Thread: What’s Bedard Worth?

Dobber Sports Newbie

Default What’s Bedard Worth?

I should really start off by saying that we do a draft lottery, so even having the last place 1st round pick does not 100% secure 1st overall. That said, I’m curious what you would give up to have the best chances to land Bedard? I just acquired my team and I believe the previous manager was inactive, meaning I have a decent team that’s currently in 3rd last. My cornerstones right now are Makar and J. Robertson. I approached the last place team about acquiring their 2023 1st round pick and they asked for Makar, Robertson + 2023 2nd round pick. That would likely give me 2 top 4 picks in this years draft where there are likely some future superstars to be had early on. I’m currently trying to talk him into letting me keep 1 of either Makar or Robertson. I think it would be a no-brainer if I can do that, but I’m curious what you think about the original deal, and what would you be willing to give up from your team to have the best shot at Bedard?
    16 Team Dynasty Salary Cap League | 23-man Roster + 60 min
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, Hits, Blocks | W, GA, S, SO

The Great One

Default Re: What’s Bedard Worth?

Hard no for me.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Deity

10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

Makar and Robertson is a solid foundation. Even if you were a lock to get Bedard it'd be a tough call as to whether to part with them both. But for a mere chance to get him? Not a chance.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Stud

There is no way im trading Makar and J Rob for a chance.. heck not even if it was a given

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Pro

This offer is a joke! Big no
    League 1
    10 team, Dynasty, points only, 30 players, keep20 starts 12 F, 6 D, 2G , unlimited prospects(can keep them max 5 years)
    F: Mackinnon,Marner, Panarin, Eichel, Fiala, Hughes, Svechnikov, Robertson, Bratt, Kuznetsov, Hischier, B.Tkachuk, M.Tkachuk, Scheifele, Wheeler, Jenner, Drouin, Tatar, Colton
    D:Hughes, Hamilton, Karlsson, Dunn, Burns, Theodore, Slavin, Trouba G: Shesterkin, Binnington, Vanecek
    League2
    Cap league (82.5M with AAV), points only, 12 teams, keep 7, (9F, 4D, 2G)
    F: Hughes, Zuccarello,RNH, Marchessault, Scheifele, Toffoli, O’Reilly, Trocheck, Buchnevich extra: Marchenko
    D: Makar, Dahlin, Seider, Andersson
    G: Hellebuyck, Talbot

The Great One

Do not trade makar OR ribertson for a xhance at bedard- if you trade both your nuts. Hes very good but you already have a lottery ball. Fantilli looks very good too but I would not bank on him being better than either guy. Take a breath. Calm down. Hope your ball hits. If it does add Bedard to a great core. If it doesn't add fantilli to a great core. Your welcome..

Dobber Sports Newbie

Yeah, very good comments here, thanks. I just took over the team a couple days ago and I guess my own personal disposition is to lean toward starting fresh with my own project. But I get how it sounds crazy haha.
    16 Team Dynasty Salary Cap League | 23-man Roster + 60 min
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, Hits, Blocks | W, GA, S, SO

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd also pass on that.

As for putting your stamp on a team, note that rarely do real franchises' new general managers trade away young superstars for chances at #1 overall picks, because that would get them very fired, and very very fast. Note that players do get dealt for actual picks, however there are often cap or inter-personal reasons for that.

Almost every team I have is a team I've taken over in a dynasty. Figure out who is good enough to be core parts on any team in the league, and then figure out whomever of the rest you want to move for the guys you want to use put your stamp on the league.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Hard no for me.
    Agree

Dobber Sports Titan

I think the time to acquire Bedard will be like December/January 2023/24. He's going to get 60-70pts his rookie year, and people are asking for the moon right now at the chance at Bedard.

In January 2024, the price will be more realistic, and something like Robertson or Makar could get him. I think he's a top 10 pick in a new keeper league, but his draft rank to production value won't come next yr. It'll come in 2025.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll