Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Daily betting advice

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Daily betting advice

So everyday, me and two friends place a bet on Bet365.com. We each bet $1/day and we get to pick whatever we want for the daily pick. That could mean a straight up winner, over/unders/ + or - 1.5 for score, or even individual player picks. Obviously with only a $1 bet, we are doing it more for the enjoyment but also the competition amongst ourselves. Some weeks we go winless, some weeks we win a few nights.

Lately, I've been in a dirty slump where I havent won a single pick all week long and it's really frustrating me. Leafs losing last night, Vegas losing to Anaheim the other night, games like that are some of my bad picks this week (although you'd think they should be good, smart picks).

I am curious if anyone here does daily picks like this and if so, where are you going to on the web for daily pick advice? Is there a particular website you rely on more for pick advice? I've been using winnersandwhiners.com from time to time and also use pickswise.com as a resourse but both have been coming up dry for me lately as far as "best picks" go.

I could just go on my gut feeling but I tend to look for lineup advice going into the games before making my pick. Things like who's starting, injuries I might not have known about, etc.

Anyone got anything they use and want to share? I have been getting my nose rubbed into it lately by my buddies because of my crap streak that is going on and I'd like to turn it around. It doesnt have to be the NHL. We can bet on anything that bet365 offers (NBA, MLB, college sports, etc). I just tend to stick to the NHL because that's the sport I follow the closest in the winter.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Daily betting advice

After years of randomly betting on WAY too many parlays, I took a new approach last fall. Parlays are nice if you win, but they're not a long term recipe for success.

I follow 2 "prop specific" guys who mostly post daily NBA and NFL props. They post them on Twitter but then the specific bets are on the Action Network app (it's free). The one guy is up 21 units on the NBA season so far so I have just been following him. They both go through minor ups and downs but this year I've been following @PropBetGuy for NFL props and @PropBomb for NBA props.

I don't know much about NBA but I wasn't doing well betting on the sports I do know about so this has worked for me lately. Does that make me a degenerate? LOL I'm not sure. But I've been much more successful following these guys and winning small amounts.

The only thing here is they often get on lines early and if you don't have notifications on you may miss the exact line they're posting about.

Dobber Sports Deity

Thanks. I've done the odd props at varying times but not often. I'll have to check those ones out and see if I can find any others on twitter.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Thanks. I've done the odd props at varying times but not often. I'll have to check those ones out and see if I can find any others on twitter.
    There is a hockey one called @WallaBets.

He posts A LOT though. And they're mostly SOG props which I don't love. But he's up 32.5 units on the season

Dobber Sports Deity

A win is a win for me. I'll definitely check him out. Thanks.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

The Iceman (Elio Imbornone) plays Over/Unders (always takes the overs) and has a pretty good track record. He doesn't do one daily, but when he does one its usually a winner.

https://twitter.com/elio82
    10 Team H2H Points 1 Year League
    2020 Runner Up, 2021 Champion, 2022 Champion

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by 1320kid View Post
    The Iceman (Elio Imbornone) plays Over/Unders (always takes the overs) and has a pretty good track record. He doesn't do one daily, but when he does one its usually a winner.

https://twitter.com/elio82
    Cool, thanks.

No problem! He just posted he’s taking EDM/SJ over 6.5 tonight. Let’s see!

Dobber Sports Deity

No problem! He just posted he’s taking EDM/SJ over 6.5 tonight. Let’s see!
    Bet365 has the over under at 7. It was 6.5 earlier though

Ah shoot, sorry!

Dobber Sports Immortal

Daily betting advice. Take 9ers to win + Jags with a teaser spread or a lower Over for the LAC/Jac game. I think the night game will be close and pretty high scoring.

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Bet365 has the over under at 7. It was 6.5 earlier though
    O 7 still printed! Crazy.

Dobber Sports Deity

O 7 still printed! Crazy.
    I ended up going with McDavid over 3.5 sog (which was a winner for me) but if I had stuck with the over 7 in the Oilers game, I would have been fine too.

Nice bet!

Dobber Sports Immortal

Speaking of bet365....they have a "superboost" bet today to double your money for the 9ers to score in both halves