Thread: Markstrom and Demko

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Markstrom and Demko

How do we feel about Markstrom and Demko for next season. Both struggling this year and Demko hurt. In my league Markstrom is at 5.8 pts per game. His last 3 were 9.4, 7.3, 9.6. Is this season just a bad year and should be back to normal next year? Demko is usually around 8.5 and this year was 3.5. Not sure on the future of the Canucks though. Wins are important. Wondering if either of these goalies would be a better keep than Knight, I’m thinking Markstrom probably is and possibly Demko? Thanks

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Markstrom and Demko

I would go Markstrom just because i don’t see the Canucks getting any better next season. I’m pretty high on Knight but as long as Bobrovsky is there, he will split the starts with him at best…That’s not ideal.Depends if you’re contending or if you can wait a little. With his big contract, Markstrom should get most of the starts with a good team. He’s the better choice now IMO.
    League 1
    10 team, Dynasty, points only, 30 players, keep20 starts 12 F, 6 D, 2G , unlimited prospects(can keep them max 5 years)
    F: Mackinnon,Marner, Panarin, Eichel, Fiala, Hughes, Svechnikov, Robertson, Bratt, Kuznetsov, Hischier, B.Tkachuk, M.Tkachuk, Scheifele, Wheeler, Jenner, Drouin, Tatar, Colton
    D:Hughes, Hamilton, Karlsson, Dunn, Burns, Theodore, Slavin, Trouba G: Shesterkin, Binnington, Vanecek
    League2
    Cap league (82.5M with AAV), points only, 12 teams, keep 7, (9F, 4D, 2G)
    F: Hughes, Zuccarello,RNH, Marchessault, Scheifele, Toffoli, O’Reilly, Trocheck, Buchnevich extra: Marchenko
    D: Makar, Dahlin, Seider, Andersson
    G: Hellebuyck, Talbot

Dobber Sports Deity

I wont lie to you, I dont feel great about either guy going forward. Both are excellent tendys but both have had really weird years to this point. Vladar is playing a lot better than Markstrom but Markstrom will keep getting the opportunities. Demko has just been flat out bad this year. His D is terrible but at least he was able to mask that last year because he played so well. Now that he's playing "normal", the chinks in the armour are showing and his numbers are reflecting that. And to be honest, I dont know if anyone knows the future of the Canucks right now, including Demko's place with the team. I can't see them trading him but who knows. That would be a blessing for him if they did, but I just dont see that happening.

At this point, all you can do is hold on and hope. Their value has to be in the toilet and you will not get, what should be, fair market value for either guy in a move.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I wont lie to you, I dont feel great about either guy going forward. Both are excellent tendys but both have had really weird years to this point. Vladar is playing a lot better than Markstrom but Markstrom will keep getting the opportunities. Demko has just been flat out bad this year. His D is terrible but at least he was able to mask that last year because he played so well. Now that he's playing "normal", the chinks in the armour are showing and his numbers are reflecting that. And to be honest, I dont know if anyone knows the future of the Canucks right now, including Demko's place with the team. I can't see them trading him but who knows. That would be a blessing for him if they did, but I just dont see that happening.

At this point, all you can do is hold on and hope. Their value has to be in the toilet and you will not get, what should be, fair market value for either guy in a move.
    Thanks for the reply, I am considering trading for one of them, I have knight now as my 8th keeper so was wondering if I was better off with Markstrom or Demko. Sounds like I should just keep Knight and hope he takes over the net

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dover View Post
    I would go Markstrom just because i don’t see the Canucks getting any better next season. I’m pretty high on Knight but as long as Bobrovsky is there, he will split the starts with him at best…That’s not ideal.Depends if you’re contending or if you can wait a little. With his big contract, Markstrom should get most of the starts with a good team. He’s the better choice now IMO.
    Thanks Dover, I am not competing this year but will be next year

Dobber Sports Deity

I would put both on the trade block and see what you can get for either Markstrom or Demko. I dont expect you'll get fantastic offers, probably more lowball offers than anything, but it would be interesting to see what other GMs think about either guy as far as their market assessment.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ace

If Demko gets traded to a contender, I would lean Demko. Otherwise, I like Markstrom by a decent margin.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I like both over Knight. They have starting jobs, Knight doesn't. Flames should be the better team, and wins are a team stat, so Markstrom.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.