meier move. I like what hes doing now and don't want his role to change. Maybe he's a rockstar in NJ or wherever; it would make sense. But things are also pretty good as more or less The Guy in SJ. For instance, if he ends up on a team like NYR that would concern me greatly re his role. Even though the team that gets him will be paying big bucks to keep him.

Sorry to derail; I would love EK to get moved before the deadline. It's a less than 50/50 shot though with the cap ramifications, but I think with the way he is playing there is always a chance some GM figures it out.
    Yes, I am concerned about this also. However, I figure if a team is going to pay 'that' much for Meier then theyll play him on the top line top powerplay and etc.

I worry when EK leaves who plays so much of the game (and moving on from Burns), the lack of puck movement from the backend will be severely detrimental to all the Sharks producing points especially on the powerplay. Id rather Meier go to New Jersey and score tap ins haha. Best case scenario is they both stay in San Jose and ill just eat the hit in +/-
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by kovalchuk17 View Post
    Yes, I am concerned about this also. However, I figure if a team is going to pay 'that' much for Meier then theyll play him on the top line top powerplay and etc.

I worry when EK leaves who plays so much of the game (and moving on from Burns), the lack of puck movement from the backend will be severely detrimental to all the Sharks producing points especially on the powerplay. Id rather Meier go to New Jersey and score tap ins haha. Best case scenario is they both stay in San Jose and ill just eat the hit in +/-
    This is an excellent point.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by kovalchuk17 View Post

Hadn't thought about it that way. Probably best for Meier to get out of there as it looks like they might go traditional rebuild under Greer. Short term might hurt Meier a bit but long term probably for the best!

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    Hadn't thought about it that way. Probably best for Meier to get out of there as it looks like they might go traditional rebuild under Greer. Short term might hurt Meier a bit but long term probably for the best!
    Long-term yes I would agree. I would be totally fine if both dudes gets traded into a better situation. I just want to avoid the downside situation where one dude is stuck in San Jose for the rest of this season while im trying to win a championship!
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.