Thread: Ryan Merkley wants out of SJ

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Ryan Merkley wants out of SJ

https://twitter.com/frank_seravalli/...06003710476288

Sources say #sjsharks have made 2018 first-round pick D Ryan Merkley available. Merkley recently requested a trade and Sharks are trying to accommodate.

Merkley, 22, has played 39 NHL games and still has waiver eligibility.

@DailyFaceoff
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Ryan Merkley wants out of SJ

not surprised....he is not getting many chances but he is also not performing very well even at AHL level. He is also known to be bit problematic personality so i can see him being fed up...

I think there is talent there, but im not sure if his attitude serves him well long term....similar to Deanglo imo but i dont think he is as talented.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Veteran

In all fairness I think he's largely shaken off his attitude problems since his D+1 year. Dale Hunter spoke highly of his maturity growth when he played for the London Knights and I can't recall any drama while he's been a Barracuda. But maybe I'm forgetting something.

His reputation as a complete shitheel at 16-18 and an awful teammate in Guelph was well-earned from everything I had heard. Seems like he's got a solid head on his shoulders now and I assume this request is more for a change of scenery with more opportunity which isn't entirely unreasonable.

Dobber Sports Titan

Guys staring down the barrel of his last potential shot at staying in the NHL. He has 39gp since being drafted in 2018 (5yrs ago), is at the end of his contract (RFA in July), and saw Timmins who was drafted the yr prior essentially have his career saved by going to a new (good) team and just getting minutes.

I honestly don't know if he's worthy of a spot in an NHL teams plans, but RHD and can skate...he should be given a legit shot by a well structured team.

A team like NJD might be a fit in their need of a RHD for the 6th/7th/8th Dman role. Spots are opening up next yr on their core. But they aren't exactly sound for him to flourish to translate the final 40games into a new contract really.

I think most D who get moved after being benched/minor'd for so long without getting an opportunity on a bad team don't work out on a new team. However, if I'm a team that is in need of a RHD to stop gap some injuries, I'd trade "PTBDL" for him. Or a 7th rounder kinda thing.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll