Thread: The Annoying Neighbour

Dobber Sports Titan

Default The Annoying Neighbour

I was staying at my parents house through Christmas often and it's the same house I grew up in, and it's the same neighbour since we moved in 30yrs ago. Being there again set me off on the smallest thing possible but I got so flustered I started complaining again about her to people and the scenarios came flooding back, so I thought I would share some of the stuff she has done around the neighbourhood.

Context:
    She has 3 adult children who are in their 40s, 1 lives with her still and he's had a troubled past, but the other 2 kids are a doctor and a lawyer and we don't see them often. One has a child and she's barely seeing her grandma (the neighbour).

1 - When I was in gr2, the son was going off inside the house breaking things, and tearing the phones off the wall. The daughters came over to ask us to call police (pre-cellphone era) and we did, and my dad went over to make sure everyone was ok (prolly not the best to do). The police came, arrested the son, and I can't say what happened legally as we don't know. But the mom decided to kick the son out. But he had no where to go, so he built a treehouse in the backyard 2 storeys high to live in. It was against the fence looking over our playarea in the backyard. We called bylaw cause that's creepy and he was told to take it down. A month later our tires are slashed. We suspected him.

2 - She's been going off on our property line for decades. Saying her property line on her blueprints are wrong and she has 5 more feet on our side. But she's wrong. She kept growing her side garden onto our property taking over our space, so we put up a little fence and she called the police on us for it. She was told not to call the police for this again.

3 - She paid for a surveyor to come out last yr to mark the property line. She technically lost property because our fence isn't right on the property line. So because of the results she freaked on the surveyors and are currently in a lawsuit over payment.

4 - She wrote a letter saying our AC unit was too loud and because she's old and leaves the windows open all summer we should too. And when we didn't stop using the AC, she blasted a radio at us to drown out the AC unit noise.

5 - She feeds animals despite a local ban on feeding wildlife for coyotes sake, and we've fought her over this for yrs. Skunks used to be around a lot where we have a dog, and needed to live trap skunks and set them free unhurt away from our property because our dog was getting sprayed. She called animal service on us saying we were poisoning them and shooting them. Because of the feeding, cars get sprayed with bird poop constantly. Coyotes roam the area early morning.

6 - She called our fence ugly when I was restaining it. And freaked on me for it. She called it ugly like me, then ran off. That was just a weird argument.

7 - I was working on my car one day and was using power tools. She walked outside with her lawnmower and turned it on, let it run stationary and walked in. I'm guessing to try and annoy me because I was being loud for her?

8 - I parked on the road in front of her house as our house has a fire hydrant so I couldn't park there. We're very careful not to exceed the 3hr limit as she's called bylaw on us for that. But one time she came to our door and told me to move my ugly truck as it's on her property (it was like 2yrs old, so it's not like it was a lemon). I told her to get off our property and she called me a baby and stormed off

9 - Her other neighbour is a single mother of a low functioning autistic boy (sorry if that's not the proper way to say it) who is extremely allergic to peanuts. Well she (neighbour) feeds animals peanuts who then leave the shells all over the other property. The single mother asked the neighbour to stop because of the danger to her son, neighbour told her to essentially F off.

10 - When I was a child, a note went to our parents about a girl getting lured by a man in a red coat. The girl wasn't taken, but police starting going around asking questions. They asked our house if the neighbours son was seen recently in the coat. Nothing came of it, but he was on the radar for this. This makes the treehouse thing weirder from point 1.

11 - she had an argument with someone parked in front of her house and sprayed water on the inside of the persons car during the argument. Like not a spritz. It was a lot of water she sprayed in from the hose. But then called the police saying the car owner assaulted her.

There's a lot more, but these are the funny/annoying interactions I remember. But this was me just venting after getting his new car destroyed from bird poop for like 7 straight days.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: The Annoying Neighbour

I'm tempted to make a Hamilton joke but it's the luck of the draw often when it comes to awful neighbours no matter where you are. I'm fortunate the street I'm raising my kids on has been great and the worst neighbours are jus the couple who moved from Toronto who continually cordon off the street parking in front of their house like they f*%$@ing own it.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I'm tempted to make a Hamilton joke but it's the luck of the draw often when it comes to awful neighbours no matter where you are. I'm fortunate the street I'm raising my kids on has been great and the worst neighbours are jus the couple who moved from Toronto who continually cordon off the street parking in front of their house like they f*%$@ing own it.
    This is Burlington lol. Which somehow makes it worse.

My theory is she's always been bitter, but solitude, retirement, and age have just made the problems worse. She doesn't even make sense when you argue with her which is the worst part. Her arguing the property line, then say her blueprints are wrong, then say the surveyor's are wrong...If I can find the AC letter she put in our mail box I'll add it here lol
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Master

Home Depot dropped off my order of wood many years ago in the driveway and the neighbour asked if I was building a new deck .

I said no , I'm building a fence . The reaction was priceless

Dobber Sports Superstar

Luck of the draw on neighbors, reminds me of the part in the movie Step Brothers when their house is for sale. You can't argue with stupid, feel bad for your parents.
    Sounds so crazy, you can't be making this up - lol. Need to make a movie.
    Been lucky, have had great neighbors for 25 years.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Sage

I'm sorry to hear this and you have probably handled it better than I would. We had TERRIBLE neighbors at our old townhouse. They made so much noise every single day, had a menacing pitbull that they often left on their patio which was only separated from us by an old fence, and they parked cars all over the place even leaving them on the street overnight which is against the law in our town. Did I mention that they made a lot of noise? We literally shared walls with these people and their small kids were constantly running, bouncing off the walls, and what I presume to be playing soccer in their living room. They often had parties even on weeknights that would make sleeping difficult. I actually joined the townhouse board so I could pass some rules that would prohibit their annoying behaviors. I also notified the police after they parked on the streets for months without ever receiving a ticket. My wife forgot to pull in the driveway overnight when we were dating ONCE and she received a ticket. Nowadays, I have PTSD with neighbors. When two of our neighbors across the street moved within the last 5 years, I was anxious the entire time waiting to see who would move in. Thankfully, it was two calm families. So yeah, I feel your pain!
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Immortal

Geez we have a very very nosey neighbor who we like to complain about. But these stories makes me feel bad about complaining. That is some frustrating stuff.